2»

Comments

• Spider_Man
    Spider_Man Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Spider_Man wrote:
    Davometer wrote:
    Spider_Man wrote:
    I placed 1st in the main bracket. My team was a 73 Thor, 65 OBW, and a 15 Patch. I guess I was cheating?

Were you fighting mobs that were 100+ lvls ahead of you? If not, then this event was totally bugged because I had to and I only had an 85 Thor, 85 OBW and 69 patch. I came top 50 btw but only because of PATCH's bug

Actually, I DID see mobs up to level 230. But I never fought them. Tanking in this event is widely known about, and used by probably 99% of players. Of course I used this technique to my advantage.

In other words you did exactly nothing worthy of anything and were rewarded handsomely for it. Congratulations?

Yeah it's weird Psykopathic, I only started this event tonight and had no idea what I was doing.

See, I can use sarcasm too.

It's sad that you would take this attitude, but I can understand it since this event burned a lot of players and is so fresh in your mind. Again though, I repeat: This was a mechanics event, not a Highest-Level-Characters-Should-Always-Win style event. I obviously had to play hundreds and hundreds of matches all week, and use every mechanic to my advantage. I don't think I'm THAT undeserving, tbh.
  • All u guys add me on Facebook for daily rewards I'm an active player !! Jacob Jacobs u will see a houston texans bull for profile pic!!
  • Spider_Man wrote:
    I realize that since the event is so fresh in everyone's mind, this is a pretty easy attitude to take. But the reality is that this was more of a mechanics-based tournament then a raw strength event. I know this pisses a lot of players off, and the devs have said that it did "not work as intended". That being said, it was nice for a player like me to compete for top prizes for once. How else can the middle class climb the ladder?
    Yeah, I wanted to add after posting that "easy ride" was a poor choice of phrase. Crying that someone "only" had to face 120 Mags'n'Hood is kind of glossing over the fact they did it with a 50 IM35, 40 OBW, and 2-cover Patch, or whatever. A lot of people - particularly if they'd been riding high on Buggedpatch - did end up facing tanking-resilient walls of 230s their rosters simply couldn't cope with, which is why they're annoyed. No roster can cope with that comfortably. That's probably the "not working as intended".

While the context was PvP (and PvE is a somewhat inappropriately imported term to describe another type of competition), the developers stated quite explicitly that they want achievable ratings to reflect rosters more closely. This is what bringing Thorverine more in line with 2* potency was about, and it's what their constant futzing with MMR is trying to do. The way you "climb the ladder", as far as their vision seems to go, is by achieving decent placements to get some covers and ISO and building up to better placements from those. Not so much by winning 4*s with 1*s, although congratulations to anyone who did. I sure abused the hell out of Feral Claws and shield climbing into the stratosphere while it was easy.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No. Because you have a **** team. You didn't face high lvl opponents. You didn't do any grinding.

You worked the system and rubbed it in every1's faces. Basically a well disguised troll.

As I said on the other post, welcome to the forums, piss off. icon_e_smile.gif

why are you talking about yourself?
  • U think I'm a powerhouse or something? I ran with 15 OBW 30 patch and 70 spidey and destroyed lvl 230's all event long. I'm pissed because "tanking" and "rubber banding" shouldn't be a thing. And you ARE NOT deserving of **** just because u can take advantage of a broke system then come here and act all high and mighty. I'm not the 1 to try that "I played the system so I'm gonna be a stuck up **** who thinks I'm better than u guys". I see through people's ****. Especially people like u.
  • Puritas wrote:
    No. Because you have a **** team. You didn't face high lvl opponents. You didn't do any grinding.

You worked the system and rubbed it in every1's faces. Basically a well disguised troll.

As I said on the other post, welcome to the forums, piss off. icon_e_smile.gif

why are you talking about yourself?

Find a comeback that makes sense and try again.
  • Spider_Man
    Options
    U think I'm a powerhouse or something? I ran with 15 OBW 30 patch and 70 spidey and destroyed lvl 230's all event long. I'm pissed because "tanking" and "rubber banding" shouldn't be a thing. And you ARE NOT deserving of tinykitty just because u can take advantage of a broke system then come here and act all high and mighty. I'm not the 1 to try that "I played the system so I'm gonna be a stuck up **** who thinks I'm better than u guys". I see through people's tinykitty. Especially people like u.

Nice, a 5-blue Spidey. Hopefully one day I'll have one. Grats.
  • Spider_Man wrote:
    U think I'm a powerhouse or something? I ran with 15 OBW 30 patch and 70 spidey and destroyed lvl 230's all event long. I'm pissed because "tanking" and "rubber banding" shouldn't be a thing. And you ARE NOT deserving of tinykitty just because u can take advantage of a broke system then come here and act all high and mighty. I'm not the 1 to try that "I played the system so I'm gonna be a stuck up **** who thinks I'm better than u guys". I see through people's tinykitty. Especially people like u.

A 5 blue spidey I got from hard work and grinding since day 1. not playing the system. Any other lame comebacks?
  • Spider_Man
    Options
    Spider_Man wrote:

A 5 blue spidey I got from hard work and grinding since day 1. not playing the system. Any other lame comebacks?

I totally feel you. I was able to do well in this event through hard work and grinding. I'm glad it pays off for guys like us.
  • Spider_Man wrote:
    I totally feel you. I was able to do well in this event through hard work and grinding. I'm glad it pays off for guys like us.

You know, the "hard working player" persona rings pretty hollow considering that I really doubt that you would have joined the forums if you hadn't placed considerably high in the first place. But then again, I waved my e-peen around as well when I won my first Invisible Woman cover during the time when shields actually worked for people (I was a member of the forums for quite a bit before I did so). So congrats, fellow mid-tier. And as a fellow forum member once said: "Welcome to the forums. Now piss off." icon_e_wink.gif