Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    This Heroic Mode is possible -- I'm six-for-six so far with only one character KOed, and no HP-priced boosts used -- IF you have the two 3*s leveled up and skilled up, if you astutely turned down the rather small sale offer on 2* Limpverine, and if you leveled up your Storm Classic or maybe Hawkguy.

Without trying to sound elitist, it's silly for almost anyone who doesn't fit the above to even try, and that locks out a helluva lot of players. This will, obviously, go a long way to soothe the nerves of those who were already screaming about the rich getting richer.
    I stop reading your post at that line.
    You seriously think that is so easy to get 3-star covers?
    Oh yeah, we all have Spider-Man, C. Magneto, GSBW and IM40 at level100, we've win all of them in Thick as Thieves!
    Oh... no wait.... I've win Captain America covers...
  • Event started with level 47s in the first mission, but are now showing level 10s for me. I haven't done anything in the meantime except win two fights in BTI (and successfully defend one too). I think the app has closed and reopened, but not sure.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Derethus wrote:
    Hey IceIX, why is the roster for this event so limited? You guys managed to lock out a significant portion of your population from playing this at all.

It was the same way for previous Heroic events. I'm assuming it was to increase the challenge and encourage players to try new characters.

Spidey stun lucking two whole PVE events ≠ encourage diversity
  • turul wrote:
    Spidey stun lucking two whole PVE events ≠ encourage diversity

Well, if the scaling system wasn't borked, maybe that wouldn't have been the case.

But yea, it's been a mess.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Derethus wrote:
    Hey IceIX, why is the roster for this event so limited? You guys managed to lock out a significant portion of your population from playing this at all.
    It was the same way for previous Heroic events. I'm assuming it was to increase the challenge and encourage players to try new characters.
    Precisely it, and as stated it's how all our Heroics run. Heroics are designed to be more difficult than the standard versions through some harder fights and a limited character roster. We completely get that it can lock out some newer players or those that haven't developed their rosters. That's an unfortunate side effect. However, the upside to that is that every time we run a Heroic we see players heavily investing into roster breadth afterwards so that they can be effective in other events. At that point, those players tend to play more effectively in all events (PVP or PVE) past that.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Derethus wrote:
    Precisely it, and as stated it's how all our Heroics run. Heroics are designed to be more difficult than the standard versions through some harder fights and a limited character roster. We completely get that it can lock out some newer players or those that haven't developed their rosters. That's an unfortunate side effect. However, the upside to that is that every time we run a Heroic we see players heavily investing into roster breadth afterwards so that they can be effective in other events. At that point, those players tend to play more effectively in all events (PVP or PVE) past that.

I just wish a tank would have been incorporated instead of a squish army.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Derethus wrote:

"More difficult" is not equal to "stressfully frustrating" in my book, as TaT and this heroic are.
  • IceIX wrote:
    We completely get that it can lock out some newer players or those that haven't developed their rosters.

Why are there reports that all the players leading the brackets by a thousand points or more are only running unmaxed IM35s, then?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was the same way for previous Heroic events. I'm assuming it was to increase the challenge and encourage players to try new characters.Precisely it, and as stated it's how all our Heroics run. Heroics are designed to be more difficult than the standard versions through some harder fights and a limited character roster. We completely get that it can lock out some older players or those that had developed their rosters. That's an unfortunate side effect. However, the upside to that is that every time we run a Heroic we see players heavily investing into roster breadth afterwards so that they can be effective in other events. At that point, those players tend to play more effectively in all events (PVP or PVE) past that.

fixed!
  • IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Derethus wrote:

I understand what you said and I agree with the challenge, although 230s out the gate are a little much in my opinion. But its all kind of lost meaning to me when I realized the bold section just means spent HP for roster slots/covers so they could be ready in the future.
  • wathombe wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    We completely get that it can lock out some newer players or those that haven't developed their rosters.

Why are there reports that all the players leading the brackets by a thousand points or more are only running unmaxed IM35s, then?

Agreed, they can't possibly be so oblivious to realize that they are actually locking out there most devoted player base
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    turul wrote:
    It was the same way for previous Heroic events. I'm assuming it was to increase the challenge and encourage players to try new characters.Precisely it, and as stated it's how all our Heroics run. Heroics are designed to be more difficult than the standard versions through some harder fights and a limited character roster. We completely get that it can lock out some older players or those that had developed their rosters. That's an unfortunate side effect. However, the upside to that is that every time we run a Heroic we see players heavily investing into roster breadth afterwards so that they can be effective in other events. At that point, those players tend to play more effectively in all events (PVP or PVE) past that.

fixed!

EXACTLY!!! So this tourney is strictly for newer/casual players. Not those who have left 1* characters behind months ago, Pay, and are dedicated. You know, the one's that help feed your families. It's so clear now. Thank you.

I know it's not that extreme....pretty close though.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Agreed, they can't possibly be so oblivious to realize that they are actually locking out there most devoted player base
    Daily Resupply says I've been playing for 96 days, and my roster has 6 characters at 60+ (2x over 100), only 2 of which are eligible for this event. I consider myself a dedicated player and I'm getting beyond hammered in this event.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

It doesn't help that this is the only PvE event going on right now. Can't participate in this event and can't/don't want to play in the Thor tourney? I guess they're ok with players not playing their game. Because, you know, when I'm not playing a game, it makes me really want to spend money on it.
  • Guys, it's okay not to be competetive or win in every event. It's not like it's some sort of inherited birth right.

I didn't have a good roster of Dark Avenger characters, so I couldn't compete in that event. I never had good luck with heroic or diabolical cover pulls, so I always did terrible in Lightning Rounds.

It was okay, life (and the game) went on.
  • The difference is that the people that actually took the time to build competitive rosters (something IceIX said the devs wanted to happen) are the MOST screwed in this event.

My first mission is all level 230 bad guys. I haven't even attempted it. That's complete ****. I shouldn't have to work 10 x harder than a new player to get somewhere, I already put in the effort.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Guys, it's okay not to be competetive or win in every event. It's not like it's some sort of inherited birth right.

I didn't have a good roster of Dark Avenger characters, so I couldn't compete in that event. I never had good luck with heroic or diabolical cover pulls, so I always did terrible in Lightning Rounds.

It's fine not to be competitive in every event. It's not fine to have a portion of the playerbase not playing at all.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Guys, it's okay not to be competetive or win in every event. It's not like it's some sort of inherited birth right.

I don't try to compete in every event because I know it's impossible in this game. I typically try very hard in Pve (because in this game I prefer Pve) and then maybe 1 out of the 2 of every other pvp event so 1/4 with 2 weekly lightning rounds. So maybe 25% of the events? Just aggravating when I get totally **** on the Pve which is was my saving grace away from this crazy MMR.
  • Derethus wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

It's fine not to be competitive in every event. It's not fine to have a portion of the playerbase not playing at all.

Everyone did say they wanted time off. Here is your chance. Unless you want to start a second account. I'm using my alternate for this one.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Derethus wrote:

I don't doubt the reasoning here, but the fact that newer players are having an easier time than older is primarily due to the poor decision on the dev's part in terms of roster permitting, and having levels scaled on performance in the prior event (as well as roster size, which is what several persons have reported). Despite having several 3* heroes skilled out, and getting top 2's in Lightning Rounds now, I don't have a shot in hell at this event due to being scaled so high, and being shoehorned into using straight-up bad heroes for the matchup! I recall one of the past heroic events letting us use a powered-up IM40. You know what he does against goons? BLAM, DEAD once he hits a skill. You know what Daredevil does? Go **** off in a corner and get his only useful skill overwritten by Daken's passive.