Introduction amidst the demise

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm a 3-week old player, am currently progressing fairly well into the game. For the time I've been playing and investing in the game, I think sometimes getting within top 10 of an event is a pretty okay achievement. It has been tough though; the game is not friendly to new players, especially casual ones.

I came to MPQ to leave LoL addiction. I quitted LoL completely, and MPQ seemed to be a good reason for a semi-casual layback alternative. (It's starting to get NOT FUN anymore, but more frustrating.. I'm sure most of you know.)

And this is why I've decided to make a forum account.

PVE aspects = Storyline is "fine".. Nobody really pays attention to it; what people really want is to get more covers and collect/trophy/level-up some of their favorite Marvel heroes. I am a DCU fan, but superheroes are everybody's liking. But at the start, without any proper guidelines, I had such a rough time through prologue. The progress doesnt scale well with the enemy levels. At the very least, it provides a challenge though. Still, like currently how the system is set to knock out at least one of your characters each match (230s matches.. which I've never completed one at all before).. that was my prologue experience. PVE storyline in forms of timed events just kills the fun and interest that people expect. I was really disappointed when things just ended at prologue.. Now, with all the Maggias levelling like crazy and your superheroes are like cardboard targets to their guns.. Come on, you call this a superhero game? Pfft. Guns > Superhero? Why can't my Punisher one shot Maggias then? No tommy gun? Tommy gun > Bazooka.

PVP aspects = Stupid MMR system. 2 weeks into the game and I'm facing people with characters with levels 30 above mine.. especially Thorverines and other OP combos. Even now, OBWs and Wolvies are everywhere; new and casual players can't really even get enough covers to level up characters.

Sigh, I hope MPQ gets better, or I'd really have to give up my cover-collecting-excitement and move on to something else.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sigh, I hope MPQ gets better, or I'd really have to give up my cover-collecting-excitement and move on to something else.
    I'm thinking I should buy a 3DS and just start playing Pokémon. There are no in-app purchases in Pokémon, right?
  • Hello everyone!

I'm a 3-week old player, am currently progressing fairly well into the game. For the time I've been playing and investing in the game, I think sometimes getting within top 10 of an event is a pretty okay achievement. It has been tough though; the game is not friendly to new players, especially casual ones.

I came to MPQ to leave LoL addiction. I quitted LoL completely, and MPQ seemed to be a good reason for a semi-casual layback alternative. (It's starting to get NOT FUN anymore, but more frustrating.. I'm sure most of you know.)

PVE aspects = Storyline is "fine".. Nobody really pays attention to it; what people really want is to get more covers and collect/trophy/level-up some of their favorite Marvel heroes. I am a DCU fan, but superheroes are everybody's liking. But at the start, without any proper guidelines, I had such a rough time through prologue. The progress doesnt scale well with the enemy levels. At the very least, it provides a challenge though. Still, like currently how the system is set to knock out at least one of your characters each match (230s matches.. which I've never completed one at all before).. that was my prologue experience. PVE storyline in forms of timed events just kills the fun and interest that people expect. I was really disappointed when things just ended at prologue.. Now, with all the Maggias levelling like crazy and your superheroes are like cardboard targets to their guns.. Come on, you call this a superhero game? Pfft. Guns > Superhero? Why can't my Punisher one shot Maggias then? No tommy gun? Tommy gun > Bazooka.

PVP aspects = Stupid MMR system. 2 weeks into the game and I'm facing people with characters with levels 30 above mine.. especially Thorverines and other OP combos. Even now, OBWs and Wolvies are everywhere; new and casual players can't really even get enough covers to level up characters.

You seem intelligent for only being 3 weeks old. Neither if my kids could sit up on their own let alone type. Lol j/k
    Have fun making colors n stuff.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    I'm thinking I should buy a 3DS and just start playing Pokémon. There are no in-app purchases in Pokémon, right?

Many wrong times to ride a bike though. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Hello everyone!

Move on before you're hit with months of disappointment. The developers have stated on numerous occasions they're looking to monetize the game more, not make it enjoyable. Patches like this are just the beginning. It's sad really.
  • Lokanna wrote:
    Move on before you're hit with months of disappointment. The developers have stated on numerous occasions they're looking to monetize the game more, not make it enjoyable. Patches like this are just the beginning. It's sad really.

Planning on giving it some time until end of Thick of Thieves event.. And see what happens next. Most probably quitting.. The game doesn't show much promise anymore.

How can a player who has only played this game for 3 weeks contend lv230s?
  • I share your frustration. I have been very curious to hear how a newer player was experiencing the changes and the game in general.

Also, If you've placed top 10 in events already then I think you've done way better than me. I've only been top 10 twice in almost three months.

I myself enjoyed the prologue story, so much so that I started watching Marvel: Agents of Shield.
  • I have to say this again.

If you're only three weeks in and iron man 35 is your most leveled hero you're not supposed to be able to beat all the events.

What the hell is the point of getting more better covers and leveling if you can beat the end bosses with any old team.

I have a decent mid level team. I can now finish those of events.without boosts just barely. But I have to be smart. Deny tiles. Play efficiently.

I'm happy to have some challenge back. The last days of rainbow boosts and op wolvie were too easy.

What do you get out of a game that is so easy?
  • aboudreau wrote:
    I have to say this again.

If you're only three weeks in and iron man 35 is your most leveled hero you're not supposed to be able to beat all the events.

What the hell is the point of getting more better covers and leveling if you can beat the end bosses with any old team.

I have a decent mid level team. I can now finish those of events.without boosts just barely. But I have to be smart. Deny tiles. Play efficiently.

I'm happy to have some challenge back. The last days of rainbow boosts and op wolvie were too easy.

What do you get out of a game that is so easy?

My highest characters are lv77 Ares, lv61 Thor and lv60 Cstorm - The rest include lv50 and below characters like IM35, Wolvie, Punisher, MBW, Patch, lucky draw of a cover of Invisible Woman, OBW and several others.

Three weeks in, I get all these because I admit I play quite a lot, and I try my best in events to get rewards and covers. And it has been a drag and frustrating process to do this, because I basically have to spend time and effort to win and keep up my rankings.. against so many opponents of higher level and OP Thorverines on the way.

I guess I am part of the top percentiles of new players that play fairly much (addiction to drawing covers).. but it has been a frustrating process rather than fun, to try and feed the addiction by frustration of gameplay.

And no, I don't spend on this game.. Always wanted to, but the only time I actually spent was on a 3-hour shield, pre-price-doubling. Maybe some people would think "Oh, you didn't even spend much on this game; in what place are you to complain?" I'm complaining about the fun I should have while playing a Free-to-play game.
  • Hello everyone!

why quit League of Legend while u can enjoy both,,, just saying since i play both at the same time.. hehe icon_mrgreen.gif
  • DX_das wrote:
    Hello everyone!

why quit League of Legend while u can enjoy both,,, just saying since i play both at the same time.. hehe icon_mrgreen.gif

Haha, takes up a lot of time and makes one emotionally aggressive.. especially when losing. Just don't want to walk down that path..
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess I am part of the top percentiles of new players that play fairly much (addiction to drawing covers).. but it has been a frustrating process rather than fun, to try and feed the addiction by frustration of gameplay.

And no, I don't spend on this game.. Always wanted to, but the only time I actually spent was on a 3-hour shield, pre-price-doubling. Maybe some people would think "Oh, you didn't even spend much on this game; in what place are you to complain?" I'm complaining about the fun I should have while playing a Free-to-play game.

You're having the fun you should have playing a free to play game. There is also frustration because if you give everyone everything they want for free most people will never pay and you go broke. There has to be some value for those who spend money.

You can get beyond the hurdles by grinding away at lightning rounds and PvE events and getting the standard character tokens which will flesh out your own Thorverine and OBWs. But they will take time to accumulate because you're not going to pay money to short circuit the process and there is a limited number of tokens you can get and not all of them will be helpful.
  • Eddiemon wrote:

You're having the fun you should have playing a free to play game. There is also frustration because if you give everyone everything they want for free most people will never pay and you go broke. There has to be some value for those who spend money.

You can get beyond the hurdles by grinding away at lightning rounds and PvE events and getting the standard character tokens which will flesh out your own Thorverine and OBWs. But they will take time to accumulate because you're not going to pay money to short circuit the process and there is a limited number of tokens you can get and not all of them will be helpful.

My thoughts exactly. I also played this game never buying anything but cover slots. I had a one star team for while till I got enough wolvie covers. Then some hulk from that event some Ares from the next one and now I have an okay team. Best three are hulk 92 Ares 85 wolvie 85. Now I can compete. It's a progression and its supposed to be that way. Now I'm trying to level my other three stars. If you could beat all comers fro the get go what would be the fun I. Getting new covers?