Question about scaling

Options
Unknown
edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
So I have 2 5*s recruited, my roster has a few level 155's in it. My question now is, if I sell my recruited 2 5*s will it fix this awful experience of every fight being extremely over leveled? I sadly don't want to get rid of these two 5*s but it seems if that's the only way to make this game decently playable, will it fix it or since I already recruited them my experience will from here on out be fighting level 270'S and pumped ones past that level with or without the 5*s?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The devs REFUSE to answer or even acknowledge this question.
  • fmftint wrote:
    The devs REFUSE to answer or even acknowledge this question.

So I'm basically out of luck then? Well that's a bummer I really like this game. icon_cry.gif
  • Saintsfanuk
    Saintsfanuk Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Selling them will fix it. It did for me when I sold ss. Got OML sat in my waiting list that I'm gonna have to sell in 10 days or break the game by rostering him...
  • Selling them will fix it. It did for me when I sold ss. Got OML sat in my waiting list that I'm gonna have to sell in 10 days or break the game by rostering him...

It does??? Thank you so much. A shame I need to sell them, but their pretty much just going to sit on my roster unused anyway.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This only shows how lame developers really are... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Windreaver
    Windreaver Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    i have the same problem, i "luckly" dropped e SS (black) but i have a roster of 2 star.pngstar.png at 94 (about 6) and many full covered 3 star.pngstar.pngstar.png at 94 (becouse i don't want to level them up until they are full covered)

now i have waiting SS in my prizes, and i don't know if i should recruit him or not....but still in unstable iso-8 scale go up a lot...from 122 max to 167 on high nodes (lower are the same, lvl 34). Should i sell it? still don't know why scale went so high

Or scale community is on again?
  • Windreaver wrote:
    i have the same problem, i "luckly" dropped e SS (black) but i have a roster of 2 star.pngstar.png at 94 (about 6) and many full covered 3 star.pngstar.pngstar.png at 94 (becouse i don't want to level them up until they are full covered)

now i have waiting SS in my prizes, and i don't know if i should recruit him or not....but still in unstable iso-8 scale go up a lot...from 122 max to 167 on high nodes (lower are the same, lvl 34). Should i sell it? still don't know why scale went so high

Or scale community is on again?

I really wish we'd get an official answer on a fix or what not for this, I still have my 5*s sitting here giving maybe till the next update from the devs. If no news of it I'm sadly going to have to delete them. It's a shame they don't get recruited at lower levels.
  • I can tell you from my personal experience in PvP that rostering a single $$ cover brought my scaling and MMR up 100+ levels.

My under-covered 3*s at L94 were seeing opponents no higher than L150, with usual opponent levels hovering around 100-120, and occasional 166s.

Since rostering him without using him even once in any event, my minimum opponent levels are 166, with a few +-150s and often go up to 270.

As for PvE? Don't ask. Put succinctly, I don't play anymore, at all, ever, because I cannot even beat my essentials anymore.

So yeah, 5*s have an obvious affect.

DBC
  • Windreaver
    Windreaver Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    even if i sent a ticket ? i'll get no answer, right?
  • fmftint
    Options
    Windreaver wrote:
    you'll get this:

When entering a PvE event or sub-event for the first time, the game will review your current Roster (including buffs/restrictions), and the difficulty of each mission will be based on the strength of your top three characters. Many (but not all) of the nodes in the easier missions are capped at a fairly low level, which means they appear artificially low to a high level team; somewhere between 30-50 usually. Then, when you make the jump to harder missions, it looks really stark because you are jumping up to the level you should be playing against, without the caps.

The matchmaking system for the PvP events does its best to pair you with appropriate opponents, which is not necessarily the player you are skipping matches to find. The intended function of the skip feature is to allow players to find favorable matches or avoid unfavorable ones. Keep in mind that one of the major factors that determine which opponents you're paired with is your personal rank in the event, but will still keep an attempt to find other teams with a similar strength based on the top three characters in your Roster.

As the Silver Surfer (Skyrider) character is level 255 when obtained with the possibility of reaching level 270 with its first Comic Cover applied, it is essentially considered to be the strength of a maxed out 4 Star character in your Roster, and the balancing for PvE events and the Matchmaking system for PvE events will take this into consideration when creating the difficulty for each mission and the matchmaking system for PvP events will take this into consideration when searching for an opponent in these events. As such, with a Silver Surfer (Skyrider) in your Roster, it will boost the difficulty you experience you encounter in PvE and PvP events due to its level compared to the rest of your roster.

Please keep in mind that if you enter an event for the first time with a Roster, and then quickly make changes, that event is not going to re-calibrate to the new Roster.
  • fmftint wrote:
    Windreaver wrote:
    you'll get this:

When entering a PvE event or sub-event for the first time, the game will review your current Roster (including buffs/restrictions), and the difficulty of each mission will be based on the strength of your top three characters. Many (but not all) of the nodes in the easier missions are capped at a fairly low level, which means they appear artificially low to a high level team; somewhere between 30-50 usually. Then, when you make the jump to harder missions, it looks really stark because you are jumping up to the level you should be playing against, without the caps.

The matchmaking system for the PvP events does its best to pair you with appropriate opponents, which is not necessarily the player you are skipping matches to find. The intended function of the skip feature is to allow players to find favorable matches or avoid unfavorable ones. Keep in mind that one of the major factors that determine which opponents you're paired with is your personal rank in the event, but will still keep an attempt to find other teams with a similar strength based on the top three characters in your Roster.

As the Silver Surfer (Skyrider) character is level 255 when obtained with the possibility of reaching level 270 with its first Comic Cover applied, it is essentially considered to be the strength of a maxed out 4 Star character in your Roster, and the balancing for PvE events and the Matchmaking system for PvE events will take this into consideration when creating the difficulty for each mission and the matchmaking system for PvP events will take this into consideration when searching for an opponent in these events. As such, with a Silver Surfer (Skyrider) in your Roster, it will boost the difficulty you experience you encounter in PvE and PvP events due to its level compared to the rest of your roster.

Please keep in mind that if you enter an event for the first time with a Roster, and then quickly make changes, that event is not going to re-calibrate to the new Roster.

That is insanely brutal so having these two 5*s turned my roster from a not even maxed 3 star roster to a maxed 4* without the perks of having a max leveled 4*. I guess I would of been luckier to draw 4*s from the legendary tokens.
  • That's actually an answer! I thought they weren't even addressing this question. It's not a good answer, but it does imply that things are "working as intendedTM" and that there's no fix incoming. Sad, but good to know.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So if you're still in the 3* transition or if you're keeping your roster artificially low for PvE purposes, then you aren't able to even open your Legendary tokens for fear of getting a 5*. It's sad, but at least people know now what they're getting into. Save them and open them later when your roster can handle it.
  • fmftint wrote:
    Windreaver wrote:
    you'll get this:

They actually put that in writing? What ever happened to "5*s will have no effect on roster scaling and MMR?!" icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

Oh, that's just awesome. We have a useless 5* straw man, but MPQ pretends it's a fully covered and leveled, and thus USEFUL 4*? Just when I think it can't get any worse with this game/development team…

"Just don't open your rewards (you know, the reason you're playing, and how you progress) unless you already have 3-6 fully covered and leveled 4*s?" As ridiculous as that "logic" is, it would still have been GREAT to know that BEFORE I opened a token and was "rewarded" with my $ilver $urfer/albatross…

DBC
  • fmftint
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Windreaver wrote:
    you'll get this:

They actually put that in writing? What ever happened to "5*s will have no effect on roster scaling and MMR?!" icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

Oh, that's just awesome. We have a useless 5* straw man, but MPQ pretends it's a fully covered and leveled, and thus USEFUL 4*? Just when I think it can't get any worse with this game/development team…

"Just don't open your rewards (you know, the reason you're playing, and how you progress) unless you already have 3-6 fully covered and leveled 4*s?" As ridiculous as that "logic" is, it would still have been GREAT to know that BEFORE I opened a token and was "rewarded" with my $ilver $urfer/albatross…

DBC
    That was a reply an alliance mate received from CS a month ago
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Windreaver wrote:
    you'll get this:

DBC

When the level shift happened way back veterans got screwed because 4* gained like a hundred levels but their strength was comparable to top end 3*, so all that really happened was PvE got moderately harder. Players who gamed the system (intentionally underleveling characters) said it was fair as having maxed characters helped more in PvP anyway. Guess this is d3's way of paying those players back.

fmfint is
  • dkffiv wrote:
    When the level shift happened way back veterans got screwed because 4* gained like a hundred levels but their strength was comparable to top end 3*, so all that really happened was PvE got moderately harder. Players who gamed the system (intentionally underleveling characters) said it was fair as having maxed characters helped more in PvP anyway. Guess this is d3's way of paying those players back.

fmfint is

Yeah, that sure sounds like D3. Punish 1% on one side of an argument to appease 1% on the other, while the middle 98% get **** for no reason. What's that line? Oh yeah, "Working as intended." icon_rolleyes.gif

As crazy as it would sound in any other context, I can honestly see someone at D3 thinking that penalizing 99% of their player base to make it "fair" for the strongest 1% would be a rational action to take, which is pretty alarming, but sadly not remotely surprising.

DBC
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just keep losing in PVE. do not try to win. once you lose enough the game will know you can't do anything with your 5*
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Selling 5*s shouldn't even be necessary - if they are as special as the devs want us to believe, they should have an exception put on them where they don't expire ever.
  • rbdragon wrote:
    Selling 5*s shouldn't even be necessary - if they are as special as the devs want us to believe, they should have an exception put on them where they don't expire ever.
    It is pretty cruel to the people "lucky" enough to get a 5 star without a 4* tier line up. icon_e_confused.gif