Psychic Rebuttal: Bug or feature?

Options
squidbot
squidbot Posts: 9
So, this was kind of funny, and I can't tell if it was intended or not. I was playing Jace vs Jace in quick battle. I cast Psychic Rebuttal, then a few turns later my opponent cast Psychic Rebuttal. As soon as I received damage from one of the opponent critters, our Psychic Rebuttals kicked in to a game of ping pong. My PR caused one damage, his PR caused one back, then mine hit back, then his hit back, on and on until my opponent was dead 24 ping pongs later (at the time I had 26 and my opponent had 24.) So basically, when 2 PR's come in to play, whoever has the highest mana wins.

So it "makes sense" in terms of what the card reads, but is this really intended? I literally just sat and watched for about 1 minute and a half as damage was traded back and forth until my opponent died. This seems wrong. It could be "abused" if your opponent casts it and you know that if you cast it and have higher health, you are guaranteed a win.

I actually would have posted this in the general forum, but for some reason this is the only one I can create a new post it (maybe I need approval or something?)

Thanks!

Comments

• Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Ha, that is a hilarious interaction - and as worded on the card seems to be what I would expect the functionality to be. It should probably be changed to something like, "Each time a creature deals combat damage to you, deal 1 damage to that creature's owner." That would make it significantly weaker vs Chandra but mostly unchanged vs other planeswalkers. Or just leave it how it is, because, again, that's freaking hilarious.
  • Pretty funny. Or if you had Orb of Warding (gain 2 life whenever you take 1 damage) You not only win, but you will probably gain a majority of your health back.
  • This is extremely funny and I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about...