Answering A Few Questions: Developer Comments (07/27/15)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2015 in ATPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your recent questions about Adventure Time Puzzle Quest. Chris from WayForward wanted to provide you with a few acknowledgements and answers. Read on!

Question) Jake sometimes will not heal when matching PB's healing tiles. It seems to have more success when cascaded, in a match 4, or destroyed by an egg tile. Other characters in my party seem to use them without problem. Is this just a bug or does Jake's taunt make heals affect him differently?

Answer) Unfortunately, this is a bug that we are working to fix ASAP.

Question) When using Monster Heart Cupcakes, it appears that it may take multiple cupcakes to level an ability. Is there a way to tell how many it takes for each level?

Answer) Each ability has 3 ranks, meaning you can level an ability 3 times! Each rank grants a boost to that ability or changes it’s functionality. For example, when increasing the rank of Finn’s Column Crusher ability, you can target which column the ability crushes instead of it being random.

Question) Character info panels contain the following information: "Level 99 Rogue Defender / Attack Power 9999 / Maximum Health: 9999". This information appears in each character box. Is this supposed to represent max stats at max level or are they supposed to reflect current level stats? If the former, where can I find the current level's stats?

Answer) A bug that we are working on. Correct info coming soon!

Question) The Hero Coin/Magic Dust cost associated with crafting: is this a required cost to complete the crafted item in addition to the materials or is this an alternate cost?

Answer) The cost is in addition to the materials. If you do not have enough materials, you can craft it for double the currency cost.

Question) Is there a way to get more detailed ability information? It appears that Finn's Column Crusher ability is as follows:
lvl 1: Destroy a random column
lvl 2: Destroy selected column
lvl 3: Destroy a + on selected tile
It would be great if there were a way to get more detailed ability information such as cost, damage, duration, or other effects.

Answer) The listed levels are correct and it costs 8 AP to perform. We will work to get better information on abilities into the game in a future version.

Question) Related note: Is there a way to see current "AP" levels or stores during combat? Super cool that you can store AP and boards during multi-battle nodes though.

Answer) We like that feature, too! We will take a look into adding this info.

Question) Roster Slots?

Answer) We are considering cost adjustments for Roster Slots.

Question) When attacking multiple characters, I'll sometimes switch to a full health target to use an ability as not to overkill the one I was attacking. If this results in the second target dying, the first goes back to full health.

Answer) Sorry, this is a bug. We are working on a fix ASAP.

Question) How on earth are you supposed to know how many pickles you have?

Answer) If you have Pickles, the Pickle Jar on the Prismo screen will say "Free" instead of "Buy."

Question) Why does the game freeze if you try to play with a level 99 character? It will always freeze after you win a battle, right before you would go to the reward screen. Now I can't use my best dude. Well, I can, if I want to restart the game (Including setting my characters and items back up, as they get forgotten every time) after every fight.

Answer) Another bug. We're squashing it ASAP.

Question) If you have an ability that wipes out multiple enemies at the same time, and there are enemies in reserve still, sometimes the enemies will disappear, but the game thinks its their turn (because there are still more enemies that should have come out) and will essentially lock up (waiting for the not-there enemies to attack).

Answer) Apologies, we are working to fix this bug ASAP.

Please reach out to Customer Support if you experience any issues and they will be happy to assist: www.d3go.com/mobile-games-support

Comments

• Thanks very much for the answers!
    Answer) If you have Pickles, the Pickle Jar on the Prismo screen will say "Free" instead of "Buy."
    Only the very first Pickle Jar says "Free", though, and I'm positive that I should have enough pickles for the x5 (Or maybe even the x15) Pickle Jars. Since there is no Pickle counter, that makes trying to save up a specific amount of Pickles very difficult. I guess I should have been counting them as I earned them, but even so (If I have 15 Pickles), I can't tell if Prismo is going to charge 6000 Dust if I try to open the x15 Pickle Jar when only the x1 Pickle Jar says "free".
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    JaiDeliete wrote:
    Only the very first Pickle Jar says "Free", though, and I'm positive that I should have enough pickles for the x5 (Or maybe even the x15) Pickle Jars. Since there is no Pickle counter, that makes trying to save up a specific amount of Pickles very difficult. I guess I should have been counting them as I earned them, but even so (If I have 15 Pickles), I can't tell if Prismo is going to charge 6000 Dust if I try to open the x15 Pickle Jar when only the x1 Pickle Jar says "free".

If you receive pickles from quests (loot bags or treasure chests) they will always be singles. If you collected 15 single pickles you will have to use the x1 pickle jar to redeem them all.

We have the option to buy pickles in bulk x5 or x15 if you buy/save up enough dust/coins.

Hope this helps! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Is there an ETA on when a batch of bug fixes are coming?
    I'm on android and there are some pretty huge bugs that are making it almost impossible to progress.
    - One of the only gold characters I've drawn is a Gru... all his skills are grey boxes and the only one that does anything is his bronze.
    - The healing tile bug is another huge one, and it's certainly not exclusive to Jake. They don't work on my FP at all.

I've enjoyed the game for 2 days but now I'm at the point where I'm just grinding the same levels and selling characters until I draw LSP icon_eek.gif
  • JaiDeliete wrote:

If you receive pickles from quests (loot bags or treasure chests) they will always be singles. If you collected 15 single pickles you will have to use the x1 pickle jar to redeem them all.

We have the option to buy pickles in bulk x5 or x15 if you buy/save up enough dust/coins.

Hope this helps! icon_e_smile.gif
    Oh, woah. Ok, that makes a lot more sense to me, now! Thanks.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    OMBlah wrote:
    Is there an ETA on when a batch of bug fixes are coming?

As soon as possible - meaning as soon as we can get approvals and get it into player's hands. A huge batch of fixes are already done and we're working on more beyond that. We're shooting for days, not weeks.
  • I cant equip or use any items & trinket.
    And everytime I got silver star flame princess, in recruit is always shown as bronze star chara.

Please fix these bugs.
  • How do I level up the star of my heroes???