****(X-Force) Domino****

Options
Karass
Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
edited March 2018 in Speculation and Concepts
Here's my very first attempt at making a MPQ character, and I chose Domino

She's a mutant who can influence luck and probability, so that's why I'm gonna make it her main attribute

(X-Force) Domino
blackflagpngyellowflagpngblueflagpng

Stacking the odds (9AP)
Domino's abilities to control luck influence the battlground in her team's favour. You can choose any basic tile to place a 4-turn countdown tile. While this countdown tile is active, the probability of descending tiles of the same colour increase by XX%.

Next levels : duration of the countdown improved and better odds.

Lucky shots (8AP)
Domino focuses her luck to strike a major hit on her enemies. Places 2 2-turn countdown tiles that become critical tiles when their countdown runs down.

Next levels : countdown reduced and one extra critical tile

Guns blazing (7AP)
Domino uses her abilities to dodge enemy attacks and shoot them with her miniguns. Deals X damage to the target and places 1 strength Y protect tile.

Next levels : Bigger damage and bigger defend tile

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blueflag.png That is inspired! New mechanic not in game, and definitely usable! Are the cd tiles randomly placed, or you can place them manually?

yellowflag.png Would be incredibly hard to implement, so .. maybe change it to "each cd tile turns X amount of color tiles to strongest color (lucky!)", this not only creates cascades itself, but helps power abilities.

Lastly, since Domino has 2 Cd tile based abilities, Falcap would be the perfect pairing, but loads of overlapping, maybe swap yellow for either green or purple? (falcaps blue is passive, so the overlap is fine there)

Also, what cover would you use?

My choice:

latest?cb=20071208044305

One of the few covers w/ her that is not overly sexualized, and has the dominoes in the background!
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    for blueflag.png you would chose which tile gets to become in time a critical tile

you are right about the technical aspect of yellowflag.png but when there's a will, there's a way :p your solution solves mostly the issue while keeping the "feed-me-whatever-color-I-need" aspect of the ability.

Since her pairing with Falcap works, replacing yellowflag.png by purpleflag.png could make it a better combo and give Falcap a better chance to shine.

I wanted to have her in her X-Force gear, but after some thoughts, her powers don't really fit with XFW or XFDP...
    After a quick look through existing covers, yours seems to be the (only) best choice.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think domino needs her blueflag.png to be traps that proc 1-turn countdown tiles that convert into whitecrit.png on your next turn.

Here's how it'd work:

Domino gets passive "luck" trap.png tiles. When fully covered, she places multiple traps per turn.

If you pop a trap, she gets a Hulk-like ONE TURN ecountdown.png Anger tile.

On your next turn, it converts to a whitecrit.png .

That's the best way I can make sense of her "Uncanny Luck" ability.