**** Unknown (coming soon) **** (Spider-Man Back In Black)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I originally thought this would be black suit Spider-Man, but none of the skill colors are black... so maybe that whole black/blue thing was more of a reference to out of nowhere. It could still be a Spider-Man character because of the recent trends in releases though. Who knows. If it weren't for them saying no more X-Men for a while, I would've agreed with Nightcrawler, although he is more of a red or black instead of green user.
    Doom lacks green. Outfit does not dictate power color.

Butttttt Doom is known to wear purple underwear, so there's that
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doom lacks green. Outfit does not dictate power color.

Butttttt Doom is known to wear purple underwear, so there's that
    I hate you so much right now.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    cloak___n_dagger_by_durandus-d3duhmt.png

This would be cool, to say the least.

Are Cloak & Dagger anyway related to Miles Morales (i've seen some pictures with the trio) ? I am not familiar with them, but if they can relate with Miles, then the hint would make sense... from Miles to them.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Cloan and dagger or nightcrawler would be the best thing evaaaaar!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Someone mentioned Spider-Gwen has a black costume on the prior page. I haven't read any of her comics. Is she now a major Marvel property? Would the description really fit her, and the color of the skills and their descriptions? I had been thinking black suit Spider-Man because that is what I remember growing up, but I know MPQ likes to stick with more recent heroes generally, so maybe Spider-Gwen could work. Although the pictures I found online of her are black and white, so the color scheme doesn't really look like it fits. She also has a bit of red/purple color on her arms and blue feet from what I saw.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    Someone mentioned Spider-Gwen has a black costume on the prior page. I haven't read any of her comics. Is she now a major Marvel property? Would the description really fit her, and the color of the skills and their descriptions? I had been thinking black suit Spider-Man because that is what I remember growing up, but I know MPQ likes to stick with more recent heroes generally, so maybe Spider-Gwen could work. Although the pictures I found online of her are black and white, so the color scheme doesn't really look like it fits. She also has a bit of red/purple color on her arms and blue feet from what I saw.

I'm thinking that this is Probably Spider-Gwen, if not we will probably see her in the near future.

Nova? doesn't really sound like him either, but he is due to make an appearance as well
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    This could be a LONG shot but... this couldnt be Black Cat?

I mean, purpleflag.png often skills means nimbleness and stealthiness, aditionally, this pink passive steall power from the enemy titles (black cat is a thief) and you are invisible while your oponent is stunned, Nightcrawles you *puff* whereever he wants, he doesnt need to distract his oponent to turn invisible.

I have no answer for the other 2 abilitys, but honestly... i would like this to be Black Cat XD
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:

Yes, but is she somehow invisible? And does she deserve to be more powerful than Peter Parker (3*) ? I don't know what to say. I think we have enough "spiders" for now icon_e_biggrin.gif (just my opinion). I won't mind her, but it just don't feel like her. I think it has to be someone invisible, or like somebody else said, stealthy... not so many characters to fill that profile.

I am hoping for Nightcrawler or Cloak & Dagger, but I won't mind anyone if it's a new character (not a new spider version, hulk version, wolverine version, etc).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Yes, but is she somehow invisible? And does she deserve to be more powerful than Peter Parker (3*) ?

Does any of the characters deserve to be more powerful than Peter? 95% of the characters are better than him in MPQ. Sadly he's not even the a T10 Support-only character.
  • Maybe it's Black cat?

She stuns and sneaks and has bad luck for those that cross her...

might fit.

also we have't had a proper new baddie in a while, like a classic baddie.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    hattarboy wrote:
    Maybe it's Black cat?

She stuns and sneaks and has bad luck for those that cross her...

might fit.

also we have't had a proper new baddie in a while, like a classic baddie.
    it fits, but she seems kind of minor to be a 4*

plus, hasn't she reformed now?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it has been long established that star rankings are no indication of a character's power and skill level as in the comics. You're gonna tell me Miles is definitely stronger than Peter? Dr Doom is weaker than Mr Fantastic? Is Thorrina unequivocally stronger than 2* or 3* Thor? Is Capt Sam undoubtedly stronger than Capt Steve? In the comics, I'm sure Iron Man could blast Kingpin to smithereens at full power. So shouldnt IM35 be 4* and Kingpin be 1* then? Scarlet Witch has proven to be one of the most powerful mutants in Marvel-616. Ditto Sentry. Are they really two levels below Phoenix?

I could go on for literally every character. You get the point.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    I thought it has been long established that star rankings are no indication of a character's power and skill level as in the comics. You're gonna tell me Miles is definitely stronger than Peter? Dr Doom is weaker than Mr Fantastic? Is Thorrina unequivocally stronger than 2* or 3* Thor? Is Capt Sam undoubtedly stronger than Capt Steve? In the comics, I'm sure Iron Man could blast Kingpin to smithereens at full power. So shouldnt IM35 be 4* and Kingpin be 1* then? Scarlet Witch has proven to be one of the most powerful mutants in Marvel-616. Ditto Sentry. Are they really two levels below Phoenix?

i agree, and I wasn't really talking about power. I was literally talking about how popular she is/isn't.
  • chamber44 wrote:
    i agree, and I wasn't really talking about power. I was literally talking about how popular she is/isn't.

I don't think even this is a factor. D3 has essentially confirmed that there will be no new 3 stars. So if there's gonna be a new character, it's gonna be a 4 star or 5 star. If they release Bob Smith (IT at the Bugle), he's gonna be a 4 star,
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    teknofyl wrote:
    If they release Bob Smith (IT at the Bugle), he's gonna be a 4 star,

Is Bob Smith of the Bugle the same person as Bob, Agent of Hydra? Because I say 5 star.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    What about Silk or Spider-Gwen? Thoughts on whether they make sense with this power set?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    chamber44 wrote:

I wasnt directing that at you haha. More for in general
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well since other marvel games are getting similar characters and marvels having a new 52 moment,

Silk, Miles(in), Gwen are going to be guesses at minimum.

A lot of characters are getting redesigns and we've got 4 already (x-23 as wolverine, old man logan, falcap, horrible hulk)

Hmm, nova, dr strange, billy from the young avengers, she hulk, nico, singularity, all getting featured.

Nico and Singularity wear black/blue (well singularity wears nothing)
    Gwen's costume is half black, so is Silks
    Dare devil has an all black costume now
    Even antmans getting a different story doubt we'd get another 4 star antman

Of all of these dare devil goes insvisible, doubt its him.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    If you assume invisibility to be hiding in and attacking from the shadows, and frequently portrayed as having either a blue or black uniform, then there is only one answer

BATMAN CONFIRMED
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    cloak___n_dagger_by_durandus-d3duhmt.png

This would be cool, to say the least.

Are Cloak & Dagger anyway related to Miles Morales (i've seen some pictures with the trio) ? I am not familiar with them, but if they can relate with Miles, then the hint would make sense... from Miles to them.

Yes, in the Ultimate universe, C&D meet up with Miles and form...something so they can take down...someone. I kinda lost the thread towards the end of the run before SECRET WARS III. Anyway, if I were D3 and coming up with obvious hints, I would probably say "out of the black and into the light" for cloak and dagger, not "out of the blue and into the black."

I like the GotG Kitty Pride guess. We're in the fan service/comic book promotion part of the release cycle until the run-up to Civil War, so that would be one stone and two dead birds. I would be happy with any Spidey-related character that is also a woman, but the hint and power set don't match up. Silk and Spider-Gwen are both fun characters, not to mention Spider-Woman.

Also, Black Cat has not reformed. She's extra evil now.
This discussion has been closed.