I just pulled 3 4* covers in a row

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Either was the weirdest run of luck, or the RNG loved me.

Was using event tokens, and I think I was grinding thick as thieves and before I went to sleep, pulled a Blue IW. Then with the next event token, I pulled a Green XF Wolvie. Then with the best there is token, got a yellow IW.

Maybe makes up for my run of horrible standard recruit tokens.

Comments

• AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's some luck, congrats
  • That's pretty amazing. I think my best run was 3/4 with three star covers (various tokens). Sadly, I only needed one of them.
  • I think the seeding is a little off; I once had a streak where I got 5 Rag greens and 3 Magneto reds from 8 Diabolical tokens in a row. It's possible that certain people's PCs cause aberrations in the RNG.
  • Celerity wrote:
    I think the seeding is a little off; I once had a streak where I got 5 Rag greens and 3 Magneto reds from 8 Diabolical tokens in a row. It's possible that certain people's PCs cause aberrations in the RNG.

Then tell me what I need to do bc I just pulled 5 straight......Yelenas.. no joke.
  • Surely they'd determine that server-side? Otherwise people are just going to try to cheat engine themselves a string of blue Bag Ladies.

And congratulations, remy. Always nice to see the RNG take our side, if only for a few minutes. I think I used up all my luck getting what sounds, from other people's kvetching, like better than average pulls out of standards for a few weeks. Only the odd MN Magneto and a couple 3*s, like, but not the fiddly to redeem 100 ISO you're expecting.
  • Just got a blue Cap and yellow Thor from 2 heroics, so I hate you LoL
  • Just got a blue Cap and yellow Thor from 2 heroics, so I hate you LoL

insert obligatory don't hate the player, hate the rng here icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Jealous. icon_e_smile.gif

One of my earliest pulls ever was an XForce - fifth one, I think? - so of course I trashed it since no roster space! Never been lucky since. icon_e_wink.gif
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I doubt there is anything wonky, just good ol' RNG.
  • ah so you are the reason I pulled 3 purple bagmans in a row off heroics during the event! icon_razz.gif

gratz man, nice pulls icon_e_smile.gif
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Catalyst wrote:
    ah so you are the reason I pulled 3 purple bagmans in a row off heroics during the event! icon_razz.gif

gratz man, nice pulls icon_e_smile.gif
    ha. I pulled 5.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was rather lucky the last few days as well...

the progression heroic token in the oscorp event gave me a daredevil (ok, don't know how far that goes as 'lucky')
    then later that day I pulled a ***-mag from a standard token
    and just now I pulled a rag from the no holds bar heroic token

icon_e_smile.gif

but then I've had streaks of 30 or longer where I never pulled anything other than a * from a standard token (and like 29 of the yelena).
  • I've pulled enough one stars to have ten maxed out of each. The only luck was a green x force yesterday
  • Veracity wrote:
    Surely they'd determine that server-side? Otherwise people are just going to try to cheat engine themselves a string of blue Bag Ladies.

Most RNG is determined by system clock and a random seed. It can be manipulated, unless the devs put extra effort towards making sure it can't. I'm assuming the same is true for MPQ since you can manipulate other things using the system clock and use client-side cheats.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Celerity wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    Surely they'd determine that server-side? Otherwise people are just going to try to cheat engine themselves a string of blue Bag Ladies.

Most RNG is determined by system clock and a random seed. It can be manipulated, unless the devs put extra effort towards making sure it can't. I'm assuming the same is true for MPQ since you can manipulate other things using the system clock and use client-side cheats.
    Cover pulls are definitely controlled server-side. Otherwise there'd have to be an app update for every new token or every time they add a new character to an existing token pool.
  • So while reading this thread, I realized I had a heroic token sitting around. Green IW. First 4* cover!