Patch Notes v1.3.1 (02/19/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Patch Notes 1.3.1!

• Random crashes in all of the game areas are now fixed.
• All new daily free Booster Packs.
• Increased Mana Runes rewards.
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.

Gameplay
Free Booster Packs
    • Claim your free 3-card Booster Pack every 8 hours in the Vault! • This replaces the current 3-card Booster Pack that players could purchase with Runes - you can no longer purchase packs with Runes.

Reward Changes
    • Winning Quick Battles now rewards a flat 300 Runes per victory. • The amount of Ribbons awarded for Quick Battle victories are now dependent on the level of the Planeswalker you won with.
    o Levels 1 to 19: 1 Ribbon o Levels 20 to 29: 2 Ribbons o Levels 30 to 39: 3 Ribbons o Levels 40 to 49: 4 Ribbons o Level 50: 5 Ribbons
    • The amount of Runes won after replaying an Encounter in Story Mode has changed. The amount now depends on which Chapter the Encounter is located in.
    o All chapters: 50 Runes for a loss o Origins - Chapter One - Part 1: 100 Runes per victory o Origins - Chapter One - Part 2: 125 Runes per victory o Origins - Chapter Two - Part 1: 150 Runes per victory o Origins - Chapter Two - Part 2: 175 Runes per victory o Origins - Chapter Three - Part 1: 200 Rune per victory o Origins - Chapter Three - Part 2: 220 Runes per victory o Heroic Encounters: 250 Runes per victory
    • The rewards for the second Objective in every Encounter now gives 250 Runes (instead of 8 Crystals).

Potion Changes
    • Your Potions will now cap at 3 instead of 5. • The Potion regeneration timer remains the same, at 30 minutes per Potion.

Bug Fixes/Improvements
    • Fixed random crashes in all game areas. • The correct prices and currency are displayed for all the offers - they were previously incorrectly displayed in USD. Note that you were still charged the correct amount at the purchase confirmation point. • Chapters are now properly unlocked when connectivity loss occurs during the tutorial portion of the game. • The proper images are now shown for the Custom Pack and the Starter Pack in the Activity Hub. • Fixed a bug where some players were not switching to the proper color Event in Quick Battle. We optimized the experience for claiming rewards at the end of an Event. You should no longer experience latency.

Comments

• The_Leftist
    Options
    Questions

1) Can you confirm that either walkers will be released that have a higher level cap, or that soon we will have a higher cap for the current walkers? In the patch notes, it says 5 ribbons for walkers level 50+

2) Are you guys working on the current Embermaw bug? A creature attacking him always does Base damage and if that creature recieves enough damage to kill him at base life, it does. It doesn't register any buffs that creature has unless that creature happens to have first strike.

3) Now that the update has been released, can you either tell us or at least give a teaser as to what we will be able to do with duplicates as well as runes aside from leveling walkers?

4) In a previous interview, you referred to the updates leading up to the Battle For Zendikar. Can you tell us how far away that is?

5) Have you given any thought to either letting us use the desired level of planeswalker Ability instead of being forced to use the highest level for our walkers, or revamping the power system to make up for the fact that some walkers powers get too situational or cost too much for the desired effect?

All in all, I really like the update. Aside from the loss of gold in story, all the changes seem great. I'm curious as to wether potion gold cost decreased since 40 gold used to get you 5 potions, or if it still does, but I'm sure I will figure that out for myself soon.
  • icon_e_biggrin.gif thanks for fixing the crashes!
  • Aside from my own prejudice that removing normal boosters was a huge cash grab and very detrimental to new players, here are some suggestions of the state of the game:
    • Please allow rune packs to stack up, up to 3 maybe, so that one can check in every 24 hours instead of every 8.
    • Think about gifting 1 free rune booster per first time storyline victory. This will go a LONG way in helping newbies gain cards, and keep playing.
    • Think about doubling or tripling the rune boosters from pve - right now pvp is much better for everything, and not to mention easier.