Levelling Advice

Options
Druss
Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2015 in Roster and Level Help
Need to get some forumite views as don't know what to do now?

A bit of background - On day 560 odd with a roster of 104 (quite a few 3* duplicates @ Lv 41, fully covered). Virtually all 3* maxed @ Lv166. I also have a maxed (Lv270 XF & Fury)

I am finally in a position where I no longer need iso!! (taken about a year to get the 6 million odd I needed). I am not keen on the PvP mechanic of shield-hopping so rarely go much beyond 700 & still enjoy playing PvE despite difficult scaling. On completing my Fury my scaling jumped significantly.

I have a Lv 166 IW (fully covered) & also a Lv166 Thoress (fully covered but 5/5/3 - which I think isn't optimum) Also Devil Dino @ Lv166 but only 2/2/5 covered. My other 4* range from Lv 70 - 140 with 1-7 covers, all fully levelled as far as possible at the moment.

So my question:

What do I do now?

option 1 - Hoard iso to level 4* if I ever get any. (Sounds boring!)
option 2 - Level Thoress to 270 & maybe IW as well - shying away from this at the moment for fear of PvE scaling issues.
option 3 - See what happens anniversary week (hardly a long term solution).
option 4 - Start levelling the best of the duplicates.

in game name Druss666, alliance "Stans Lees" if you wish to look at my roster in more detail.

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    My friend, you need to wait and see what goodies D3 has in store for us at the anniversary. I strongly encourage you to wait.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    re: lvling up roster. Your alliance is hardcore pve group. So the question is does a max 270 actually give you benefit in pve or not? If you happen to have dups of your 270s, I would seriously consider selling the max guys to reduce scaling. But do note that the scaling may not get reduced right away.

Now, if you were paying for shield and pushing for 1k+ in pvp, then I would have suggested keeping the 270s instead. Since your priority is different, I think holding 270s is pushing you back in competitive pve.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mod Note: Moved to Tips and Guides
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Killed it in other words
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Druss wrote:
    option 1 - Hoard iso to level 4* if I ever get any. (Sounds boring!)
    option 2 - Level Thoress to 270 & maybe IW as well - shying away from this at the moment for fear of PvE scaling issues.
    option 3 - See what happens anniversary week (hardly a long term solution).
    option 4 - Start levelling the best of the duplicates.

in game name Druss666, alliance "Stans Lees" if you wish to look at my roster in more detail.

If you level 4Thor and IW to go along with your XFW and Fury, and all 3*s maxed, you have the roster to walk to 1k in PVP in a single shot to get covers for the ones you are missing.

If you have hoarded HP, i would wait and see what anniversary week gives us, and go from there, if you have spare HP after anniversary week, find a 4* you think will help you and buy a couple covers.

I did notice, when i had initially brought 2 characters to 150+ while no-one else was above 100.. my PVE scaling got nasty.. bringing a 3rd and 4th.. made it more manageable actually, levels did not go up in the events, but my ability to handle them absolutely did.