Loyal customer no more

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So this is defnintely not something I normally do. If I buy something I don't like, I usually just say lesson learned to myself and go on about my day. This game however, has turned into an absolute joke and a rip off. I have not idea if it was the nerf that made the characters useless that made me see it, but the problems with this game goes way beyond that. Funny thing is, I can deal with the money grubbing. I get that the devs have to make their money somehow. Paying for boosts, shields, all of that I'm OK with. The problem I have is that every aspect of the game gives the edge to the competition, be it PvE or PvP. The borads are deliberately set up to favor the opposition, the cascades fall alot more frequently for the competition, and the "random way" the tiles for after matches usually falls to the favor of the competition as well. When I'm in a matchup where I need green tiles and the enemy needs black tiles for example, black tiles abound on the board, and the few greens are scattered to all points, preventing any type of match. When attack tiles come out, mine are usually bunched and ready to be eliminated, while the enemies again are scattered and with no like tiles anywhere near them.

This makes for a very lopsided and unenjoyable game. I have wiped many times on trivial missions as well as been wiped out completly by a team of the same calibur before I could even take one member out. This unfortunately leaves me with a choice to make, keep playing and get increasingly frustrated at the one sided gameplay, or walk away. This really sucks, since I enjoy the game and have seen what it could be if not for the extremely one sided gameplay. I feel extremely ripped off at the money I've spent, but I won't complain about that as it was my fault to spend it.

DEV TEAM, please read this, although I doubt you will and see what you are doing to what was once a great game. The game board doesn't need to benefit the AI constantly, if we are playing against teams that are balanced as ours are, the challenge will be there without the cheat.

I will unfortunately be staying away from D3 products in the future, as it is obvious that the only way you can provide a challenge is to cheat customers out of money and gameplay experience.

Comments

• Sorry sir, this is only a biased perception. You don't pay attention when the game favors you, and you do when it is against you. What happens in reality, is that it is completely random.

We all do that. But it is still all about subjective perception.

I just made happen an insane cascade I have never seen the AI even dream of. Sometimes good sh!t happens. Sometimes bad sh!t happens. It is really normal.

Believe me, when I see a problem I am most vocal about it. This is not one of them. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Your opinion my friend. Everyone has their own experience. I have noticed this more lately and have kept tabs on every match I've played as I don't want to complain about something without giving it some time to look into. Even when good things do happen for me, they happen in a way that is still somehow conveniently advantageous to the AI. I don't expect everyone to agree, it's just my experience with the game.
  • Your opinion my friend. Everyone has their own experience. I have noticed this more lately and have kept tabs on every match I've played as I don't want to complain about something without giving it some time to look into. Even when good things do happen for me, they happen in a way that is still somehow conveniently advantageous to the AI. I don't expect everyone to agree, it's just my experience with the game.

That would require an amount of coding that these guys seem really unable to write, given the current huge fails in the pve event due to wrong algorithms. If they really tried hard to do that, the game would probably favor us a lot. Just my opinion anyway icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Your opinion my friend. Everyone has their own experience. I have noticed this more lately and have kept tabs on every match I've played as I don't want to complain about something without giving it some time to look into. Even when good things do happen for me, they happen in a way that is still somehow conveniently advantageous to the AI. I don't expect everyone to agree, it's just my experience with the game.

That would require an amount of coding that these guys seem really unable to write, given the current huge fails in the pve event due to wrong algorithms. If they really tried hard to do that, the game would probably favor us a lot. Just my opinion anyway icon_rolleyes.gif

it wouldn't be hard to slant the game at all.
  • Yep, the AI has way less cascades as it picks matches poorly. So left only with random ones, while you can work for them alright.

Some games indeed start with stacked board instead of random but it has nothing to do with your of enemy colors. And such board has at least 1 pick for every color normally -- and a few matches in gets shuffled up anyway.

The game gas too many problems to list but random title generation is definitely not one of them.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Your opinion my friend. Everyone has their own experience. I have noticed this more lately and have kept tabs on every match I've played as I don't want to complain about something without giving it some time to look into. Even when good things do happen for me, they happen in a way that is still somehow conveniently advantageous to the AI. I don't expect everyone to agree, it's just my experience with the game.

it wouldn't be hard to slant the game at all.

EDIT Not saying they are though just saying it wouldn't be hard wanted to clarify.
  • I love how in the current PvE there's not a single character that matches black and a LOT of the boards I see are black heavy (which the dark avengers favor).
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love how in the current PvE there's not a single character that matches black and a LOT of the boards I see are black heavy (which the dark avengers favor).
    I've never noticed anything like that in my games....seems to change from match to match..sometimes it's red heavy, sometimes blue, etc.

really, I wouldn't go too much into conspiracies. and while there certainly are some things in this games that are running the wrong way, it's hard to take the OP serious when he calles the nerfed characters 'useless'
  • While "useless" may be a tad much, my point remains. I've seen the game boards favor the AI much more since the change in cost for booster packs. And very conveniently, when I use even one booster in the game, the board seems to level out a bit. Again, it's just my opinion, but that's what I'm seeing. Apologies on the "useless" comment, I still use Thor quite a bit. But to discount everything I say because of one word is somewhat of an oversight as well.
  • Spencer75
    Options

It's not his opinion, you couldn't be more wrong.

You have very selective memory and a complete lack of awareness of your own cognitive biases
  • Spencer75
    Options
    I love how in the current PvE there's not a single character that matches black and a LOT of the boards I see are black heavy (which the dark avengers favor).

Get some hard data as opposed to your highly unreliable anecdotal memory
  • Hey thanks for providing absolutely nothing to the conversation Spence, stay classy buddy.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    The AI doesn't even take match 5's in the T formation when they're presented, it takes them as a match 4
  • I challenged IceIX to look at how much I have spent in the game since mid October for proof on how they are killing the game, I was probably in top 10% of spenders and had no qualms about spending money in a game I loved... The decisions over the last 30 days have angered me so much I am done and will tell everyone I know to avoid this game.

It's not the nerfs, I understand them, it's not the charging of ISO to boosts, again I can see why they need it. It's doing all this while at the same time increasing the difficulty of the game to the point where you have to pay to get anywhere in the game...This arrogance or incompetence if you believe that they didn't do it on purpose is what will kill this game...

They lost a whale in me, and they are going to be hard pressed to find many more whales with their **** decisions...

Again IceIX, look up how much I spent to see how you have killed a loyal customer, someone who has spent money as late as 2 weeks ago.....before you guys took an idiot pill and took a shotgun to this game...
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    While "useless" may be a tad much, my point remains. I've seen the game boards favor the AI much more since the change in cost for booster packs. And very conveniently, when I use even one booster in the game, the board seems to level out a bit. Again, it's just my opinion, but that's what I'm seeing. Apologies on the "useless" comment, I still use Thor quite a bit. But to discount everything I say because of one word is somewhat of an oversight as well.

no a single word doesn't do that, but it shows your hyperbole. I didn't discount what you said, due to that, but it made me abit more sceptical. I've played quite a few games since the patch and I've never seen anything like the board favouring the AI. in fact, I just had a match with spidy in my team, and the board was literally filled with blue, the very first match was a 5-match...
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Spencer75 wrote:
    The AI doesn't even take match 5's in the T formation when they're presented, it takes them as a match 4
    This. Also true with L corner formations. Which means that given an advantageous move, the AI will not actually use it! (The only Match 5 the AI takes is a straight line of 5)

You also make the first move, so if the board has good moves (Match 4 or 5), you're the one who is advantaged.
  • You can have a wee run of bad luck where the boards go against you, and it can feel like the game is deliberately stacked against you, even though it's not. So I know where the OP is coming from, even if I don't think or agree it's the case, more simply just a case of the randomness of the game causing a poor run now and again.

But let's keep it friendly (or civil, at least!). We're all in this together! icon_e_wink.gif
  • No I think they know what's just above the gems on the screen. The cascades were already there, the game just has unfair knowledge of supposedly "random" events. That's why something great always drops for them and not real players.
  • People have been insisting the AI must be taking advantage of the fact it "knows" what's about to fall onto the board or otherwise cheating since the first Puzzle Quest. They've never been able to evidence their claims, and no amount of denial from developers will convince them they're mistaken. I don't remember which one, but in one of the PQ sequels/spinoffs they actually said they experimented with cheating in the player's favor by forcing random AI cascades to cut off at a predetermined point to stop people thinking it was cheating.

Bejeweled Endless mode cheats. It doesn't let you run out of matches.

When I get random cascades out of nowhere, it's a reflection of my superior skill. Can't speak for the rest of you.
  • In the pvp I've seen the CPU clear HALF THE BOARD in one shot on more than one occasion, and almost all of what they cleared fell from above the initial board. I've never gotten close to such a cascade. They know what's up there.