Loyal customer no more

Options
2»

Comments

• NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    When I get random cascades out of nowhere, it's a reflection of my superior skill. Can't speak for the rest of you.

icon_lol.gif exactly
    Typhon13 wrote:
    In the pvp I've seen the CPU clear HALF THE BOARD in one shot on more than one occasion, and almost all of what they cleared fell from above the initial board. I've never gotten close to such a cascade. They know what's up there.

I've had several of these happen in my favour before....
  • These conspiracy theories are stupid. Think with your head. It's vastly easier to write a completely random function that it is to write one which favors one side. Why would they go through the trouble? To make the AI win more? To make players feel bad? What exactly would there be to gain from this mystical code?

As for the AI "knowing" about offscreen cascades, rofl. The AI doesn't even see cascades that are ON THE SCREEN. The AI doesn't even know how to match 5, or to kill your countdown tiles. Get out of here.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    clearly your match 3 skills are greatly lacking. How could you not foresee the matches that would fall from the sky upon a match. If you had prepared better you could have made that match before the AI did. Simple arithmetic after all icon_razz.gif
  • Celerity wrote:
    These conspiracy theories are stupid. Think with your head. It's vastly easier to write a completely random function that it is to write one which favors one side. Why would they go through the trouble? To make the AI win more? To make players feel bad? What exactly would there be to gain from this mystical code?

As for the AI "knowing" about offscreen cascades, rofl. The AI doesn't even see cascades that are ON THE SCREEN. The AI doesn't even know how to match 5, or to kill your countdown tiles. Get out of here.
    I think it knows how to match 5, but deliberately doesn't because that's a bloody powerful move and Demiurge doesn't want people crying about it. Unless it's a line, obviously, because then it can't take the match any other way. Don't know if they've ever said so, though. Of course, if that is the case, it leads us again to ask why they'd go to the trouble of teaching it to cheat at the player's expense elsewhere. Welcome, <playername>! Enjoy your stay. LOSE MORE! Thanks, see you next time. Probably a conspiracy to sell health packs, everything else apparently is.

It's not that awful at seeing cascades and double matches, in my experience. That's one thing it does do, at least a bit. Probably as well as most people. The ridiculous prioritization of 4-matches and the fact it doesn't, that I've ever noticed, see special tiles of either affiliation at all are what hamstring it. Oh, and its propensity for prioritizing on match strength alone with no regard for what AP it needs or even can use.
  • I've noticed more crazy cascades since the latest patch, especially in PvP. At least a dozen times so far I've had the opponent get a cascade giving them 10 ap of every color! Usually happens in the first 3 turns of the match. If this is their way of increasing defensive wins it's very frustrating. A game is supposed to be fun, but when they obviously change it to hurt the customer it zaps the fun right out of it. I don't care who you are, but if the opponent loads up with 10 ap that early in a match it's a no win situation. If I get a lucky cascade I might get 10 ap of one color. Definitely haven't had one that totally loads me up.

And this latest PvE is a joke. Too much overlap in effective colors and very little dps to kill the opponent. It's not fun. It's doable, but not fun. And to make Daredevil the only powered-up hero is a money grab. Even if you did well in TaT you're only going to have DD able to get into the 20s. Not to mention he's almost useless against hammer.

If the fun factor doesn't come back soon I'm out. The funbalancing was necessary but the events have been horrible and the money grabs are killing the game. And then throw on the crazy cascades and I'm just about ready to throw my phone against the wall.