This game needs more X-Factor: Jamie Madrox

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited August 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
xfactor-262.jpg

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 10420 HPs.
Jamie Madrox. Multiple Man.[/color]

blackflag.png Too many hands in the pot
x-men_multiple_man_jamie_maddrox_comic_book_01.jpg

Jamie's clones all chime in, whenever his colors are matched. Destroy another blacktile.png AP whenever a match is made and gain that AP.
Rank 2. Destroy another purpletile.png tile whenever a match is made. Gain AP.
Rank 3. Destroy another yellowtile.png tile whenever a match is made. Gain AP.
Rank 4. On match 5, create a :clone: tile.
Rank 5. Deal additional match damage for every :clone: in play.

purpleflag.png Everyone follow me. 11 AP.
020710multipleman.jpg
Jamie's clones work for a common goal, stealing enemy resources and covering their traps. Steal one random AP, place one trap.png tile of strength 550.
Rank 2. Also create an attack.png tile of strength 150.
Rank 3. Also create a strike.png tile of strength 150.
Rank 4. AP steal up to 2.
Rank 5. ability duplicates for every clone tile in play.

yellowflag.png Which guy? This guy? 4 AP.
6a012875c28f4e970c01b8d062185f970c.jpg
Jamie makes a :clone: of himself, dealing additional damage and sundering enemy resources. Place a 3 turn countdown.png tile in play. While in play, Jamie deals additional match damage for every clone tile in play. For every :clone: in play, increase the ability cost by 2 AP.
Rank 2. countdown.png duration up to 4 turns.
Rank 3. Each :clone: also destroys a team-up tile whenever he deals match damage.
Rank 4. countdown.png duration up to 6 turns.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    TIL Jamie Madrox is an actual hero and not an forum username
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Today I learned what TIL means. Mmmmm, reductive.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Multiple Man is a great person to use.. and so much you could do with him. I love this set!

As for OUR Jamie, here is The Legend:
    [anchor=invisible4]Jamie Madrox (Chuck Norris)[/anchor]
    5 Star Rarity (Cosmic) Discussion link. Wiki link.
    At Max Level: HP: irrelevant Tile damage:999/999/999/999/999/999/999.0
      Blinding Crotch PASSIVE redtile.png
      (Passive) The power of the Madrox is too much for mere man. If the enemy team so much as looks at the screen, convert all tiles into protect tiles.
        Level 2: Converts all current and future tiles into protect tiles. Level 3: Converts all current, future, and past tiles into protect tiles. Level 4: Converts all current, future, and past tiles for this and all subsequent games into protect tiles. Level 5: Locks the enemy team out of MPQ until the end of the current event.
        Crotch Enlightenment 3 purpletile.png
        To gaze upon Madrox is to find the meaning of life. Puts the enemy team into a euphoric trance-like state and steals 1 AP of every color.
          Level 2: Steals 2 AP of every color. Level 3: Steals 3 AP of every color. Level 4: Steals AP and all event rating points. Level 5: Total enlightenment. All event rating points earned by the enemy team are attributed to Madrox in perpetuity.
          Rainbow Crotch Blast PASSIVE greentile.png
          (Passive) Madrox unleashes power heretofore unseen by mortal beings; the power that put the universe in motion stored deep in his undergarments. Convert all TU tiles to critical tiles.
            Level 2: Also converts enemy strike tiles. Level 3: Also converts enemy countdown tiles. Level 4: Converts every tile into a critical tile and calls upon his pet minion Devil Dinosaur to replace the top left corner tile into a purple tile. Level 5: None can resist the call of Madrox. Summons every hero in the MPQ-niverse to perform one random special move. (Does not require but consumes all enemy AP).
        • GuntherBlobel
          GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
          Options
          I love Multiple Man.

Now if I remember correctly, he makes a clone any time he takes a good hit (or stomps the ground).

His clone generation could also be a passive, a la Hulk and Cap Marv.
        • Malcrof
          Options
          Put a little thought into it. His clones are for misdirection and to confuse/weaken the enemy team.

How about this, a little bit of energy absorption with a touch of mischief.

yellowflag.png Which Guy? This Guy? Whenever Jamie take over 5% of his HP in damage, places a 2 turn countdown.png that generates 1 purpleflag.png and 1 greenflag.png ap per turn.

Scaling adds AP colors and adds turns to timer.

He would be great as a utility AP generator.

Could also be a 3* elektra black type thing, when he takes damage, tile is destroyed but he only takes 1 damage, oops you got the wrong guy!
        • Buret0
          Buret0 Posts: 1,591
          Options
          I don't know that forum mods should be part of the MPQ universe...

wait wat?
        • Unknown
          Options
          I've discovered that I love reading these speculation threads.

If Jamie is hit hard enough he creates a dupe and resultingly only feels half the impact of the hit. This is pretty easy to implement in the game. Almost doesn't need an explanation: create a clone tile on hits over a certain strength, halve damage.

However if a dupe is killed Jamie gets some very severe psychological repercussions. If the dupe is matched by player's team Jamie absorbs the dupe and recovers health (or AP), if the dupe is matched by enemy team Madrox Prime takes damage.

As an active skill, we could have Jamie deliberately create hidden dupes (trap tiles). If trap tiles are in play when the damage reduction dupe is created the trap tiles reveal themselves to the enemy, but the enemy doesn't know which dupes are the decoy dupes or which one is the vulnerable dupe. If the enemy matches a decoy dupe it has been prepared for and the enemy takes damage proportional to number of dupes in play.

I'm really pleased with that idea.
        • Malcrof
          Options
          Grantosium wrote:
          Madrox Prime .

You just created the new PVE for any Age of Apocalypse character release.
        • Unknown
          Options
          Malcrof wrote:
          Grantosium wrote:
          Madrox Prime .

You just created the new PVE for any Age of Apocalypse character release.

I would definitely play that. I'm going to hope the devs notice.
        • JamieMadrox
          JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          hexad_2808 wrote:
          TIL Jamie Madrox is an actual hero and not an forum username
          I'm both.
          I love Multiple Man.
          I love you too.
          Now if I remember correctly, he makes a clone any time he takes a good hit (or stomps the ground).
          Kinetic energy. Initially it was taking a hit, but eventually it evolved in to something that could be controlled so something as minor as snapping fingers can create a dupe.
          His clone generation could also be a passive, a la Hulk and Cap Marv.
          The duplication power has two major components. It creates an exact replica, and when that replica dies the original retains what the replica has learned. translating that in to a power would likely end up looking like this:

Trigger: Passive/when damage is taken
          Result: Creates a special tile (dupe) on opponent's strongest colour.
          Effects: Jamie takes no direct damage (only AoE) until tile is destroyed (the dupe takes the damage). Destroying the tile (killing the dupe) gives Jamie's team xAP in their strongest coour (useful knowledge retained).
        • Jathro
          Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
          Options
          No ability named "Pok!"...? For shame

For that matter, how does no iteration of Wolvie have a "Snikt!" ability?