Seeing hackers with new roster display system

Options
2»

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    IceIX, don't you find a little insane having to lose/retreat to be able to play?
    You don't have to, but it does help. And yes, I'd say it's suboptimal having to sacrifice a bunch of characters in retreating constantly.

But if you have a bunch of level 1 covers they recover so quickly that it is much more efficient than actively trying to win battles...If this works as well in PVP to make it so that you only get easy opponents for the entire round it seems kind of unfair?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Stillhart wrote:
    I find it REALLY odd that "tanking" is acknowledged by the devs as a viable strategy. This is clearly an exploit and the fact that it's accepted means that the devs know they have a problem. Why don't you just fix it?

Tanking is so counter-intuitive, nobody who isn't on the forums would have ANY CLUE that you could do this. Not only that but it's just not fun IMO...
    We've fixed tanking in PVP to a large extent. It's still doable (since the methods of doing so are the same methods that someone losing legitimately would have) but you'll bounce back up much quicker. Tanking your scaling in PVE is a bit different of a situation. It'll get fixed up as well.
  • How is it fair that a person with a level 22 astonishing wolverine may of out score a person with a level 101 patch 100 I'm 40... pretty silly to have to compete with that.
    We don't even belong in the same bracket. ... don't think tanking alone or rubber banding would be right.
    I scored 2670 for those of you wondering if I had a low overall score....
  • IceIX wrote:
    IceIX, don't you find a little insane having to lose/retreat to be able to play?
    You don't have to, but it does help. And yes, I'd say it's suboptimal having to sacrifice a bunch of characters in retreating constantly.

IceIX, you say that I don't have to, but without tanking I can't play the PVE. And don't like to waste time tanking to play as I have little time to play.

I liked the idea of PVE re-playable enemies leveling up, but their level are rising too fast, and using all players in the math only make it worse. Also, each sub-event should restart the enemies to a base level and starting to level up as you go beating them. I'll say, I like to read the story, but I can't pass now the first battle as soon the sub starts.
    This was the first online game I ever spent money. It sums up a lot of things I like. I just want to keep playing but it is impossible to me.
    For example, can't play PVE because of what I said before, and PVP, because of MMR, I can't fight too, because there's only too strong teams for me to play against.

Both PVP and PVE is asking for tanking a.k.a. losing on purpose. And that is not funny. I understand the balancing and, somehow, the changing of price for the +3 rainbow boost. But I can't understand making the game only playable, without losing-on-purpose, for those with really high level team.
    Think about it for all the mid players that are doing great now in the events. Soon they will start to experience the MMR HELL too. Mostly will not be happy. Like me.

I'll wait to see where the game goes, for now I just fight once a day to reclain my daily rewards.

Best regards.
  • In this Lightning Round I found players like BaconMagic do not show a roster. They clearly have hacked into the server to hide this data. I believe their leader is BattleAngel, who always conveniently has a high level featured character in ANY tournament. Although nobody probably has ever played this mysterious player, I believe he/she is the ringleader of group of hackers.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    In this Lightning Round I found players like BaconMagic do not show a roster. They clearly have hacked into the server to hide this data. I believe their leader is BattleAngel, who always conveniently has a high level featured character in ANY tournament. Although nobody probably has ever played this mysterious player, I believe he/she is the ringleader of group of hackers.
    Freakin' Batt1eAnge1. We've banned her a dozen times... she just keeps finding her way back into the game and somehow even gets her banned name back!
  • Phantron wrote:
    In this Lightning Round I found players like BaconMagic do not show a roster. They clearly have hacked into the server to hide this data. I believe their leader is BattleAngel, who always conveniently has a high level featured character in ANY tournament. Although nobody probably has ever played this mysterious player, I believe he/she is the ringleader of group of hackers.

I think I played battleangel once..ever. too hardcore for me. So hardcore they jack thier score DOWN just so they can troll low levels..the bastards.

Also..yea..is the new view roster not on androids then? Kinda weak if so...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah, you need to actually download the new patch in order to see the display system. Check if its up on the Android marketplace.
  • I think most people would just go to a corner and cry if we can see what BattleAngel's roster looks like.