I want a 3* Juggernaut

Options
Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
Juggernaut was always one of my favorite characters. While it is cool to use him when he gets his big buff in that PvP event, I wish there was a more powerful version that could see more action. For me a 3* version would be the best route, as it would mean I'd eventually be able to play with him. Even though that means he'd be outclassed by 4 and 5*s, I'd much rather that be the case than have him being yet another character it will take a couple years (at least) before I'd be able to collect enough covers to make him worth using.
And at three stars maybe they could even remove the self damage from his red ability. That never made much sense to me anyway. He's the Juggernaut damn it! Since when did crashing into things hurt him?

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    sorry, dude, not going to happen what with 4 stars are taking over and the game developers will try to milk up your wallet as much money as possible
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I always liked the following spec, from the old spec thread. Sadly, I don't think they'll put any more 2 or 3* into the game (but I said the same thing about 1*, so you never know.)
    As for my idea, I've been thinking about how a star.pngstar.pngstar.png Juggernaut would work, keeping his colors ( redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png ) and high health while spicing up the way he plows through the board, also trying to distance himself from existing redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png characters like Hulk, Punisher and Gamora.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngJuggernaut (Modern)
    Cover: Uncanny X-Men (2003) #416
    Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_416.jpg

Lv. 166 damage would be: 13 yellowtile.png, 70 redtile.png, 11 bluetile.png, 12 purpletile.png, 79 greentile.png, 61 blacktile.png
    Lv. 166 health: 11475 (Actually less than a Lv. 166 star.png Juggernaut, because Classic Juggs has an astonishing amount of health realtive to everyone else his level.)

greenflag.png Building Momentum: 9 greentile.png
    Juggernaut begins a massive charge, preparing for a destructive attack. Replaces two basic tiles on the board [player's choice] with 3-turn greentile.png countdown tiles that each replace two random basic colored tiles on the board with basic redtile.png tiles.
    Level 2: Both effects [placing the countdown tile and the countdown tiles themselves] can also replace protect tiles. Each countdown tile now adds three basic redtile.png tiles.
    Level 3: Both effects can also replace strike tiles. Each countdown tile now adds four basic redtile.png tiles.
    Level 4: Both effects can also replace attack and team-up tiles. Each countdown tile now adds five basic redtile.png tiles.
    Level 5: Both effects can also replace countdown tiles. Reduces the countdown timers on both countdown tiles by 1.

redflag.png Do You Know Who I Am?: 14 redtile.png
    In an egotistical rage, Juggernaut plows through the battlefield, asserting his dominance in the fight. Juggernaut destroys all basic tiles on the board bearing his symbol, dealing 14 damage for each tile he destroys but not generating AP.
    Level 2: 20 damage for each tile destroyed.
    Level 3: 26 damage for each tile destroyed. Juggernaut now destroys enemy protect tiles that would bear his symbol.
    Level 4: 32 damage for each tile destroyed. Juggernaut now destroys enemy strike tiles that would bear his symbol.
    Level 5: 36 damage for each tile destroyed. Juggernaut now destroys enemy attack tiles that would bear his symbol.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 151 damage for each tile (basic and enemy protect) destroyed.
    Level 4: Deals 194 damage for each tile (basic and enemy protect/strike) destroyed.
    Level 5: Deals 220 damage for each tile (basic and enemy attack/protect/strike) destroyed.

blackflag.png Hardened Armor: Passive blacktile.png
    Cain Marko's helmet gives even the most poweful blows a painful reaction. When damaged for over 5% of his health, Juggernaut's armor causes 141 damage on the opponent who injured him.
    Level 2: 157 damage to the opponent.
    Level 3: 164 damage to the opponent.
    Level 4: 178 damage to the opponent.
    Level 5: 194 damage to the opponent.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: 1042 damage to the opponent.
    Level 4: 1208 damage to the opponent.
    Level 5: 1456 damage to the opponent.

Some of the damage values may need tweaking, but he could fill a role similar to Hulk by going through the board, but also act as an effective (but slow) redtile.png battery, and the CStorm-esque retaliation damage means even a powerful team who can inflict great damage to Juggernaut must be wary of the incoming damage. Hopefully he's a solid tank/board-shaker/damage dealer without extending into insta-win territory like former versions of Ragnarok/Spider-Man.