Damn some people play the whole day lol

EDUSAN
EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
So the new ladder started like 12hs ago, in my bracket the 1st one on ladder has already 260 ribbons

DAMN

i have 6

Comments

• Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I know, I don't know how people can get to 700-800 ribbons in 2 days, assuming 2 minutes per game and no losses that's 8 hours straight playing, I am never going to win a mythic card
  • Whenever I see that, I assume the top to be pay-to-win. The ones who spend money on crystals and runes to heal up their walkers. That said, I was able to get a high ranking last round by playing a lot. But it was A LOT. All my spare time. And then the top scorers were WAY beyond me. Doesn't seem fair. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Shirak wrote:
    Whenever I see that, I assume the top to be pay-to-win. The ones who spend money on crystals and runes to heal up their walkers. That said, I was able to get a high ranking last round by playing a lot. But it was A LOT. All my spare time. And then the top scorers were WAY beyond me. Doesn't seem fair. icon_rolleyes.gif

You don't really need money to play without pauses. With the right PW, the right deck and the right level, you don't have to heal a lot.

My low level Nissa kills fast, doesn't get hit often and can even heal during battle. Most of the time I can play her 5 to 10 battles without healing her outside of the battle. Only battles against Jace are a bit longer and hurt a lot.

And now with the reset bug being fixed I think I could play all day long without healing between battles by switching to another PW for a short time.

BUT since I need a lot of rares in almost all colors, I rather play 1-2 hours per day to get to rank 17 to 26 for the rare and sweet crystals instead of 10+ hours for a mythic that I don't care for.
  • I don't think you can speed up healing with gems or runes, other than using runes to level a PW and thereby regaining full health. But that of course will stop working once your PW is max lvl.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    i wonder if some people play with bots or something like that

i find extremely hard to be able to get so many ribbons in the 3 days that the ladder last

and its not as if everyone is around there, there is always 2 or 3 people that has +100 ribbons than the rest
  • EDUSAN wrote:
    i wonder if some people play with bots or something like that

i find extremely hard to be able to get so many ribbons in the 3 days that the ladder last

and its not as if everyone is around there, there is always 2 or 3 people that has +100 ribbons than the rest

Well that's the whole reason for getting ahead by far, so that others give up on the chase.
    I'm really curious how 1.31 will change quick battle. I guess it won't be that obvious any more how you get the most points out of your time and some people won't be able anymore to farm points at a high rate non stop because of fewer potions.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    PooShoes wrote:
    I don't think you can speed up healing with gems or runes
    You can. Once you run out of potions you're given the option of buying 1(?) potion for 10 crystals or I think all 5 of them for 40(?). It's insanely overpriced and you should never, ever do it, so most people probably forget you even can. That and if you play really slowly you avoid running out of potions (although we'll see how the 1.31 patch changes that, since you only have 3 then). As others have said, though, I doubt it's whales buying their way to 1st place. If you have a good deck with the right cards you can play fast and heal yourself and not worry about it. The low-level trick also likely helps.

(I'm a little confused why this thread is in suggestions - shouldn't it be in general?)