Deck strength should be tied to PW level

Options
The way the game is set up now, 'PVP' battles are skewed heavily toward players with strong decks and low level PWs. It seems like the ability to have more control over you deck and add powerful cards should increase with the PW's level. This is already done to some extent by increasing the number of cards of a certain type that you can have as the PW levels up. But there is nothing to keep a level 1 PW from fielding a deck with all heroic and mythic cards. I'm suggesting a system where a deck is given a strength value based on the rarity of the cards in the deck (i.e. common=0, uncommon=1, rare=4 mythic = 8). The maximum strength rating for their deck could then be equal to the PW's level.

For example, my current Chandra deck has 2 commons, 7 uncommons and 1 rare. This would have a deck strength of 11, so Chandra would need to be level 11 to play that deck. My Liliana deck has 2 commons, 5 uncommons, 2 rare and 1 mythic. She would need to be level 21 to play the deck.

It just seems like a system like this would create more balanced matches in 'PVP'.

Comments

• Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Kdrieu wrote:
    The way the game is set up now, 'PVP' battles are skewed heavily toward players with strong decks and low level PWs. It seems like the ability to have more control over you deck and add powerful cards should increase with the PW's level. This is already done to some extent by increasing the number of cards of a certain type that you can have as the PW levels up. But there is nothing to keep a level 1 PW from fielding a deck with all heroic and mythic cards. I'm suggesting a system where a deck is given a strength value based on the rarity of the cards in the deck (i.e. common=0, uncommon=1, rare=4 mythic = 8). The maximum strength rating for their deck could then be equal to the PW's level.

For example, my current Chandra deck has 2 commons, 7 uncommons and 1 rare. This would have a deck strength of 11, so Chandra would need to be level 11 to play that deck. My Liliana deck has 2 commons, 5 uncommons, 2 rare and 1 mythic. She would need to be level 21 to play the deck.

It just seems like a system like this would create more balanced matches in 'PVP'.

PvP matchmaking should take into account PW level, deck strength and match win %. Limiting the number of rare/mythic cards would add a weird dynamic to deckbuilding and the different decks would not benefit equally. Most mythics are garbage tier anyways, and the rares and mythics in each color vary a lot in strength.

Either way, it's absolutely absurd that the majority of the games I play with my tier 1 level 8 Gideon deck is against Nissa's with the starter creatures. However, it's also absurd that there's hardly any benefit to PvP right now so who the f cares.
  • I actually 100% agree that they should've limited cards somehow.

Many similar deckbuilding games do something where each card has "power points" and the max power points in a deck is determined by the level.

Even though this would mean my preferred method of farming won't be as good, I fully think this is a good idea.

The problem is, I don't think it is a good idea -now-. They should've done it when this was launched. If they implement it now, it would be really buggy and hard to calculate what is worth what, and suddenly caterpillar becomes a good filler or something rofl.

I also can't think up a good way that is "fair" for power points.