Help your local Blahahah finish his team!

Options
Blahahah
Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
So with the anniversary sale, I've found myself able (after a disappointing 40 pack) able to cover one of 6 character to complete the team!

The characters I have are...
Thor (3/5/5, the standard, the people's champ)
Doctor Octopus (5/5/3, the black sheep, the underdog, his damage tiles have carried me further than anything)

The potential candidates!

Daken (currently 5/3/3, the current stand-in for the rainbow bonus. Makes swords for Doc Oct. Unsure how to build but he can go both ways)
Sentry (Currently 5/5/1, not optimal and probably not planned to be used)
Luke Cage (Currently 5/1/5, the offensive king. The stun cannon. The Uppercut master)
Hulk (Currently 4/3/3, The big green, the not-so-friendly giant! A good potential tank)
Colossus (Currently 4/3/3. A potential fastball, a potential big punch with the red, the wall to end it all!)
The Punisher (Currently 4/3/5. I could sub-optimally finish him AND another character, or I could optimally recover him)

Yes yes I know. Doctor Octopus is a low-tier, but he is my favorite character so I don't want to drop him if I don't have to. However, if I can make a better team comp work I may have to eventually.
Currently I have enough to score exactly 3 covers in any of these (I don't trust my luck with packs).

So now I look to you, my friends. My comrades. My better-than-me players.
Guide my hand. What should I be going for here?

Mod Edit: Moved to Roster and Level help

Comments

• If you chose Daken, Daken could pair well with both Thor & Doc Ock.

Thor would be grabbing tiles from Thunder Strike and building Call The Storm, and making strike tiles all at once. Plus, the Blue wouldn't interfere with any of Thor's usage, and pink & black would at least be damage sources.

With Doc Ock, adding strike tiles to go with Doc Ock's Insult to Injury attack tiles would make them more potent and double your value off of the attack tiles. Plus, as you build Armed & Dangerous, you'd have red strikes to go with, and no temptation to clear them as you don't use red.

I personally run my 3* Daken at 5/5/3. I don't like to use Chemical until I'm ready to win so I can maximize my strike tile value.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    My only problem is what about the AI?
    I have no clue how they function, and with Doc Oct being maxed on blue I don't want Daken constantly funneling out my blue tiles.

I also might swap Doc Oct for someone like Hulk in the future, but would you still advise the 5/5/3 in that case?
  • Punisher is useful if you're transitioning to 3*. Cheap powers for green and red.
    Luke Cage will definitely be someone you'll want to fully cover in the long run
    Hulk will be next as he's useful as a tank, and if you wanna hulk bomb your way through.
    The rest, you can probably just ignore them
  • Blahahah
    Options
    I actually decided to go with that 5/5/3 idea. His damage at 3 blue is ~good enough~ I guess and I do plan to put Hulk in at some point so this should let him keep his head on while all of the green tiles are flying, and should let him get damage without eating all of the swords.

Thanks for the help guys <3
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd go with Daken first. His strong colors match up with Thor's perfectly, so they make a good two-man team for PvP and essential PvE battles. After that, I'd probably look at (in no particular order):
    Luke Cage - fantastic character but unfortunately doesn't play well with Thor. I suppose Cage, Daken and Doc Ock could work pretty well though.
    Hulk - decent on defense and can help generate green for Thor and/or Ock.
    Punisher - Retribution can be a god send in tough PvE fights

I probably wouldn't bother with Sentry or Colossus at this stage. Stick with Thor and Cage, they have the same strong colors anyway.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cage. That is all.
  • Blahahah
    Options
    No love for Colossus, eh? icon_e_sad.gif okay.
    I' gonna miss sending my Thor into orbit and havin him land and CtS
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    No love for Colossus, eh? icon_e_sad.gif okay.
    I' gonna miss sending my Thor into orbit and havin him land and CtS
    I do love Colossus... But I can't get around the fact that Cage does pretty much the same thing but better.