How do we feel about the nerf of buffed 3*s

13»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the first one I really noticed, because it's one of the few I had memorized, and it's a stark difference.

Captain America's red did 6901 when he was boosted to 240 previously. He's doing 4785 @ lvl247 now. That's crippling.

He went from "I'm excited to use him with IM40 for the upcoming PvP" to "Guess I'm using my 4*s after all."

If the whole tier was nerfed 33%, that's pretty horrific.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Mawtful wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:
    There are still two people whose job it is to interact on the forums still, right?

Actually only one; Hi-Fi is the community manager, for D3, so he's covering MtGPQ and ATPQ as well, and probably Twitter, Facebook, Google+ (that's still a thing, right?), Youtube (do they have a youtube account?), MySpace, Tumblr, LiveJournal, alt.arts.sf.marvel.games.mpq Usenet group, and tend to the carrier pigeons used for offline messaging. So I think he actually manages to stay quite busy.

I honestly get the impression that the lapses in communication here on the forums are indicative of a breakdown of communication either between Demiurge and D3, or internally at Demiurge, or both. If it is a scenario as I outlined above, but the developers don't ever mention that to Hi-Fi then he can't actually lay it all out for us. That's bad.

I have mentioned this several times, and I either get flamed with "SHUT UP, WHITE KNIGHT" by angry vets or I get "This Is Your OFFICIAL BOARD WARNING" from the mods.

smdh
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    This is the first one I really noticed, because it's one of the few I had memorized, and it's a stark difference.

Captain America's red did 6901 when he was boosted to 240 previously. He's doing 4785 @ lvl247 now. That's crippling.

He went from "I'm excited to use him with IM40 for the upcoming PvP" to "Guess I'm using my 4*s after all."

If the whole tier was nerfed 33%, that's pretty horrific.
    Yes it was. So buffed 3* are just a little tougher then non-buffed. Damage increase is minimal from buff.
  • Was the "bug" ever fixed? I don't even know why I expect anything different from them anymore on the communication front.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    mmrosek wrote:
    Was the "bug" ever fixed? I don't even know why I expect anything different from them anymore on the communication front.

My understanding is "no" - ability damage above lvl 166 was reduced in R91 and I've not seen any difference in any release since then up to today. It appears that you need many, many, champ covers before 3* are close in ability damage output to where they were before champing when above level 166.

So...good luck getting to 1K in PVP with 3* boosted characters, cause it got a whole lot tougher to compete with 4* rosters.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    mmrosek wrote:
    Was the "bug" ever fixed? I don't even know why I expect anything different from them anymore on the communication front.

This thread exists precisely because not only it was never "fixed", it was never acknowledged as a bug or otherwise by the devs.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Captain America's red did 6901 when he was boosted to 290 previously
    Fixed* icon_e_wink.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Well guys, there's your answer. I'll sum it up for you from he official post: "Too bad, so sad brah, spend moar for 4 & 5*s, lolz!!"
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Well guys, there's your answer. I'll sum it up for you from he official post: "Too bad, so sad brah, spend moar for 4 & 5*s, lolz!!"

Yep - I get the feeling that, after 7 pages of rage, we will settle into "this too shall pass".

I mostly just annoyed that Demiurge TRICKED me into spending so much of my ISO reserves on Champing 3* during the first week that I could have spent or saved for 4*. If they had added just a few lines of clarification during the rollout, I'd have still been upset that they nerfed the entire 3* tier when boosted, but at least I could have planned accordingly. That's the part that I have a hard time letting go of....