Roster/team help for PvP

Options
Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in Roster and Level Help
This is my roster, I've been playing for about 6 months:
http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/AkariKamigishi/

I cannot hit 800 regularly in pvp, and have a lot of trouble breaking top 50, just due to lack of playable variation in my teams (or because I don't really know my own roster's synergy). Disclaimer: My Beast needs to go from 544 to 553, and my GSBW needs to go from 445 to 535... someday, maybe. When I get lucky.

My go to team has simply been Beast Falcon Surfer/Psylocke/Thor3 because I don't feel my other 3 stars are leveled up enough in the real damage or defense areas. I'm looking for any other possible rainbow teams with my current roster... I just started reading the forums and I've been kind of sad because it seems most of the covers I have at decent level are considered to be lower tier, so I might just have to wait it out or something?

Also, I have one more pvp question. What determines the defensive team I set when I stop playing?

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    [...]
    Also, I have one more pvp question. What determines the defensive team I set when I stop playing?
    its the team you played when you last won
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    moved to Roster and Level Help
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It kind of seems like team-balancing and premature leveling of your fully covered 3* has screwed you a bit.

I have dozens of 3* team pairings but I'm still not bumping my 4*s above 172, well, except for XFW. He's 225.
  • Akari
    Options
    How would leveling everyone up affect my luck in collecting covers though? I took a closer look at my pvp brackets and many of the people in the top 30+ are shielded at 1000+ so there's no way I could beat them anyway. I think my current roster has trouble with a lot of maxed characters as it is, or maybe I'm just too scared of certain characters because of my lack of roster synergy.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    How would leveling everyone up affect my luck in collecting covers though? I took a closer look at my pvp brackets and many of the people in the top 30+ are shielded at 1000+ so there's no way I could beat them anyway. I think my current roster has trouble with a lot of maxed characters as it is, or maybe I'm just too scared of certain characters because of my lack of roster synergy.

In pvp, it doesn't hurt you much, but could make it more difficult to score covers in pve. Unfortunately pvp placement has gotten a lot harder over the last few months as more and more people are fully covering all 3*s and shooting for 1k or more.

You did max some lower tier characters, no one is afraid to hit beast and falcon, no matter what level they are. GSBW is strong (once you get that 5th green cover), but so sloooow that everyone knows they can down her before she can get enough green to do any damage.

Covers matter more than levels so focus on whatever means you have available to obtain more. Right now that's DDQ and pve. Get in a top 100 pve alliance and grind it out for a while to build up your team.
  • Akari
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Akari wrote:

In pvp, it doesn't hurt you much, but could make it more difficult to score covers in pve. Unfortunately pvp placement has gotten a lot harder over the last few months as more and more people are fully covering all 3*s and shooting for 1k or more.

You did max some lower tier characters, no one is afraid to hit beast and falcon, no matter what level they are. GSBW is strong (once you get that 5th green cover), but so sloooow that everyone knows they can down her before she can get enough green to do any damage.

Covers matter more than levels so focus on whatever means you have available to obtain more. Right now that's DDQ and pve. Get in a top 100 pve alliance and grind it out for a while to build up your team.

Hmm, ok. I guess I'm still in transition mode then while waiting for covers. I've only just started heavily investing into pve - I always got the highest reward cover but never aimed for top 150 until a couple weeks back, especially with the legendary token now. I just pulled 2 Cage covers randomly last night, that's a good start.