MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In August, 2015 *Updated 8/19

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In August, 2015

MPQ faithful! We know you’re always eager for insider info on what’s coming up next in the game. With that in mind, we are going to start providing a sneak peek each month, taking a look at what’s on-tap. So, without further delay - dive into August!

*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.

CHARACTERS

The newest character to be released in August has been revealed as Sam Wilson, the All-New Captain America! Check out his character thread here for all the details.

1* character revealed as Spider-Man (Original)! For screens visit the D3 Go! blog. For stats & chat visit the Spider-Man (Original) Character thread.

This character will be arriving in September, but it's about time to put up the preview, so they'll be migrating over to that thread once that time arrives.
    Unknown (Coming Soon)
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
    At Max Level: HP: 13934 Tile Damage: 73/11/82/11/10/64/4.0x

Stun / Create Protect - 8 bluetile.png AP
    Stuns the enemy for 1 turn and also creates 2 Blue Protect tiles of strength 17.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Creates strength 34 Protect tiles. Level 3: Creates strength 52 Protect tiles. Level 4: Creates strength 60 Protect tiles and stuns for 2 turns. Level 5: Creates strength 103 Protect tiles and stuns for 3 turns.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Creates 2 strength 104 Protect tiles and stuns for 1 turn. Level 4: Creates 2 strength 120 Protect tiles and stuns for 2 turns. Level 5: Creates 2 strength 207 Protect tiles and stuns for 3 turns.

True heal self / Green AP Gen - yellowtile.png PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy matches a friendly special tile, this character heals for 409 and generates 1 Green AP for each other <Hero Family> member on the team.
    Dev note: The character will always (true) heal, the AP generation only procs with other members of a certain hero family.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Heals for 573. Level 3: Heals for 736. Level 4: Heals for 1063. Level 5: Heals for 1718.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Heals for 1460. Level 4: Heals for 2109. Level 5: Heals for 3406.

Countdown tile Damage Increase - 9 blacktile.png AP
    Places a 2-turn Countdown tile. (PASSIVE) While one of these tiles is on the board, friendly Red, Green and Yellow matches do an extra 146 and increase the duration of these tiles by 1.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 204 additional damage. Level 3: Deals 263 additional damage. Level 4: Places a 3-turn Countdown tile. Level 5: Deals 409 additional damage.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 522 additional damage, 2 turn Countdown tile. Level 4: Deals 522 additional damage, 3 turn Countdown tile. Level 5: Deals 812 additional damage, 3 turn Countdown tile.

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
      Villains - Nefarious Foes Daredevil - Blind Justice Vision - Made Man Kamala Khan - Teenage Riot

UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
      Enemy of the State Unstable Iso-8 (Sam Wilson New Character PVE!) Chapter 4 - Oscorp Heroic

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
      Captain Marvel - Black Iron Man (Model 40) - Blue Iron Fist - Purple Ragnarok - Red Kamala Khan - Purple
      Quicksilver - Blue ScarletWitch - Green Vision - Red Black Panther - Black Magneto - Blue

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
      8/13/15-8/19/15
      4* - Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Professor X
      3* - Blade, Hood, Psylocke, Ragnarok, Thor (Modern)
      2* - Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
      1* - Hawkeye (Classic), Storm (Modern)
        8/20/15-8/26/15
        4* - Kingpin, Thor (Goddess)
        3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Magneto, Punisher
        2* - Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Moonstone
        1* - Black Widow (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35)
          8/27/15-9/2/15
          4* - Jean Grey, Wolverine (X-Force)
          3* - Daken (Classic), Rocket & Groot, Sentry, Storm (Mohawk), Wolverine (Patch)
          2* - Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
          1* - Juggernaut, Venom
          8/3/15 IceIX Update: Added an additional character sneak peek. 1* incoming!
          8/5/15 IceIX Update: Added the next Deadpool Daily listing and the next buff set.
          8/5/15 [Hi-Fi] Update: 1* character revealed as Spider-Man (Original). Removed tease text. Added links to details.
          8/7/15 IceIX Update: Added the next Versus past Ragnarok, added precise dates to the weekly buffs.
          8/7/15 IceIX Update 2: Added next PVE past Chapter 2 Heroic.
          8/13/15 IceIX Update: Added next PVEs, next Versus Tournies, upcoming Deadpool Dailies, next buff list
          8/14/15 IceIX Update: Updated the upcoming character to reveal Sam Wilson
          8/19/15 IceIX Update: Upcoming PVEs, Versus, Dailies, and spoilerfree of the next new character coming in September!

Comments

• sinnerjfl
            sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
            Another star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png after DP, joy icon_rolleyes.gif
          • fmftint
            fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
            All new Captain America?
          • rbdragon
            rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
            This "Unknown" character looks decent.....albeit slightly familiar....
            ...kind of a mix of two characters even....
          • Cymmina
            Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
            "David wrote:
            Moore"]
            UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
              Falcon – Blue Psylocke – Blue Beast – Green Bullseye (Classic) – Black Captain America – Red

Not much of a "sneak peek", this info has been visible in game since this morning (possibly sooner?). Stockpiled tokens have already rolled over to the next group.
          • yogi_
            yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
            If this appears to be who it seems to appear to be, can the devs look at the lesser rankings of said character and maybe do a bit of a "lazifying" across the character - I was thinking particularly the Yellow (and maybe the Red for the lesser, lesser one).

This would make the lesser lesser character instantly more useable (very much needed) and possibly give an alternate build option to the lesser character.
          • GothicKratos
            GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
            These threads are a great step forward. Thanks for this!
          • Nooneelsesname
            Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
            Thank you for telling us the upcoming PvP schedule and boost list, super helpful for planning how to spend ISO.
          • TLCstormz
            TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
            yogi_ wrote:
            If this appears to be who it seems to appear to be, can the devs look at the lesser rankings of said character and maybe do a bit of a "lazifying" across the character - I was thinking particularly the Yellow (and maybe the Red for the lesser, lesser one).

This would make the lesser lesser character instantly more useable (very much needed) and possibly give an alternate build option to the lesser character.

Are we NOT allowed to guess using real names, or what?
          • mjh
            mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
            "David wrote:
            Moore"]
            Special Strengthen on Match - bluetile.png PASSIVE
            (PASSIVE) Whenever the team makes a Blue match, strengthens 1 friendly special tile by 22.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 29. Level 3: Also reduces the timer on a friendly Countdown tile by 1. Level 4: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 41. Level 5: Strengthens 2 friendly special tiles.
            Max Level
              Level 3: Strengthens 1 tile by 90. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1. Level 4: Strengthens 1 tile by 129. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1. Level 5: Strengthens 2 tiles by 129. Reduces 1 friendly Countdown by 1.

I mentioned a long time ago that all CD tiles are not created equal. This is a great time to bring up this point. icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png CD is on the board, now I make or cascade into a blue match and screw myself. Wonderful.

Before you guys address and fix issues in the game like above and balance **** characters like icon_quicksilver.png you insist on this relentless barrage of 4* characters over 1/2 your player base will NOT get to fully cover and level in the next 6 months, probably ever as they will quit before then
          • babinro
            babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
            New character opinions.

Yellow:
            Interesting skill idea but in reality it'll probably only offer around 1100 protection with a high chance of a few tiles being destroyed in short order. At 3 yellow it'll protect around 475 so you've got match damage covered.

At 4* tier preventing 1100 damage really isn't that much unless you want to guard against AoE attacks. Single target powers dwarf this and as such makes 3 yellow the clear cut build for the character. Use it to prevent match damage since that's the main thing it'll do anyways.

Blue:
            A little weak in my opinion but a cool concept. I get that blue can't keep up with 5 purple Xavier powers since this is a passive but the values are still very low for 4* tier. I really think it should reduce ALL friendly CD's by 1 as well. There aren't many characters who spam these and speeding up Kingpin, Star-Lord or Sentry is probably not the end of the world. Despite being somewhat underwhelming I'd say this skill deserves 5 covers since it's what makes this character stand out.

Red:
            Reminds me of Patch's Best There Is. This is a powerhouse skill but too slow to use without help. It also gives 4* tier yet another high damage red outlet which it's already flooded with. I'd put 5 covers into it because of the natural 1-2 punch with yellow but really this is a finisher only given the costs. Use this as you would Hood's yellow as an afterthought that can help end things.

Probable Build: 3/5/5

Overall:
            Trash tier as far as 4*'s are concerned on paper. Maybe it'll play better than it looks but what I'm seeing is a character whose strictly worse than the Thing defensively and is far too slow in terms of blue tile buffs or red AP costs to seriously turn the tide offensively.
          • SangFroid
            SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
            Having these heads up posts is a great step forward! Thank you!
          • ronin_san
            ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
            So, Sam, Sam/Richard, or Steven? Recall the 5 character pic previously hinted. If they've truly tinkered with their release order, then It might not be Nova. When I first read it, it seemed a LOT like Dr Strange. The Eye of Agomotto pendant can only ever be used for protection.

But with all the tile strengthening, protect tiles, etc... It does seem like an All New, All Different Captain Amerifalcon.
          • lukewin
            lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
            edited July 2015
            Upcoming PVP info is appreciated. Softens the blow of shutting down the spoiler thread. When I saw the Patch 81 preview and it only mentioned a Ragnarok PVP, I was disappointed. Glad I was patient and didn't voice outrage or disappointment then.

Also, it may already be planned, but it would be nice to see this info updated around the time of the 4th PVP in the list, if not earlier. Sooner for the PVE, since only 2 are listed. Thanks.
          • blinktag
            blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
            Cymmina wrote:
            Not much of a "sneak peek", this info has been visible in game since this morning (possibly sooner?). Stockpiled tokens have already rolled over to the next group.

Easy there, Tex. let's be happy--very happy--that they're communicating.
          • Pylgrim
            Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
            Good stuff. Will this be updated in a couple weeks when most of the things spoiled here have already happened?
          • kensterr
            kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
            Ultimate Spider-Man? Superior Spider-Man? Scarlet Spider? Iron Spider? Spider-Gwen?
          • SnowcaTT
            SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
            sinnerjfl wrote:
            Another star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png after DP, joy icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, they've learned a bit...giving the good (hey, look - info for upcoming events like they promised, so we don't have to demand the spoiler thread!) with the bad.

Seriously, the character release pace needs to slow down....4* after 4* leaves me with the same hoplessness of ever covering any of them (since there are so many now!) that I had as a 2* newbie (since they were so impossible to get).
          • Salgy
            Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
            kensterr wrote:
            Ultimate Spider-Man? Superior Spider-Man? Scarlet Spider? Iron Spider? Spider-Gwen?
            nope... The new falcon captain America
          • udonomefoo
            udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
            Thank you for the info. Please keep it up. Or even better, tell us a little bit about long term vision too.
          • mags1587
            mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
            This information post is fantastic! Love having the upcoming PvP information.

Less enthused about yet another 4* character. We just got Jean, we're getting another Deadpool, and now another one? If you're going to keep releasing them at this rate you really should do something about 1) the availability of covers and 2) the amount of ISO it takes to max a 4*.