New scaling issues

Unknown
edited December 2015 in Roster and Level Help
So I'm trying to figure out these new scaling nodes. The way I'm understanding it is if you don't have your 3* maxed and your 4* beefed up and you are"lucky" enough to pull a 5* from a legendary token. Then I should just sell the 5* because my nodes will get impossible hard from that point of I roster the 5*. Am I wrong in this?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're primarily pvp, yes. PvE not so much, I've been able to manage full progression in several pves with 2 5 stars and my top character is a 3 star 140 hulk. Is it tough, definitely, but manageable.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    It definitely seems to effect PVP over PVE. Before I had my two Surfer covers, I was able to get to around 700pts before I started hitting the Jean/Buster wall of 4* teams, without much retaliation. Now that they show up around 300-500 pts and I get retaliations out the wazoo, despite never actually using Surfer. It's not made the actual fights harder I don't think, I just seem to be showing up on the radar of a higher level of play than before. Though it also could just be because more 4*'s are available then before.

PVE seems a bit higher with the lvl of enemies, but still manageable if you're got the boosted characters for that week.
  • Honestly, I even liked the 5 * on the scale. There were people with rooster 99 for all 3 * and was very difficult to compete with them in pve grinding. While you took five minutes to hit a node she took probably 2-3 it because their opponents had much less blood.
  • Odds are definitely stacked against you when you get even 2*'s maxed, let alone have 4&5*'s on your roster. Kills the fun. Very unequal selection of competition. icon_redface.gif