Promote Three Star Ironman?

Lady Axe Face
Lady Axe Face Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
I know three star iron man isn't the greatest character, but there is one thing he is good at, which is teaming up with Captain America and The Hood, generating more red and blue. For this purpose, I've been keeping him at 5 - 5 - 2, but now I'm sitting on two more covers, and wondering, would it be worth it to promote him? I'm thinking no, it seems like he's only good in my gimmick team that I use for tough PvE. Thoughts?

Comments

• kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    The most compelling argument anyone can make for championing him, is he is only 1 of 2 characters that features Ironman Hulkbuster as the 4 star in his progression tree. He is a top 3 4 star in the entire game. Nearly a must have in the current meta.

If you only have a few Hulkbuster covers, and might be in a position to leverage some of them from his tree months from now, then do it.

If you already have a bunch and think you'll have him cover maxed before you get that far down 3* ironmans tree, then don't.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are rumors that he will be fixed soon. They already announced changes to QS and said that more changes are coming to a couple more characters. I went ahead and added a third yellow to mine. I don't use him much anyway, so it's not a big loss for me if they don't change him or if they actually somehow make him worse. icon_lol.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like your handle btw, you should put this in your sig icon_twisted.gif

friday-the-13th-ax-in-head.jpg

edit: i better note just in case that this is sfx from friday the 13th, not actual gore from 4chan.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'll make up my mind to champion him once I've got all the iso for my other three stars or move on to leveling my four stars. It'll be 16 to 20 years from now so I've got some time to think about it.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like five posts down

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38152