Avengers Elite Training

1202122232426»

Comments

• Nemek wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    What happened to thereck or Jacob? I thought one of the two would place on the top 10?

I was wondering if thereck was removed or not. He kind of just disappeared from the leaderboard, which was odd. I was really starting to warm up to the guy, too. As much **** that he gets, he actually contributes to the forum in a really good way - he really knows what he's talking about when it comes to the game and offers pretty good advice. (If he didn't post about queueing people up when seeing they went unshielded very early on in the tourney, it would have taken me longer to really catch on.)

got completely blown out, and had to leave, was watching from my phone though
  • It's interesting i only recognize 2 names out of the top 10, whereas with old lightning rounds i would recognize 8 or more. Good job wyp and nemek.
  • Huge shout out to Nemek - I learned all my moves from him. He is always helpful, sportsmanlike, and following his spot-on analysis of PvE strategy is what got me the ISO/covers/roster over the past 2 months that I ran in this tourney.

Couldn't echo this more. And really good to see two of the good guys finish 1 and 2 in this, much props guys. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I didnt join this because i dont have the roster to compete, but it sounds like you guys had fun. Its nice to read on the forums that people had some fun, hard work fun but fun nonetheless. Grats to all of you wherever you placed.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Madjam wrote:
    I didnt join this because i dont have the roster to compete, but it sounds like you guys had fun. Its nice to read on the forums that people had some fun, hard work fun but fun nonetheless. Grats to all of you wherever you placed.

Marvelben was way up there, like in 3-5th place with a team that had 141 GSBW, 60ish Wolverine and 80 Thor if I remember right. He got blown up when he popped a shield and must have taken a few to the face because he dropped off the map, but made a come back in the 11th hour to get a top 10 finish. Hell of a finish for a squishy team.
  • grats to everyone!

i think i won 1000hp - 300 entry and 50 for a shield so not too shabby.

20hrs left to go in thick as thieves so i'll try and win that instead icon_e_wink.gif
  • Well done to all the winners, I sat this one out as I am playing too much as it is with the current PVE, but hopefully there will be another round of this in the future. Also its great fun to check out everyone's roster in the top 10!
  • Congrats all!

Here is the obligatory "what are you going to do with the HP reward" question. More shields?
  • congrats all.
    i got what if question
    i know its silly, just what if the jacobpc/thereck is dev account to wrest the no1 reward. conspiracy theory LOL
    still its strange, if they cheated, why must they do it halfway? vanishing in the end. or get banned quietly
  • Congrats all, it had to be a hard work to be in top 10 without 1shot kill trainer.
  • I'm glad forum regs held it down in the top spots. Grats. I'm curious how much HP was spent on shields?
  • Congrats guys!

I just want to say I called it back in the first 10 pages that Walkyourpath and Nemek would be top 3.
  • Congrats to all. Just wondering, how much HP did you use for shields in the tournament?
  • Yes it was super fun seeing the tourney leaders posting here during the competition. Good stuff
  • Pichsterz wrote:
    Congrats to all. Just wondering, how much HP did you use for shields in the tournament?

I think WYP said he spent nearly 2500 in shields
  • Placed 7th for 2500 HP, 200 iso, OBW, Storm, and Thor cover (all dupes)

Had to burn one 1 day shield, two 8hr shields, and five to six 6 3hr shields.

Still a pretty good return on investment, didn't boost until I got into the 700's so made a nice chunk of iso grinding up the ladder as well.

L88 Hulk, L85 Thor, L85 Wolverine, and subbed in L80 Spidey when I needed to heal.

I would reccomend those skittish about joining to give it a try, Top 10 finish is doable even for a mid level player, You breakeven with Top100 finish, and the last hour was a blast as you were constantly monitoring the standings tyring to maintain your reward tier.
  • I would reccomend those skittish about joining to give it a try, Top 10 finish is doable even for a mid level player, You breakeven with Top100 finish, and the last hour was a blast as you were constantly monitoring the standings tyring to maintain your reward tier.

It was fun to read all the reports but I don't believe the experience of jumping from under the shield and hope not getting completely pummeled is for everyone.