WISHLIST - DEC 2015

madsalad
madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
After playing the game all weekend, and participating in the forums, here are the things I would love to see added/improved in the game. Some of these are my own and some are from suggestions in the forums:

ADVANCED TUTORIAL AND FAQ:
The small tutorial was have now is great to get you acclimated with some aspects of the game but there are many other items that are not covered in the tutorial that could/should be. For instance, why character with certain traits change the order of priority of creatures. Or maybe talk a little bit more about some of the basic traits. (I don't remember anything about Deathtouch or First Strike being mentioned). Also, show some of the basic functionality like being able to turn a card in your hand "off" so you don't get asked to (or have it automatically) play it once its cost is completed. And, on that note, a link to an FAQ about terminology in the game.

INVENTORY VS. WHAT'S AVAILABLE:
Looks, this is MTG. The first major and long lived CCG game to exist. The IRL version has 20 years of cards to collect/choose from and, thankfully, there are lists every where about those cards: which cards are in a set, which ones are rare, etc... etc... Right now, I know all the cards I own (and the cards my opponents have played) and that's it. We need an inventory system that shows us cards owned vs. available. As more and more sets come out (which, I'm going to assume that is part of your business model for more $$$) it will be harder and harder to keep track of what cards we need/want/own. So, unless I missed it, please add a section to the inventory about cards available vs. what is owned. And, it would be nice if each card actually had a number/"expansion" symbol on them to better keep track of them.

OBTAINING NEW CARDS VIA RUNES/MANA CRYSTALS (and selling off duplicates):
I've already collected myself a nice little pile of duplicate cards which don't do me any good at all. They just sit in my inventory, mocking me. The "Vault" needs: 1: the ability to sell back duplicates for x amount of runes, based on card rarity; and 2: the ability to purchase individual cards from a list of available cards (see above). This is especially true with the assumption that we will not have a way to trade cards with other players. Also, while we're talking about new cards/boosters, there should really be a list of odds somewhere that explain your chance of pulling a particular rarity from each booster, ESPECIALLY since it seems that your odds are better when buying a BIG BOX vs. buying a BOOSTER using Mana Crystals vs. a BOOSTER purchased with Runes. It would be nice to know what my chances of pulling a Mythic are.

GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS (INFORMATIONAL):
Creature types aren't listed anywhere on the cards, yet we have cards that require certain creature types to work. Cruel Revival is the perfect example: I have yet to be able to play it because I've never had a Zombie in my graveyard. Of course, I didn't know I wasn't playing with zombies.
GRAVEYARD: Speaking of Zombies in my Graveyard; why don't we have a Graveyard? We have cards that do things like "return the last spell you had cast back to your hand" or "return the last creature killed back to your hand/play area" yet we don't have a Graveyard to show what those last cards are. You can easily forget what the last "thing" was when it was played/killed off turns ago. A Graveyard would also help so you can go back an re-read a spell that you/your opponent has played. Right now when the AI plays a spell, sometimes it goes by super fast and I don't get a chance to read all of the text. If I could go back to the Graveyard and read it again, I wouldn't have to worry about speed reading.

GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS (ACTUAL PLAY):

I wish I got something for a Match-5 other than just an extra turn. I love MPQ's "critical wild card" created out of a Match-5. Not sure if that would break this game but it's a nice perk on top of the extra turn
The ability to save multiple decks per Planeswalker so you don't have to go in and tweak the one deck each time you need a different style for a different challenge/opponent, etc... (ex. more dudes with Reach when playing against a heavy flyer deck, etc...).

QUICK PLAY
How are people matched up in QuickPlay? What is the Leaderboard? How long is it between resets? What are the "ribbons/badges" for? What are the prizes for placing higher on the Leaderboard?

That's all I have for now. I can add/edit this post as more people add more things (and I know there will be plenty more). Please, fee free to respond and tell me other items to add so we can keep a lot of this stuff in one place and easy for Devs/Mods to see.

Edited: 12/16/2015 to add info about Quickplay/Leaderboard and multiple decks per PWalker.

Comments

• I'd be okay with the ability to purchase a specific card of uncommon/common rarity.

Past that, it just doesn't make sense for their business model (also for the longevity of the game) if people can buy rares/mythics.

However, I'd love to be able to see the list of uncommons/commons so that you can build a relatively solid deck out of the gate to try a new planeswalker with, instead of hoping for some random drops.
  • madsalad
    pandabear wrote:
    I'd be okay with the ability to purchase a specific card of uncommon/common rarity.

Past that, it just doesn't make sense for their business model (also for the longevity of the game) if people can buy rares/mythics.

However, I'd love to be able to see the list of uncommons/commons so that you can build a relatively solid deck out of the gate to try a new planeswalker with, instead of hoping for some random drops.

If we are looking at Hearthstone as a similar model, you can turn in duplicate cards to obtain "dust" in small amounts, and it takes large amounts or dust to get their version of a "Mythic". However, this model doesn't hold up completely as 1: you are allowed two of a card in your Hearthstone deck; and 2: "Dust" in Hearthstone is ONLY used for obtaining singular cards, and not for leveling up a character or purchasing "low rent" boosters. Hearthstone's "Gold" would be akin to MtgPQ's "Mana Crystals" in that you can buy packs with it, and enter "Events" (which I'm guessing when events come to MtgPQ, entry tickets will be worth Mana Crystals, but who knows).

And, when I say "sell singular cards for Runes" I'm talking about an OBSCENE amount of Runes for each level of commonality, as buying a particular card should ALWAYS be more expensive than taking your chances and wasting Runes on a blind booster.

How many Runes would you pay for a Mythic? Take that number and x10 it. Ha!
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Rewards and listing of rewards for pvp leaderboards. No reward other than 50 runes does not inspire me to play it.
  • madsalad
    Rewards and listing of rewards for pvp leaderboards. No reward other than 50 runes does not inspire me to play it.

Dang it, yes! I did not even cover the whole Quickplay / Leaderboard / Ribbon issue. Thanks for reminding me. I'll get that added at some point.
  • I didn't see it previously posted but the ability to save even 2-3 different decks per planes walker would be nice. That way one could make deck variations without having to switch out 2-3 cards all the time and the time saving factor of course of switching to a completely different deck without having to build it.

If there's a current way to do this I have not seen or figured it out.
  • Coppertouret
    I approve of that message. ^
  • New planeswalker "jace the mindsculptor"
    icon_twisted.gif
  • I would like to see an offline mode. It would be nice to play while server is under maintenance or o have no signal. Second a local multiplayer option to play against friends
  • When is the game going to have a viable pvp arena? It would b great to b able to chat or communicate with other players and I need some pvp events to play; it's getting old just battling bots in "pvp". I would like to see events or updates that allow me to level up my planes walkers by more than 50xp at a time. I've finished story mode and want to see an extention or even better something worth working towards. I really really like this game, I don't want to see it fall thru the cracks. It really has a lot of potential but atm it feels incomplete.
  • Hey is anyone around on this bb?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Thanks for the suggestions! (Lots of additions, improvements & fixes to come).
  • What I think is needed the most is a proper FAQ inside the game.
    Something that tells you about each creatures' abilities, how works the "activation cost" of some spells, how to turn automatic activation off and so many things that are hard to get by yourself.
    Tutorials are great but they are costly to develop and in the end the players that want to know how things work can always go see the FAQ (if it exists and is exhaustive).

Other improvements that would be great:

- Being able to select where to put the card you just drew in your hand and/or a better hand management UI

- Being able to display the card's text in full, for example replacing the art with it, when you zoom in on it and there's too much text (the scrolling is awful)

- Being able to discard a card when your hand is full (it would allow to play more conditional cards without the fear of them blocking your hand)

- Being able to order your creatures on the battlefield (with some constraints as Defenders always first…)

- Stop making 4 1/1 tokens and make 1 4/4 token instead, this is really time consuming

+ everything that has been stated above.

I really like the game, that's why I would like it to be improved ;)
  • Coppertouret
    fabest77 wrote:
    - Stop making 4 1/1 tokens and make 1 4/4 token instead, this is really time consuming

This is debatable due to the different effects that can be triggered when individual creatures enter play/reinforced.
  • I know this is debatable but I'm sure there's a way to balance all this and still not make the players wait for 4 tokens to appear, and 4 times any "enter the battlefield" effect to apply…
  • I think a simple way to speed up the animation is enough for the multi token stuff.
  • I'd like to request a seemingly minor game play tweak that I think could make the game feel slightly-more fair. Others may disagree with this, but I think it could help the feel of the game.

Basically, when a card is pulled from your deck, the next card can't be that same card. Again, some may want to debate this but even the best of decks can be hard to use when you need something new and you pull 3x of the same support or spell card in just as many draws.

This might be a rare possibility but it can an does occur and it can be rather annoying.
  • rlh wrote:
    I'd like to request a seemingly minor game play tweak that I think could make the game feel slightly-more fair. Others may disagree with this, but I think it could help the feel of the game.

Basically, when a card is pulled from your deck, the next card can't be that same card. Again, some may want to debate this but even the best of decks can be hard to use when you need something new and you pull 3x of the same support or spell card in just as many draws.

This might be a rare possibility but it can an does occur and it can be rather annoying.

I can see the merit in this, at least as a chance-altering algorithm, like in games where critical chances go up/down depending on how many you've landed recently. As it is now, with the 10-card deck, situational removal like Support destruction is really impractical to run with it taking up space in your hand, or cards that don't offer stacking effects/lower returns on stack.

The thing is, it's often actually pretty good to get the same card three times in a row if it's a cheap creature. So I wouldn't necessarily want that to be impossible. And there are definitely cards you might want multiple of at a time, like removal. But it sucks that this system devalues some cards this way.

Maybe the better solution is just to later introduce cheap multipurpose utility cards.