**** Unknown (coming soon) **** (Spider-Man Back In Black)

Comments

• KolenceKolence Posts: 800 Critical Contributor
    ErikPeter wrote:
    C'mon guys, it's obviously Nightcrawler, he wears a black suit and he pops out of the blue to gank people.

I'm not too worried about cover overlap. All of these things are good. 14 AP is an tinykittyload but 10K+ and turn invisible for 2 turns, sign me up.. And if you're rocking a maxed JG Bamf! or whatever they call his blue is probably going to be good damage for only 6AP. With the setup required it'll be a lot more than Miles's sting. So, 5K at max? Maybe more (If anything you can save up 12+ and use it like Jab, Jab, Cross.) Not a bad way to spend your blue after the enemy triggers Psychic Feedback.

But the stun on green is random, so you can stun the target and KO it right after meaning no stunned enemy and no invisibility.
  • Punisher5784Punisher5784 Posts: 3,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I originally thought this would be black suit Spider-Man, but none of the skill colors are black... so maybe that whole black/blue thing was more of a reference to out of nowhere. It could still be a Spider-Man character because of the recent trends in releases though. Who knows. If it weren't for them saying no more X-Men for a while, I would've agreed with Nightcrawler, although he is more of a red or black instead of green user.
    Doom lacks green. Outfit does not dictate power color.

Butttttt Doom is known to wear purple underwear, so there's that
  • OnesOwnGriefOnesOwnGrief Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doom lacks green. Outfit does not dictate power color.

Butttttt Doom is known to wear purple underwear, so there's that
    I hate you so much right now.
  • D4Ni13D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    cloak___n_dagger_by_durandus-d3duhmt.png

This would be cool, to say the least.

Are Cloak & Dagger anyway related to Miles Morales (i've seen some pictures with the trio) ? I am not familiar with them, but if they can relate with Miles, then the hint would make sense... from Miles to them.
  • TilesmasherTilesmasher Age Unconfirmed Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Cloan and dagger or nightcrawler would be the best thing evaaaaar!
  • notamutantnotamutant Age Unconfirmed Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Someone mentioned Spider-Gwen has a black costume on the prior page. I haven't read any of her comics. Is she now a major Marvel property? Would the description really fit her, and the color of the skills and their descriptions? I had been thinking black suit Spider-Man because that is what I remember growing up, but I know MPQ likes to stick with more recent heroes generally, so maybe Spider-Gwen could work. Although the pictures I found online of her are black and white, so the color scheme doesn't really look like it fits. She also has a bit of red/purple color on her arms and blue feet from what I saw.
  • evade420evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    Someone mentioned Spider-Gwen has a black costume on the prior page. I haven't read any of her comics. Is she now a major Marvel property? Would the description really fit her, and the color of the skills and their descriptions? I had been thinking black suit Spider-Man because that is what I remember growing up, but I know MPQ likes to stick with more recent heroes generally, so maybe Spider-Gwen could work. Although the pictures I found online of her are black and white, so the color scheme doesn't really look like it fits. She also has a bit of red/purple color on her arms and blue feet from what I saw.

I'm thinking that this is Probably Spider-Gwen, if not we will probably see her in the near future.

Nova? doesn't really sound like him either, but he is due to make an appearance as well
  • ArcanaMoonArcanaMoon Age Unconfirmed Posts: 72 Match Maker
    This could be a LONG shot but... this couldnt be Black Cat?

I mean, purpleflag.png often skills means nimbleness and stealthiness, aditionally, this pink passive steall power from the enemy titles (black cat is a thief) and you are invisible while your oponent is stunned, Nightcrawles you *puff* whereever he wants, he doesnt need to distract his oponent to turn invisible.

I have no answer for the other 2 abilitys, but honestly... i would like this to be Black Cat XD
  • D4Ni13D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:

Yes, but is she somehow invisible? And does she deserve to be more powerful than Peter Parker (3*) ? I don't know what to say. I think we have enough "spiders" for now icon_e_biggrin.gif (just my opinion). I won't mind her, but it just don't feel like her. I think it has to be someone invisible, or like somebody else said, stealthy... not so many characters to fill that profile.

I am hoping for Nightcrawler or Cloak & Dagger, but I won't mind anyone if it's a new character (not a new spider version, hulk version, wolverine version, etc).
  • Punisher5784Punisher5784 Posts: 3,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Yes, but is she somehow invisible? And does she deserve to be more powerful than Peter Parker (3*) ?

Does any of the characters deserve to be more powerful than Peter? 95% of the characters are better than him in MPQ. Sadly he's not even the a T10 Support-only character.
  • Maybe it's Black cat?

She stuns and sneaks and has bad luck for those that cross her...

might fit.

also we have't had a proper new baddie in a while, like a classic baddie.
  • chamber44chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    hattarboy wrote:
    Maybe it's Black cat?

She stuns and sneaks and has bad luck for those that cross her...

might fit.

also we have't had a proper new baddie in a while, like a classic baddie.
    it fits, but she seems kind of minor to be a 4*

plus, hasn't she reformed now?
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 849 Critical Contributor
    I thought it has been long established that star rankings are no indication of a character's power and skill level as in the comics. You're gonna tell me Miles is definitely stronger than Peter? Dr Doom is weaker than Mr Fantastic? Is Thorrina unequivocally stronger than 2* or 3* Thor? Is Capt Sam undoubtedly stronger than Capt Steve? In the comics, I'm sure Iron Man could blast Kingpin to smithereens at full power. So shouldnt IM35 be 4* and Kingpin be 1* then? Scarlet Witch has proven to be one of the most powerful mutants in Marvel-616. Ditto Sentry. Are they really two levels below Phoenix?

I could go on for literally every character. You get the point.
  • chamber44chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    I thought it has been long established that star rankings are no indication of a character's power and skill level as in the comics. You're gonna tell me Miles is definitely stronger than Peter? Dr Doom is weaker than Mr Fantastic? Is Thorrina unequivocally stronger than 2* or 3* Thor? Is Capt Sam undoubtedly stronger than Capt Steve? In the comics, I'm sure Iron Man could blast Kingpin to smithereens at full power. So shouldnt IM35 be 4* and Kingpin be 1* then? Scarlet Witch has proven to be one of the most powerful mutants in Marvel-616. Ditto Sentry. Are they really two levels below Phoenix?

i agree, and I wasn't really talking about power. I was literally talking about how popular she is/isn't.
  • chamber44 wrote:
    i agree, and I wasn't really talking about power. I was literally talking about how popular she is/isn't.

I don't think even this is a factor. D3 has essentially confirmed that there will be no new 3 stars. So if there's gonna be a new character, it's gonna be a 4 star or 5 star. If they release Bob Smith (IT at the Bugle), he's gonna be a 4 star,
  • stowawaystowaway Age Unconfirmed Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    teknofyl wrote:
    If they release Bob Smith (IT at the Bugle), he's gonna be a 4 star,

Is Bob Smith of the Bugle the same person as Bob, Agent of Hydra? Because I say 5 star.
  • ronin_sanronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    What about Silk or Spider-Gwen? Thoughts on whether they make sense with this power set?
    chamber44 wrote:

I wasnt directing that at you haha. More for in general
  • GurlBYEGurlBYE Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well since other marvel games are getting similar characters and marvels having a new 52 moment,

Silk, Miles(in), Gwen are going to be guesses at minimum.

A lot of characters are getting redesigns and we've got 4 already (x-23 as wolverine, old man logan, falcap, horrible hulk)

Hmm, nova, dr strange, billy from the young avengers, she hulk, nico, singularity, all getting featured.

Nico and Singularity wear black/blue (well singularity wears nothing)
    Gwen's costume is half black, so is Silks
    Dare devil has an all black costume now
    Even antmans getting a different story doubt we'd get another 4 star antman

Of all of these dare devil goes insvisible, doubt its him.
    If you assume invisibility to be hiding in and attacking from the shadows, and frequently portrayed as having either a blue or black uniform, then there is only one answer

BATMAN CONFIRMED
This discussion has been closed.