2 Characters, Same Tile Damage. Who Makes the Move?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been wondering this for a while and couldn't find anything through the search bar. For example, a maxed 3* Wolverine does 60 tile damage for red and 67 tile damage for green. A maxed 3* Hulk also does 60 tile damage for red and 67 tile damage for green. Who would have their symbol on the tile if both do the same amount of damage? This is just an example I found from these two characters, but many other characters have the same problem. It's pretty crucial since a lot of people plan on having a team with support and tanks, but it sometimes won't work out if they found out too late that their support will be taking most of the damage and not their tanks. I plan on upgrading my team with some of the HP I have, but don't want to spend any before I find out that my team won't work out as planned. Any help?

Comments

• From what I understand (and could be wrong) it has to do with their order in the fight picture. The person in the middle wins ties vs people on the sides and I think left wins ties over right.
  • From what I understand (and could be wrong) it has to do with their order in the fight picture. The person in the middle wins ties vs people on the sides and I think left wins ties over right.

So the character in the middle is the one who breaks the tie? That's interesting, I need to try this out myself. Thanks.
  • If they're exactly equal, the order for tiebreaker is middle > left > right on their position on your party.

Note that the match number is rounded to the nearest one, so if they're not the same level, it's possible two characters may appear to have the same strength, but one is actually higher. In that case the position on the team wouldn't matter.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. The character with the higher tile damage
    2. Their position in the selection screen.

Now while 1 seems to beg the question, tile damage is actually normally not a whole number and is rounded. As a result where two characters are shown doing 50 damage one may be doing 50.2 and the other 50.4.

You can see this behaviour because not all the damage you do with tile matches is divisible by 3. So there are obvious fractions and rounding in play.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    1. The character with the higher tile damage
    2. Their position in the selection screen.

Now while 1 seems to beg the question, tile damage is actually normally not a whole number and is rounded. As a result where two characters are shown doing 50 damage one may be doing 50.2 and the other 50.4.

You can see this behaviour because not all the damage you do with tile matches is divisible by 3. So there are obvious fractions and rounding in play.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. So what would be a good way to see who has the higher tile damage between two characters, if what you said actually happened? I looking at Wolverines and Hulk tile damage on the wiki and both red and green are consistent with each other on every level, so I guess it's safe to assume one doesn't have 0.2 higher tile damage over the other?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe we figured earlier with environmental tiles that there can be a decimal that is rounded. So its possible that two characters show the same score but do not in fact have the exact same stat. Though I could be totally wrong and this doesn't apply to colors.
  • If two characters are the same rarity and have the same tile strength at max level, that means they use the same formula for tile strength so in this case you can be sure when they're equal level they're tied, and if one is higher level by even one, that person will always match it even if the strength appears to be the same.

For anything else, you literally have no idea since the formula obviously isn't the same across rarity.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    Get them at the same level (didn't have to be maxed) and run an experiment, let us know the results!
  • Spencer75 wrote:
    Get them at the same level (didn't have to be maxed) and run an experiment, let us know the results!

I used my level 6 Bullseye and level 6 Moonstone, both had 6 damage in purple. I found out that the character put in the middle actually is the person who makes the matches for the color. They were both just level 6 though, but Bullseye only goes up to 69 rather than 85 like Moonstone. I need to do more testing, but I don't have any more characters near the same level with both matching colors.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Spencer75 wrote:

I used my level 6 Bullseye and level 6 Moonstone, both had 6 damage in purple. I found out that the character put in the middle actually is the person who makes the matches for the color. They were both just level 6 though, but Bullseye only goes up to 69 rather than 85 like Moonstone. I need to do more testing, but I don't have any more characters near the same level with both matching colors.

Found the same with 3 maxed ** characters: Wolverine, Storm, Ares. They all do their most damage with green (50), and will each tank that colour depending on their position. Middle > Left > Right.
  • StoneWolf wrote:
    Found the same with 3 maxed ** characters: Wolverine, Storm, Ares. They all do their most damage with green (50), and will each tank that colour depending on their position. Middle > Left > Right.

Thanks for confirming that. I could at least set up my future teams better by not maxing them all the way so that another character has the higher color damage, but I'll see how that turns out.