Quick battle problem

There are times when I start a quick battle and my planes walker shows full health before going in and then suddenly had a third of the health when the battle starts

Comments

• GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    This just happened to me. I started a Quick Battle with Nissa, who was showing a full 50 health when I started. Yet when the battle screen showed up, I suddenly had only 20 health. Needless to say, I got my clock cleaned.
  • I'm having the same issue, repeatedly. I downloaded the app a few days ago and just recently decided to start using the "Quick Battle" feature. I've conceded two games already because my planeswalker started out with 20 life points rather than the 48 that my full health should have allowed.

It's a bummer because I don't want to run that risk again and have to concede more games, ruining my already poor performance record. The main issue is that it happens sometime right before the match starts. Going into a Quick Battle, my planeswalker's life counter is fully charged. It shows that way the entire time, until the battle actually begins, then I'm blindsided by a drastic decrease in life. You can't win a game starting at 20 life points when you're opponent starts at over 50, I don't care how good your deck and luck might be.
  • I've already posted this problem and what the reason is, and how to resolve it.

The reason: natural healing (aka "planeswalker regeneration") over time is not updated. Using a healing pot or leveling up is updated fine because it queries the server.

The solution: close the game (double tap home, swipe it off) and restart, and it will update your health.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the info Panda but this is a bandaid. Not only that but I feel that this is a new issue because I don't recall seeing it before yesterday or the day before.

I guess I should just be thankful that there is healing in this game, and that any healing you do during a battle saves on you character after the battle (using less potions). I'm sure once extra potions cost money, that will be adjusted, just like MPQ.
  • I'm not saying it isn't a problem, just that there is a solution for it.

Here is the post I made iirc the day the game launched: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=36470

I think it was bumped to the second page.

They might make planeswalker hp regen a bit slower, but in MPQ you also had free healthkits that regenerated, and the health system here is very much like it is there too (except healing is perma healing kekeke). So I think that aspect will stay, though we might see regen be much slower once you can buy healing pots.