** Storm (Classic) ** [PRE 2013-12]

Comments

• Humphrey wrote:
    I see lots of Iron Mans too, so do you think he should be nerfed? I don't think any character needs nerfing at the moment.

Also the fights against Classic Storm are the most interesting ones - more thinking is required than in most other fights.

I just downed 2 of my team and almost downed the 3rd by being an idiot though - I somehow failed to notice the opposing team had Classic Storm, so I took Classic Storm into the fight, and someone with low HP (Bullseye) ended up at the front of my team somehow. I like to imagine the conversation:
    Bullseye: "ouch!"
    Storm: "don't worry I will protect you!"
    Iron Man & Bullseye: "nooooooo!!!!"

GAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA....u sir, make my day a good day.. that's hilarious . someone should make it comic style

classic storm is critized by many as bad. but till the game progress long enough, many will have enough cover for 3 star char. and level maxed them, then the horror switch to 3 star heroes. imagine lv115 with matching damage 70+. and then no one wil talk about classic storm being bad for game
  • c.Storm counters c.Storm pretty well.
  • Honestly having skills that do nothing 90% of the time is not very useful in my books. It's worse if the whole point is to counter a single character.

And telling others to "kill her first" is terrible advice. How do I kill her first when defending, pray tell? Does everyone else have to use a C. Storm just to defend against another one?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Bombul wrote:
    And telling others to "kill her first" is terrible advice.

She has like 12 HP even at level 60.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Bombul wrote:
    And telling others to "kill her first" is terrible advice.

She has like 12 HP even at level 60.

Do you play this game? There is an aspect called defending.
  • Bombul wrote:
    Oh I see, are you whining because people attack you and you lose points? That will happen whatever team you use, and whatever team your opponents use. People aren't attacking you because they have a Classic Storm, they are attacking you because that's how the tournaments work - if Classic Storm is removed from the the game you will still get attacked and will still lose points.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Bombul wrote:
    Oh I see, are you whining because people attack you and you lose points? That will happen whatever team you use, and whatever team your opponents use. People aren't attacking you because they have a Classic Storm, they are attacking you because that's how the tournaments work - if Classic Storm is removed from the the game you will still get attacked and will still lose points.

You're totally missing the point. What I'm saying is, without the Classic Storm exploit, some low level teams will never be able to defeat me. But yet with her, just throw in 2 other level 15 garbage and somehow they can do so in 1 match. And, there is no way I can defend against it. I have no issues losing points; the problem is with losing points to a team that shouldn't be able to take it off me.

If you're so certain about the legit aspect of Classic Storm, maybe you can suggest how I can set up my team for defence against C.Storm (without using one, of course). We'll stick to the original intent of this thread.
  • Bombul wrote:
    What I'm saying is, without the Classic Storm exploit, some low level teams will never be able to defeat me.
    So your problem /is/ that you are losing points.

I was attacked by a team in the Iron Man tournaments with a high level Thor and a lowish level Spider-Man (plus the useless free level 15 Iron Man). I'm not posting here saying "OMG NERF THOR ASAP WITHOUT THOR THAT TEAM WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BEAT ME EXPLOIT EXPLOIT NERF NERF".

I like both Storm characters, they are both useful, and are both good on attack and poor on defence. Neither need to be changed. I think there should be more characters that are very good on attack and very poor on defence or the other way round, it makes things more interesting.

I have many characters I would rather use than Iron Man, Thor, Storm or Storm, but none of them are high enough level, I don't have the covers for them. Thor and C. Storm are the first two star characters people get, you will see lots of low level teams that wouldn't be able to compete in the tournaments without these two characters, and you will see lots of teams using them.

Also, now you cannot heal by levelling up, people that were using C. Storm and two junk characters will have problems - they will run out of junk characters to use surely? Before they could heal them by leveling up but not now.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    I was attacked by a team in the Iron Man tournaments with a high level Thor and a lowish level Spider-Man (plus the useless free level 15 Iron Man). I'm not posting here saying "OMG NERF THOR ASAP WITHOUT THOR THAT TEAM WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BEAT ME EXPLOIT EXPLOIT NERF NERF".

I like both Storm characters, they are both useful, and are both good on attack and poor on defence. Neither need to be changed. I think there should be more characters that are very good on attack and very poor on defence or the other way round, it makes things more interesting.

I have many characters I would rather use than Iron Man, Thor, Storm or Storm, but none of them are high enough level, I don't have the covers for them. Thor and C. Storm are the first two star characters people get, you will see lots of low level teams that wouldn't be able to compete in the tournaments without these two characters, and you will see lots of teams using them.

Also, now you cannot heal by levelling up, people that were using C. Storm and two junk characters will have problems - they will run out of junk characters to use surely? Before they could heal them by leveling up but not now.

I think you need to calm down; I do not appreciate your inaccurate paraphrasing with capital letters. Yes, I'm suggesting C.Storm needs a change, which you have in your team. And yes, that Thor team with a Spidey is fully capable of defeating your C.Storm team, even with a **** Iron Man. I've seen your team on the rosters; while that C.Storm can be exploited for sheer offence, it really counts for nothing on the defensive side. Don't take it too personally.

I'm not suggesting that they take C.Storm to the cleaners; the skills can retain their damage. What is problematic is how players exploit low health allies to make it trigger more often; if they tweak that triggering point the problem is solved. Not to mention, that 5 red AP should be tiles on board, not instant generation. This is very fair.

As this is a freemium game, one should not expect to ace the game without paying a dime. You can take it to be like a game demo; you can play it, but you won't go very far. And as it is, the Devs have been immeasurably kind by allowing HP, Iso-8s, and almost all heroes to be obtainable just by playing the game alone. What you need is time and effort, so don't expect to get there without some decent slogging. You won't win tournaments soon, but you will get there by repeated participation.

And no, despite what some people say, the health/level nerfs aren't targeting the C.Storm users. Please get over it. It was for game balance. As for junk characters, all you need is a tournament with a free required character e.g. Iron Man in the current tourney, especially in a PvE tournament with no need for defence. I'm sure you remembered the very last one (Unstable Iso-8); tons of C.Storm players were exploiting it for what it was worth, and openly posting it on the forums. They were breezing through it in lightning speed and not sustaining damage. I'm just surprised the Devs haven't acknowledged the problem by now.

Oh yes, I'm still waiting for you to tell me how to defend against a low level C.Storm team.
  • Don't know if it actually helps but I think a max level modern hawkeye should be a relative solid defense against a c. Storm team because he is not affected by the ae and can get rid of c.storm 1 vs 1. But I think that does only helps if c. Storm has 2 throw away in her team
  • Bombul wrote:
    I've seen your team on the rosters
    How do you know what my PvP name is? It's not a secret, I just don't remember mentioning it.

I said in my previous post I've only got four characters that are high enough level to use in PvP, and two of them are Storm, and that I like the fact that both Storms are good on offence and poor on defence, and that I didn't have any problem with the Thor and Spider-Man team winning. I'm glad you agree with me icon_e_wink.gif
    Bombul wrote:
    As this is a freemium game, one should not expect to ace the game without paying a dime.
    Yes you should be able to "ace the game without paying a dime", or else it simply pay to win.
    Is your problem that you have bought characters, but other people can defeat your team without spending money? I am really trying to work out what you are so angry about.
    Bombul wrote:
    As for junk characters, all you need is a tournament with a free required character
    The simple solution would be to not have free characters in tournaments.
    Bombul wrote:
    Oh yes, I'm still waiting for you to tell me how to defend against a low level C.Storm team.
    You can't defend against any team, that's not how the game works. The computer defends for you, and it is an idiot. So anyone can fight and win against you. It doesn't matter what team you use, or what team others use, they will still attack and win. You are going to lose points in tournaments no matter what you do.
  • I have to agree with the thought process here about Thor and C. Storm having been the typical 2 star giveaways prior to the Pve change. Some of you may have seen me in game, but for those that have not, I run a C. Storm, Wolverine, and typically Moonstone combo.

The reason being because of exactly that, she was easy to obtain and level after achieving her ability spread. Now, I don't use the throwaway tactic, because I figured out that despite that a working (cheese) tactic, the higher up in the rankings you go more thought and less reliance on medpacks comes into play.

Her abilities are powerful, granted, but she is also terribly fragile compared to most other 2 stars, and as been stated, she sucks at defense. So when you run her in a group, you are pretty much waving that white flag to anyone who wants to attack.

Is she bad for the game? Not at all. You get extreme offense for an extreme hit to defending. I would elaborate more here, but time is up for now and must resume my normal broadcasting schedule of the day.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    I think she should be stunned for the next turn after raging tempest. I wonder what that would do to how often she's used.
    Not much, since it feuls red AP for another character to use, not for herself to use.

But it still wouldn't happen as much. It would stop chain reactions as well.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Does Modern Hawkeye's Avoid ability avoid her Raging Tempest? I deleted my Hawkeye, so I'm not sure exactly how he works. But I came across him in the Iron Man tournament and he seemed to avoid every single attack. He ended up just boogying around with 5 HP and wouldn't die. I finally figured out to just kill everybody else and then he couldn't Avoid anymore. It seems like that might be able to avoid C. Storm?

Kind of off-topic, I was in a match with my C. Storm team and somebody else's C. Storm team. Some attack they did damaged all of my party members, which triggered my Storm's Raging Tempest, which then triggered their Storm's Raging Tempest. I got wiped out before I realized what happened. Was pretty silly and I'm sure I cursed a little.
  • pumkin wrote:
    Does Modern Hawkeye's Avoid ability avoid her Raging Tempest?
    Yes it does.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you want Dormammu's advice? Too bad, you're going to get it.

Stop worrying about defense. There is no defense.

That's not a knock against this game, it's simply a fact. The developers have given every advantage (and then some more) to the attacker. They want you to be able to win. Winning is fun. Don't be confused, MPQ is not player-vs-player, it is player-vs-AI. Stop worrying about defeating your attackers because you can't, so why waste your time? Attack instead. Attack. Attack. Attack.
  • Dormammu wrote:
    Do you want Dormammu's advice? Too bad, you're going to get it.

Stop worrying about defense. There is no defense.

That's not a knock against this game, it's simply a fact. The developers have given every advantage (and then some more) to the attacker. They want you to be able to win. Winning is fun. Don't be confused, MPQ is not player-vs-player, it is player-vs-AI. Stop worrying about defeating your attackers because you can't, so why waste your time? Attack instead. Attack. Attack. Attack.

right.there is no way to defend, except ur enemy is on very low level compared to ur team.
    want people not attacking ? get all cover max for 3 star and 4 star wolv. and max his/her level. should be not many wan to try to challenge/retaliate. 115 ragm 200+ wolv x 100+ spidey, that's a threat
  • I think C. Storm is a bigger problem in PvE, especially in the current Heroic mode. I can almost guarantee that the top level players with an insane amount of points in the leader boards have a high level C. Storm and abuse her Raging Tempest ability against the enemy. They could easily farm point this way and brush past the opposition, keeping everyone else below the top 50, even 100 rank. That ability alone gives no challenge at all in PvE and gives easy wins, this seriously needs a change if future events like this are planned for the future.
  • "waaahhh c.storm is so mainstreaaaam" it's to easy to use! i hate people for using her!

bla..bla..blaa...

instead of complaining , why don't they use her?

as the above stated, fighting team with cstorm is fun. one wrong step and the result would be dramatic.

there should be more character like c.storm, makes us to think more before matching tiles.

btw, if sometime most people have max c.magneto, c.doom. someone will scream to nerf those character.
    ragnarok is much more deadly than c.storm. c.storm fragile and it's easy to kill her ,period.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    I think C. Storm is a bigger problem in PvE, especially in the current Heroic mode. I can almost guarantee that the top level players with an insane amount of points in the leader boards have a high level C. Storm and abuse her Raging Tempest ability against the enemy. They could easily farm point this way and brush past the opposition, keeping everyone else below the top 50, even 100 rank. That ability alone gives no challenge at all in PvE and gives easy wins, this seriously needs a change if future events like this are planned for the future.

Some of the heroic missions seem to be designed this way intentionally. But truthfully, don't most players have a reasonably high level Storm at this point? And if they didn't before, it seems like there was plenty of opportunity with the Thor tournament. Of course, some people may just not like using the character, which I suppose would be a fair point if they did design those missions with her in mind.
This discussion has been closed.