Claim Plus Three for Allies

Options
Hunter328
Hunter328 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
After winning and picking up a prize I sometimes am presented with this button to push. Once pushed a screen saying something always pops up but is jumped away from to a new screen automatically in less than a second.
I have two questions:
What does Claim plus three for allies mean and do?
What's on the screen that pops up and away so quickly?

Comments

• If you have linked your game to your facebook, you can send the gift you received to three facebook friends as well as receive it yourself.

Perhaps you don't have it linked to your facebook so the pop-up disappears.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    The claim for 25 seems to always give me the same 25 people.

I think there are 25 people who will soon be begging me to stop spamming them icon_e_confused.gif
  • Are there plans to implement favorites? It always gives me the same 3 (or 25) people, who don't necessarily play the game. Other friends that do play the game don't show up, so I can't give them gifts. Would be nice if I could filter the friends list to only show people I want to give gifts to, then randomly select between them. Right now I can only really send gifts to 1 or 2 friends, because the rest of the people on the list it gives me aren't interested.
  • Mine is variable. Sometimes its only (the same) three friends and sometimes it's 10+ friends.
  • The number of friends is variable.

Who those friends are is currently not.

Which seems to really screw those of us alphabetically last -- I've shared numerous rewards of various kinds since finally linking up to FB, but so far all I've gotten back is 4 or 5 70 pt ISO rewards from a single person. And I know that I have some of the more active players friended.

I know IceX has said that they're having issues with the FB API, but some kind of update would be nice.
  • icon_e_biggrin.gif Thanks for all the gifts, have you been receiving any from me? I stopped looking at my lists
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    :D Thanks for all the gifts, have you been receiving any from me? I stopped looking at my lists

No. Thus my unhappiness. icon_cry.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    R41 made some changes to the way we're handling FB gifting. You should see an improvement on it overall. We're also working with them to clear up the other issue that we're having where some users simply aren't receiving gifts period even though they can send successfully. We put in a stopgap that may help with this, but it's a deeper systemic issue with how FB handles gifting with outside parties (as opposed to FB->FB gifting for FB only games).
  • Because of issues I basically cleaned out my Facebook account (which I didn't really use anyway) of nonplayers and just added players. I would have just created a new one for this game, but could not figure out how to unlink. I am really hoping MPQ can set up its own Allies lists instead of linking to Facebook which I adhor. For me, Facebook is the Nameless One of social media. icon_e_smile.gif

Actually pretty happy with how Marvel Avenger's Alliance (Playdom) does gifting/sharing. I do hope we can get a little more control over sharing here, and again, non Facebook allies, sharing.

Not that I am complaining strenuously, as I love the game and the updates/improvements are coming faster than anything I think I have ever played. I have dropped a little cash on the game and will likely continue to do so. Hell, I don't think I would mind if they offered minor subscription options as I have been plunking down $5 per paycheck.
  • IceIX wrote:
    R41 made some changes to the way we're handling FB gifting. You should see an improvement on it overall. We're also working with them to clear up the other issue that we're having where some users simply aren't receiving gifts period even though they can send successfully. We put in a stopgap that may help with this, but it's a deeper systemic issue with how FB handles gifting with outside parties (as opposed to FB->FB gifting for FB only games).

Yeah I have stopped receiving any gifts! It's been 3 days now, don't even want to think about how much iso / extra stuff I am losing out on!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif Submitted a ticket but haven't heard a thing yet!