I think the new 300HP tourney needs progression awards

Options
I've posted threads on this tourney on both the Steam discussion and the Neogaf boards. So far the general consensus is folks saying they are already invested in other tourneys that have 3 star rewards, and other progression awards making their standard investments in shields, iso AP boosts and eventually char slots for new acquisitions earned like Daredevil...well...just a more rewarding prospect for them. In general, only lower leveled or super high leveled "whales" seem interested as one sees it as a cash in opportunity where they either gain a 2 star or a more and the other sees it as a chance to offset their regular spending.

I suggest adding progression rewards to it as well to sweeten the pot to more players. As is with other tourneys running that already have great rewards for rare powerhouses like Patch, Punisher, Ares and even new stuff like Daredevil it just feels like folks will skip the investment of entering this tourney.

Comments

• People really don't understand the gameplay balance mechanics. I don't know if it's deliberate or an accident, but 'Avengers only' basically rules out all the typical powerhouse characterers that the 'elite' have. The backbone of most teams is still going to be Wolverine and Thor. Stop being intimidated by level 141 GSBW or IM40. There's a reason why we often see Thor/Wolverine over those level 141 characters even against guys who have level 141 characters, because Thor/Wolverine are way ahead on the power curve versus most 3* characters.
  • Last Avengers was about the most boring event possible.

And the prize structure looks just terrible matched to admission fee (+ likely expenses). And we have the cheaters yet unaddressed while running a tournament with this tremendous difference at very top?

The forum is heated enough, I just imagine what will be here should jacobpc win the 10k HP.