Question about scaling

Options
2»

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    just keep losing in PVE. do not try to win. once you lose enough the game will know you can't do anything with your 5*

If you're referring to the game matchmaking, no they removed tanking a while ago. The bulk of scaling seems to come from the strength of your roster.

If you're referring to d3 analyzing data well I'm not so sure about that either. They're quick to nerf something that gets pointed out as broken but LT tokens have been out for a while and no one seems to care.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Word on the street is that they are working on scaling. Probably an attempt to help alleviate this issue people are currently experiencing.
  • Most likely if they are working on scaling it is to remove the 395 ceiling. Now that there are 5*s in the game they will need to make scaling even more ridiculous to compensate.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    Word on the street is that they are working on scaling. Probably an attempt to help alleviate this issue people are currently experiencing.

Crazy that they cannot simply ignore 5* from scaling calculations for now, they could always add a more elegant solution later on if it is needed, the game should not penalise somebody for getting a 5* cover that should be a lucky draw whenever it shows up.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

Crazy that they cannot simply ignore 5* from scaling calculations for now, they could always add a more elegant solution later on if it is needed, the game should not penalise somebody for getting a 5* cover that should be a lucky draw whenever it shows up.
    You shouldn't be penalized for "bonus" levels they force on you either, a boost should help you, not throw things out of wack for a week
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The best thing you can do is buy a few Stark salaries and buy a bunch of 4* covers then level those 4*s to lvl 270 to make them even with your 5*s.

Obviously this approach sucks but I bet this is what the devs are hoping for.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The only way to be fair about this is to increase the sample size that determines scaling. You can't go off the whole roster because we'd all add a ton of 1*s to artificially drop our scaling and basing it off your top three is utterly asinine and unfair. Base it off your top 25 characters or a similarly higher number. That way a 5* is accounted for but doesn't corn hole you. The way things work right now with scaling is top level amateurism.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Well this topic pretty much answers my question about whether I should sell Old Man Logan. Guess I'll keep him until he's about to expire in case there are any epic scaling revelations. I absolutely agree that it would be better to analyse a larger proportion of your top covers rather than the top 3, it seems a much fairer more elegant fix to this problem rather than punishing the majority of players just for playing hard to get a legendary token.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ryceratops wrote:
    So I have 2 5*s recruited, my roster has a few level 155's in it. My question now is, if I sell my recruited 2 5*s will it fix this awful experience of every fight being extremely over leveled? I sadly don't want to get rid of these two 5*s but it seems if that's the only way to make this game decently playable, will it fix it or since I already recruited them my experience will from here on out be fighting level 270'S and pumped ones past that level with or without the 5*s?

Moved to Roster/level help