Sold Your Thor/Wolverine?

Options
2»

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I sold my Thor, he was a level 50. But to be honest, I rarely used him. I know that sounds crazy, but I rarely utilized thorverine. I can level up a new Thor if I want, but I'm moving towards leveling up my 3 star characters now. It's time to make the transition.
  • pulis wrote:
    So patch is only useful if you have high level loki?
    Need not be Loki, but yeah, that's the general idea. If you just drop him between Ares & **Widow, or the like, he'll be ok, especially at 3 green, and you've got your Best There Is at 5 to one-hit nearly anything for 14 red, but he's still a bit risky and you've got nothing on the team to mitigate it.

Wanted to note that, while I said Patch is more fun and that's obviously personal, anyway, I was just reminded Punisher does have Retribution to compete on that front. Chewing slowly through a handful of very crunchy 300% level 85 Thors with my level 20 for low-hanging progression fruit, and while I don't think Retribution is all that for unbuffed PvP, whittling Thor to "only" his last 5-6,000 hit points and having Punisher be all "close enough - bang" is glorious.
  • Narkon wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    My current Patch is only level 55 and I want to test him some more before I throw the 40k ISO I have on him or choose to spend it on Punisher who is still 16lv 3/4/3.
    Completely your call, but imo Punisher, easily. You badly want his green at 5, though. Depends on the rest of your roster, but Patch is extremely specialized and doesn't really work unless you're building the whole team around him cutting himself. Frank is a self-sufficient little murder machine you can drop in anywhere without much trouble. A green feeder does help him. Patch is totally more fun, though, and the fact you left his green at 3 does make him less of a potential liability.
    Yeah, for Punisher I am planning to go the 3/5/5 route.
    For Patch, the 5/3/5 just doesn't fit my play style which I assume will stay the same even after future nerfs (Spidey is 15 3/2/1 and I for this reason I don't use him at all). I am a hybrid of the cautious type who is scared by a potential +900 to enemy matches, and the impatient type who is bored having 9 green AP, but wait until the ideal moment comes to use his green. I want my Wolverine to feel like a brute, not a mastermind planning and plotting. When he can punch he punches.

Yea, sold 16+ patches in the last week. Have 2 left in my cache One of red one of green. At 4/3/5 right now. The 2 extra strike tiles is nice but the 2 extra enemies make it harder to cancel out the purple with something like magneto's blue plus a match or something. If he covers 3+ colors on a team then the red is worth the ap cost, but I didn't use it much in practise as I was going for green and blue which together ended the matches rather quick. Thing is the extra strike tiles for the enemy are the diff between the yellow mitigating all the extra damage done or not. I have 3-4 days but I am having a hard time deciding. Also 4 in green xforce with 1 in the wing. Hoping info on him comes out soon. I kinda would like a wolvie that isn't 2** weak or self damaging (didn't use og 2** wolvie).
  • I would really like to know how long these will be on sale for so i can keep my thor till the last moment. Any ideas have "they" said.
  • I sold both and spent 21k ISO on the 500 ISO cover option.