Please make the game playable for casual players again!

Options
2»

Comments

• I want them to bring back the old chapters because I missed chapter one and want to read the dialogue.

They have to bring them back at some point. Otherwise a new player will join the game and see that we're on episode 6 or something and be like "what happened in all the other chapters"?
  • I agree. In order to make any sense in this chaos we need more PvE material. And functional SHIELD training area which should not be like the current competitive PvP arena but rather what it stands for: TRAINING. Let the newcomers and casual players have some route where they can get at least some ISO, HP and heroic covers to juice their interest. Throw away the training ground leaderboard and player's progression affection to PvP MMR. Alter the current training ground rewards way lower, shuffle them once in awhile and let the player's reward progress nullify to zero every week (or month). Now that would be encouraging way to let people slowly build up their teams. Right now SHIELD training ground just plain doesn't work since rewards are static and nobody can reach the higher awards.

PvP tourneys are broken. They never were fun for me anyways so I could live with that. But then the devs tinykittyed up the latest PvE tournament with sudden and multiple alterations to the rules. The result was unfunny and broken PvE also. Right now there's no incentive for me to A) try to compete against the game rules I find unfair and or B) spend any more money to support the game ( I have done it several times, so I hope that has some weight). But this current version is not what I want to support.

I want more constant PvE and I can see I'm not alone. Give us a Chapter 1 PvE that is suitable for high level 1*s and low-to-mid level 2*s and is not time limited.
  • Ariakos wrote:
    I agree. In order to make any sense in this chaos we need more PvE material. And functional SHIELD training area which should not be like the current competitive PvP arena but rather what it stands for: TRAINING. Let the newcomers and casual players have some route where they can get at least some ISO, HP and heroic covers to juice their interest. Throw away the training ground leaderboard and player's progression affection to PvP MMR. Alter the current training ground rewards way lower, shuffle them once in awhile and let the player's reward progress nullify to zero every week (or month). Now that would be encouraging way to let people slowly build up their teams. Right now SHIELD training ground just plain doesn't work since rewards are static and nobody can reach the higher awards.

PvP tourneys are broken. They never were fun for me anyways so I could live with that. But then the devs tinykittyed up the latest PvE tournament with sudden and multiple alterations to the rules. The result was unfunny and broken PvE also. Right now there's no incentive for me to A) try to compete against the game rules I find unfair and or B) spend any more money to support the game ( I have done it several times, so I hope that has some weight). But this current version is not what I want to support.

I want more constant PvE and I can see I'm not alone. Give us a Chapter 1 PvE that is suitable for high level 1*s and low-to-mid level 2*s and is not time limited.

As an idea to expand on the SHIELD training: it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to add the danger room. SHIELD training can be kept the way it is, as people have made progress and would definitely hate it, but make the Danger Room an option, allowing you to try different strategies out. You could pick 3 characters to go against, that would level match your team, and create a viable way of seeing different strategies. No heal penalty, but no reward (or maybe the 20 iso booby award). Then you would be able to do a trial and error without losing time.
  • I find PVE events to be boring. With Spidey 2 AP stun, even L230 battles are cupcakes, just tedious cycle of grinding every 8 hours.

Marvel has such great back stories to draw from. They should incorporate more of the lore of the marvel universe into PVE, instead these cheezy one liners after every battle.

If they weren't introducing new character covers, I don't think I'd play them at all.

I find PVP is far more entertaining and you won't get rubberbanded by some assclown who timed their play better than you did.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Forget casual. It's not fun for anyone.
  • I agree with the op.

Why can't they expand the prologue and put more different covers in? I have a magneto that has had one purple cover for 5 weeks now. Why can't there be a way of playing the game to build up your covers as opposed to the lottery of cover tokens?

Also I was sure when we hit the files count on the current pve we were all going to get a daredevil cover like we all got a hulk cover in the hulk event.

I don't see any event that gives you a daredevil cover.
  • I was also hoping for a daredevil cover once I hit the specified goal. That was the only reason I did that event aside from nothing else to do in game. Yes I am aware they hilariously threw up a tournament with Wolverine, 1 of which was nerfed and the other that most people don't have.

As for the OP, I think they could just removed point loss from the Shield tournament and so as you go up you get more and more current/relevant covers. I'd also like to see static PVE events as well. If they were to do it, they could have all the rewards be a certain distance back to the hardcore players that paid to get the newest covers don't complain too loudly are satisfied and you get something you could feasibly use too.
  • It does seem like they could take the art and mission assets from previous timed events, change the rewards a bit to throw in a couple useful covers, and add them the the permanent storyline. They'll have to do something like this eventually, the more covers they add to the game the less likely it is you'll get the same cover, which means the less likely it is you can level up at all. A year from now if they haven't added a way for new players to build up it will be almost impossible to get into the game.
  • I am still hoping to see pve events as constant chapters... Isn`t it a vaste to just remove it - they use prologe missions for events from time to time.
    I missed some mission in IM40 event... I want to read dialogs again. And i dont like pvp.

And, well, the more 3* heroes is there, the harder it is to start with only prologe and pvp.
  • Something occurred to me the other night when i was thinking about how the game gets more intense and less fun as you level up.

Now my best team is IM35, M Storm and M Black Widow, my highest level is 38. Ecen at this fairly early stage in the game I have a host of other covers who I have yet to level up much ot at all in some case due to not getting covers for them. These heroes are totally unplayable in PVP events or even SHIELD Training due to the MMR giving me matches they certainly couldnt handle. It would be fun to take a break from competeing in tourneys and just have a blast trying out these Heroes. I would like to be able to choose my team BEFORE I get a choice of matches. This way the MMR could base my matches on the level of Heroes I had picked and not some overall system it must currently use.

This would mean we could choose whatever characters we like and play a reasonably matched battle rather than having to use the same few Heroes and have the rest sit in our roster unplayed until they are of high enough level to compete. It is a simplechange but I think it would make all the difference, at least in SHIELD if not the main PVP cause that would prove difficult to implement due to the bracketing and rankings etc. Or take the Danger Room idea that has already been mentioned and use it there.