Lightning tournaments shouldnt have deductions for defenses

Options
It would cut down on frustration, and be in line with the spirit of the style of tournament, to just have points won on attack and no points lost on defense. It encourages players to play the entire 90 minutes instead of waiting 45 minutes before making their dash up the ranks. It would also cut down the frustration of flukingly getting hit by 4 guys right as time expires.

I'm fine with the current system for regular tournaments though.

Comments

• DumDumDugn wrote:
    It would cut down on frustration, and be in line with the spirit of the style of tournament, to just have points won on attack and no points lost on defense. It encourages players to play the entire 90 minutes instead of waiting 45 minutes before making their dash up the ranks. It would also cut down the frustration of flukingly getting hit by 4 guys right as time expires.

I'm fine with the current system for regular tournaments though.

+1
  • so brilliantly obvious and simple to implement, i like this! i'm one of those get 100 pts first 5 minutes then wait until the final 30min of the tourney to make the dash since it's all erased otherwise... your suggestion would make it a true 90 minute blitz to the top. even if i start 30 min late i still think i would feel i'd have a chance to make it if i pick the right opponents as they'll be higher in rank and worth more per win.

losing points is a nuisance in any tournament but especially in a lightning tourney as those 4 losses in the final 5 min cause a much bigger swing, it's usually -80 to -100 pts but i only have 350 pts to start not 800 pts in a couple day long tourney
  • I give up. Even if you're rushing at the last minute you're losing points the same rate you are gaining them. Being able to land in top 100 is completely luck dependent and boils down to whether the tournament is going to end 30 seconds after you complete your most recent match or 30 seconds before you can finish it.