Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• Derethus wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Guys, it's okay not to be competetive or win in every event. It's not like it's some sort of inherited birth right.

I didn't have a good roster of Dark Avenger characters, so I couldn't compete in that event. I never had good luck with heroic or diabolical cover pulls, so I always did terrible in Lightning Rounds.

It was okay, life (and the game) went on.
    It's fine not to be competitive in every event. It's not fine to have a portion of the playerbase not playing at all.

Everyone did say they wanted time off. Here is your chance. Unless you want to start a second account. I'm using my alternate for this one.
    The only reason people wanted time off is because they don't like what's happening to this game. I would gladly play all day long if the game was like it was back during the Hulk events.
  • TheHood wrote:
    I stop reading your post at that line.
    You seriously think that is so easy to get 3-star covers?
    Oh yeah, we all have Spider-Man, C. Magneto, GSBW and IM40 at level100, we've win all of them in Thick as Thieves!
    Oh... no wait.... I've win Captain America covers...

Which is why, if you had kept reading, you would have seen me say "and that locks out a helluva lot of players" and note why that is unfortunate.
  • Derethus wrote:
    Derethus wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Guys, it's okay not to be competetive or win in every event. It's not like it's some sort of inherited birth right.

I didn't have a good roster of Dark Avenger characters, so I couldn't compete in that event. I never had good luck with heroic or diabolical cover pulls, so I always did terrible in Lightning Rounds.

It's fine not to be competitive in every event. It's not fine to have a portion of the playerbase not playing at all.

Everyone did say they wanted time off. Here is your chance. Unless you want to start a second account. I'm using my alternate for this one.
    The only reason people wanted time off is because they don't like what's happening to this game. I would gladly play all day long if the game was like it was back during the Hulk events.
    Same.
    Back during the hulk events I would happily play 3 to 4 hours a day while I was on holidays.
    Those were the days
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toxicadam wrote:

There's competition and participation.

When I had a poor roster I could join events, scrape up some of the low hanging progression rewards, earn some ISO and so on. I was t top anything, but I was getting stuff.

Even LR, I could get to 100 and bail with my ISO loot.

But this kitty of greatly diminished magnitude? Spend 10 minutes trying to grind a fight out only to run out of blue and get 1 shot. That's challenging and harsh. But then when someone waltzes by and says they were only level 10 for them and I should sell half my roster to compete...

...it makes me want to buy a cat so I can kick it.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    turul wrote:
    Can't view the pics, the site times out. But please ticket this in any case instead of slanting this thread off topic.
  • IceIX,

At this point the one thing I am taking away from this instance is that you are reading the boards and someone at D3 is listening. To settle my nerves I would just like to hear that the Heroic lvls that some of us are facing are intentional and not bugged. Personelly I started the day looking at lvl 230 baddies and they are now ~140ish after a couple of big defeats. Were these lvls intential or what? If so, I will take a break from the game this weekend and enjoy the beatiful -10ºC weather outside.
  • I thought the high lvls were intentional. Did not expect it to be scaled again. Its heroics. Its supposed to be tough. Err....why is there a defective chicken in my bracket? Damn...
  • IceIX
    Heavyd wrote:
    IceIX,

At this point the one thing I am taking away from this instance is that you are reading the boards and someone at D3 is listening. To settle my nerves I would just like to hear that the Heroic lvls that some of us are facing are intentional and not bugged. Personelly I started the day looking at lvl 230 baddies and they are now ~140ish after a couple of big defeats. Were these lvls intential or what? If so, I will take a break from the game this weekend and enjoy the beatiful -10ºC weather outside.
    Having two parallel threads that are way too big to merge on the same topic hurts for information. It's an issue.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Heavyd wrote:
    IceIX,

Having two parallel threads that are way too big to merge on the same topic hurts for information. It's an issue.

That being said why don't you lock 1 so that everything from here out is at least merged.
  • I'm faced with lv230 opponents right off the bat. With lv120 GBW and lv133 spidey + CStorm/DD I need forever to grind them down. 1 hr in and I have 250 points total. My bracket leader with a 2* and 1* weak roster already has close to 3k points in the same time period. How is this fair for players with high MMR?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Derethus wrote:
    Hey IceIX, why is the roster for this event so limited? You guys managed to lock out a significant portion of your population from playing this at all.
    It was the same way for previous Heroic events. I'm assuming it was to increase the challenge and encourage players to try new characters.
    Precisely it, and as stated it's how all our Heroics run. Heroics are designed to be more difficult than the standard versions through some harder fights and a limited character roster. We completely get that it can lock out some newer players or those that haven't developed their rosters. That's an unfortunate side effect. However, the upside to that is that every time we run a Heroic we see players heavily investing into roster breadth afterwards so that they can be effective in other events. At that point, those players tend to play more effectively in all events (PVP or PVE) past that.

My MBW is max level (40) and she doesn't stand a chance against a single flamethrower. So yeah...
  • IceIX
    That being said why don't you lock 1 so that everything from here out is at least merged.
    Oddly enough, I was *just* about to do that when I refreshed my main forum view and saw you said this. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    Oddly enough, I was *just* about to do that when I refreshed my main forum view and saw you said this. icon_e_smile.gif

Haha. Nice!
  • I have managed to win 6 missions @ lvl 230 but it's taken forever. My team is Lvl 20 DD Lvl 58 Spidey and Lvl 27 GSBW. Basically I have made Blue priority, and tried to match countdown tiles. And using BW's purple to match green countdown tiles I can't reach. And also using her green to get countdown tiles way out of reach. Also using Stun Lock when necessary. Also DD's red has come in handy as when I match trap tiles it does an additional 300+ to the enemy, so I have managed to get a few trap strings going on the board.

It has been long and painstaking, but I pulled a blue DD cover from the featured heroes token to go with my red and purple, so in this event, that's the best I can hope for I guess lol.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is the scaling factor on this based on? Is it using the exact same win/loss rating carried over from Thick as Thieves? I played the first battle against level ~168 Hammer goons and now the entire board is filled with level 230 enemies.

It can't be character level. I have 8 of the 9 allowed characters (no DD) at an average level of 61.875.

How does this even happen twice in a row? At least in Thieves I got to play for a little while before the levels went out of control.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I'm faced with lv230 opponents right off the bat. With lv120 GBW and lv133 spidey + CStorm/DD I need forever to grind them down. 1 hr in and I have 250 points total. My bracket leader with a 2* and 1* weak roster already has close to 3k points in the same time period. How is this fair for players with high MMR?

This is so right. I have a very strong 104 Spidey with 5 blue but everyone else is mediocre at best and up against 230 villains either equals destruction or 40 minutes to win via stunning them to death. This is ridiculous. Daredevil is boosted when at most ppl have 3 covers at level 21 not to mention he is basically useless against the maggie and army guys since they cant make any matches.

I am all for grinding and the set up but unless some other guys get boosted this is impossible.
  • My poor thread icon_e_sad.gif

In any event:

Just restarted the app. Still staring at level 230 villains:

xtHyEtX.jpg
    ETZsJzk.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's 5:00 on a Friday, so I guess this is going to be broken all weekend, if not all event.

Just when I got over my Thick as Thieves rage.
  • IceIX
    DayvBang wrote:
    It's 5:00 on a Friday, so I guess this is going to be broken all weekend, if not all event.

Just when I got over my Thick as Thieves rage.
    Nope, working on it. From the *third* thread on Oscorp:
    IceIX wrote:
    Think we may have identified the root cause, testing a patch. Stay tuned. Do not adjust your television set. I'd say we own the vertical and horizontal, but no one has those any more.