Max health vs MTG Infinite health

I have noticed if you start a game with full health and you are able to gain health you cannot go past max health. One of the greatest things about MTG is the ability to have large amounts of life gain. Now if it a feature of these Puzzle Quest games to have a max health then I will deal with it but as a MTG card player I will miss the ability to go above and beyond starting health.

Comments

• Maybe this is to prevent unwinnable matches where both players keep gaining more life that they lose? One time in real MtG I had an awkward draft match where my opponent and I both had lifelink decks and by the end of the match we both had well over 100 HP. (I don't remember who won, but the win condition basically became "whoever mills themselves first loses." Since you can't mill in puzzle quest, this could cause an unwinnable match.)
  • I imagine this was a simplistic implementation so that they wouldn't have to deal with health being larger than your player max, which could be be carried over into your next match.

Yes, all this would take is checking at the end of the game if your health is greater than your max Player health, resetting it. But, let's be honest, much of this game feels like it was a tad rushed. Preventing values larger than the player max was probably a design choice that was made as to prevent any potential bugs creeping up that might have made certain super-players unstoppable because after 100 games they'd have 2,500 health.

My hope/hunch is that this can be updated in a newer version when they have time to simply work on polish for an update or two.