Speed objectives

The speed objective are extremely difficult (by far the most difficult in my opinion) for several reasons. If you take for example Chapter 3 part 1 Nantuko Husk, you have to within 7 or less rounds.

First, you start to play at round 2/7, missing then the first round for some reson (a bug i guess). You can only play 6 rounds then.

The first round, you can only play creature that will not be able to attack (i don't have any Haste creatue except the red 2/2 elemental, not that great). So basically, you have to deal 114 in 5 effective round, so an average of 22.8 damage per round.

To achieve this, you need not only a killer hand (the best creature on your deck), but you need to start with the best board ever (basically you need to be able to cast you complete hand on the first round).

I'm trying with Gideon, which can boost his creature nicely. However, his champion ability give also berserker, which loose a a turn each time the IA summon a creature.

So... Anyone succeeded this one ? If yes, any tips ?

Comments

• Anyone have any advice for this? I've gotten nearly every objective except for the speed ones. I can't even get close to achieving these.
  • I beat the one you are talking about. nantuko husk where the opponent starts out with 114 life. I have a maxed out nissa and kept doing it over and over until I finally got an awesome starting hand and board with multiple match fives. A couple big creatures and some pumps finished it with no rounds to spare. Basically luck. The two beyond that I can even come close to beating. I'm having trouble with the lose creatures objectives.
  • gallichant wrote:
    I'm having trouble with the lose creatures objectives.

Proabably because they are currently broken. You need to kill enemy creatures, not lose your own.
  • I also am only missing the speed objectives from the three highest chapters, panda ear said that you effectively need two mythics that I don't have so I'm waiting to get them.
  • Link to the other thread discussing this: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=37501

Basically, summon Thopters every turn and buff with Angel's Tomb is the proposed method in that thread.
  • blaveMPQ wrote:
    gallichant wrote:
    I'm having trouble with the lose creatures objectives.

Proabably because they are currently broken. You need to kill enemy creatures, not lose your own.

Thanks Blave. Been able to start working my way through those now. Kept wondering why it only registered some of my creatures deaths.

On a side note these kill x creatures objectives suck when they only have like two creatures. I spend most of my effort waiting and trying to accidentally kill them. A couple extra small creatures would go a long way to keep the objecting from being just boring.
  • Gallichant I think it's on purpose so it's not too easy...
    Some of them are downright very difficult. I remember trying at least 10 times the fairie miscreant one... Took me forever to get the number right.
  • I've also been stuck on a bunch of the speed objectives. The Nantuko Husk one is simply ridiculous icon_redface.gif
  • gallichant wrote:
    On a side note these kill x creatures objectives suck when they only have like two creatures. I spend most of my effort waiting and trying to accidentally kill them.
    That's the fun of it icon_e_smile.gif You need to play black or red, really, and keep your hand full of kill spells while pecking them down with a smallish creature of your own. Do be prepared to kill your own creature when you need to.

I imagine white might be able to do it too, with cunning use of Gideon's "gain vigilance" ability. But you'd need to be much more cautious about casting creatures because you can't kill/neutralise your own creatures in white. White is definitely the best for the "Win after taking 100 damage" objectives: beat them down with a medium-size lifelink creature and gain 5 life per turn while you let yourself take 6 damage per turn. Easy enough.

I agree the speed objectives are completely ridiculous though. I'm not a fan of achievements where you just need to get spectacularly lucky.
  • The speed objectives are now impossible with the removal of the one combo that could do them.

They are also still bugged to start at turn 2
  • pandabear wrote:
    The speed objectives are now impossible with the removal of the one combo that could do them.

I'm hoping the Speed turn-2 bug is one of the "not listed" bugs being fixed per LakeStone's pre-release posts.

Edit:
    With a few efficient creatures and Nissa's second ability, I've been able to complete the Speed objectives up to Nantuko Husk (1 Attack less/fewer and I would not have gotten it; several hours spent). I just acquired Reclaim and I think that might be a means to completing the Sentinel of the Eternal Watch and Meteorite, but we'll see.
  • kore wrote:
    pandabear wrote:
    The speed objectives are now impossible with the removal of the one combo that could do them.

I'm hoping the Speed turn-2 bug is one of the "not listed" bugs being fixed per LakeStone's pre-release posts.

Edit:
    With a few efficient creatures and Nissa's second ability, I've been able to complete the Speed objectives up to Nantuko Husk (1 Attack less/fewer and I would not have gotten it; several hours spent). I just acquired Reclaim and I think that might be a means to completing the Sentinel of the Eternal Watch and Meteorite, but we'll see.

I just beat my two remaining speed objectives from the original release with nissa. (Sentinel and meterorite) i just did them over and over until everything lined up. I quit if my hand sucked or the board didnt give a least 6 to start. Since i had to win fast i didnt bother healing. Just kept starting with 9 life. Took about twenty tries each. Outland colossus, Jorga invocation, gilt-leaf daen were the work horses along with Nissa's second ability.
  • The bug is fixed, btw.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    If anyone still wants tips for the speed challenges, I finished mine using the following creatures:

Iroas's Champion
    Embermaw Hellion
    Volcanic Rambler

That's 30 damage a turn once all are summoned out. The following cards help deal more damage:
    Fiery Bloodlust (especially if you can trigger haste)
    Titan's Strength (on Iroas for +6 damage) // BFZ Sure Strike is strictly superior for the challenge, cheaper and getting First Strike means your creature won't die
    Exquisite Firecraft (Iroas with Embermaw out deals 14 damage to the opponent. Use this and any other burn spells you have to clear the way for your champion.)

Rest of my deck IIRC was:
    Fiery Impulse (I don't have Ravaging Blaze yet, use that instead)
    Act of Treason // BFZ Turn Against is again strictly better, cheaper and no Defender/Reach exclusions
    Keeper of Keral Keep
    Demolish (you can probably sub this out for something else )

Plan is to bank on your first ability and Rambler to get more cascades to summon everything out quickly. The coming patch will help as the first ability will be reduced to cost 3 only.

Just keep trying till you're lucky with cascades I guess.

*edit*
    BFZ brought its share of good cards for speed objectives. I've added them in above.