Options
2»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    deiXide wrote:
    at the time of the poll, LThor was widely used and accepted
    The poll was just a few months ago, not a year ago.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    deiXide wrote:

Let's face it, the reason why 3* Thor won the last rankings was because
    - Players were still pissed about 4Thor being nerfed
    - Players were even more pissed about XFW being nerfed
    - This survey was completed just when Hulkbuster and SW were released.

I would imagine the rankings will be completely different now, especially since 95% of the new characters since the poll have been 4*'s.. good 4*'s overall.

At this point, it might be best to have a separate rankings for each Tier, respectfully, than overall rankings.
  • simonsez wrote:
    deiXide wrote:
    Eh, it was published a few months ago, but the data was culled longer ago than that, and since then we've seen several GAME CHANGING characters not named SS, launch as well as characters who were brand new at the time like SW and IMHB get leveled and used. Add in the 'freezing' of 3* in favor ot 4*, and more people such as myself have been able to fill out our 3* squads since then. So there should be a fair amount of movement with more solidarity. Also, boosted PvP is a thing since then.

Ironically though? Despite knowing that most won't agree with me, I STILL think LThor is like a top 5, even though he's not the popular choice. High health high dmg and self charging. The love for SW is tied to her use as a battery and cascade maker for PX, less her and more her just helping certain characters. Onyl reason IMHB would be higher is health and lvls making him better on defense. JG kicks his **** though hahaha. LThor just sin't the 'sexy' pick anymore, but 'effectiveness', he shouldn't really fall much.
    - Unreall
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    Ironically though? Despite knowing that most won't agree with me, I STILL think LThor is like a top 5, even though he's not the popular choice. High health high dmg and self charging. The love for SW is tied to her use as a battery and cascade maker for PX, less her and more her just helping certain characters. Onyl reason IMHB would be higher is health and lvls making him better on defense. JG kicks his **** though hahaha. LThor just sin't the 'sexy' pick anymore, but 'effectiveness', he shouldn't really fall much.
    - Unreall

Yeah, LThor is definitely a top 5 Thor character in the game. I mean, I'd take 4hor and Loki over him, but he's definitely better than the star.pngstar.png version, and Rags. Wait... You mean of all the characters????????????

Fist, KK, Cyclops are obviously better than him as star.pngstar.pngstar.png s, I'd also take Cage, Hood, Loki, BP pretty easily. And then at star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png IMHB, XFDP, JG, Ice, Carnage, KP, Thing are all clearly better.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eh, it was published a few months ago, but the data was culled longer ago than that, and since then we've seen several GAME CHANGING characters not named SS, launch as well as characters who were brand new at the time like SW and IMHB get leveled and used.
    I'm not going to argue timing with you. Anyone who saves their Line logs can show you that AT THE TIME THE RESULTS WERE ISSUED, one of the main topics of conversation was how ridiculously overranked LT was. The reason is simple. For most of the people voting, that's the best character they have and the best one they see on a regular basis. I don't expect it to be much different now. We overestimate how many people are playing at a 4* level with full rosters and wide knowledge of character strength.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Eh, it was published a few months ago, but the data was culled longer ago than that, and since then we've seen several GAME CHANGING characters not named SS, launch as well as characters who were brand new at the time like SW and IMHB get leveled and used.
    I'm not going to argue timing with you. Anyone who saves their Line logs can show you that AT THE TIME THE RESULTS WERE ISSUED, one of the main topics of conversation was how ridiculously overranked LT was. The reason is simple. For most of the people voting, that's the best character they have and the best one they see on a regular basis. I don't expect it to be much different now. We overestimate how many people are playing at a 4* level with full rosters and wide knowledge of character strength.
    I agree with that to a point...
    ...I just think he's getting the opposite effect now...my concern is 'over correction', that happened last time with I think it may have been Sentry (though meta has made him more true to his ranking now than it used to be, also boosted health+PvP really lowered the effectiveness of hard hitting AoE types like BP/GSBW/Sentry).

If you go back to the thread, it was later broken down by * groups, and even the higher ups then had him @ 2 or 3 behind PX, not @ 10 or something...there was a bunch of back and forth if I recall about where he belongs - and hey that's part of the point of the thread, but anytime someone is volatile like that, its easy for the knee jerk reaction to be extreme - see MGallop's list of people better...Loki? BP? Hood? Sure, some of the list is easily debatable, I'm not going to argue the first part - at least at this stage, because its a FAIR discussion to have, but Loki...lowest health (or second) in the game, with no attack, that only slows AP gain for the other team, and can get peaced out before his count downs trigger? For heck sakes, a Loki team worth 30 pts or more is an instant fight he's so easy, even boosted. Hood? Better than Loki, hell yeah, but better than LThor who unboosted can kill him off a little yellow and a cascade? THAT'S more my concern. It makes no difference to me exactly where he falls, I have no vested interest in him, I barely use him myself, but when I do, I remember WHY he was so good, and that's the other angle of this...

he's "old", as a lazy character, he's REAL old in design. What 'old' characters still get used? Patch & Laken are often on transitioners. Hulk occasionally is rammed down our throats. Even the aforementioned Hood rarely if ever pops up. Does that mean he's not effective, no, just people have moved on to more 'fun' teams that either have great synergy (like GSBW/SWitch/PX or Fistbuster), are more imposing on defense (Thing/XFW/XFDP), or just 'seem' stronger (all 4s). Another example is CMags, he's still TERRIFIC, but you almost never see him, even with one of the best blues, and a top 3 board shake-up game (him and God-Doom deserve 4*s). The meta has not really past him by like BP or Hood (boosted health + boosted characters destroyed BP right when I got him to 166 haha, and Hood just loses to the amount of batteries out there, every team seems to have one), but he's "old and forgotten". It's real easy for people to say KK is better than Lhor right now, simply because they don't play Lhor anymore...not because she outright is (she isn't to me, but its actually a discussion worth having)....and because they play against KK teams now instead of Lhor.
    - Unreall
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    Like it was mentioned above, I was planning on trying to do it around anniversary time.

Character poll soon. Please???? I need to vote LThor like 30th to prove a point!
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    Like it was mentioned above, I was planning on trying to do it around anniversary time.

Okay, thank you. Let me know if you need any help.