Good-bye, New Players

Options
Boosts costs doubled and the good stockpile now costs HP.
Honestly, I don't mind that much. My characters are strong enough to handle themselves.
But what are new players supposed to do. They need iso to level their characters. What little HP they get they need for cover slots.
They'll just spend the whole time getting kicked in the face trying to place in events. The greed is a bit much imo.

Comments

• New players shouldn't be worrying about placing in events. They don't have the roster or the hero levels to do it, boosts or no boosts. I never used boosts when I was new. Hardly ever anyways. When I did it was just to quickly down an annoying hammer fight in the prologue.

I rarely try to use boost since I'm worried I would get dependent on them. They're nice to have for sure but in no way required. I tend to only use them when I've stockpiled 10 of them and I just want to use them for the fun of it.
  • Seriously all, play Marvel Heroes...I stopped playing for awhile because of this game, but am heading back...
  • New players shouldn't be worrying about placing in events.

Unfortunately this isn't how human psychology works and is the reason we have brackets in tournaments. Everyone wants to win. Wants to win the match-up, wants to win the tournament whatever. Saying to new/mid-game players 'oh no, you aren't SUPPOSED to be able to win, that's how we've designed the game, you're supposed to be happy for the chance to relentlessley grind ISO until you CAN have a chance to win' is rather horrid.

The game should give new players a chance to win against new players and mid game players the chance to win mid game players. not say 'oh! You won a few matches...now fight all of these max level characters'.
  • New players shouldn't be worrying about placing in events. They don't have the roster or the hero levels to do it, boosts or no boosts. I never used boosts when I was new. Hardly ever anyways. When I did it was just to quickly down an annoying hammer fight in the prologue.

I rarely try to use boost since I'm worried I would get dependent on them. They're nice to have for sure but in no way required. I tend to only use them when I've stockpiled 10 of them and I just want to use them for the fun of it.
    All there is to do in this game are the events. People are supposed to play and not care about doing well? I started winning PVP events when my 2 stars were in their 60s. Now with nerfs, high costs for boosts, and borked matchmaking this is impossible.
  • abuelo wrote:
    New players shouldn't be worrying about placing in events.

Unfortunately this isn't how human psychology works and is the reason we have brackets in tournaments. Everyone wants to win. Wants to win the match-up, wants to win the tournament whatever. Saying to new/mid-game players 'oh no, you aren't SUPPOSED to be able to win, that's how we've designed the game, you're supposed to be happy for the chance to relentlessley grind ISO until you CAN have a chance to win' is rather horrid.

The game should give new players a chance to win against new players and mid game players the chance to win mid game players. not say 'oh! You won a few matches...now fight all of these max level characters'.

Agree with abuelo - I started 3 weeks ago. Have about 5-10 covers for patch, punisher and ares all from placing in tournaments. This would not have been possible without boosting. I actually think boosting is key to a beginner having a real shot at a building a team in a short period of time. Charging HP for boosts is one step closer to removing any fun for those who don't want massive amounts of $$$. And I'm not cheap, I've strategically spent money on roster spots.