MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In August, 2015 *Updated 8/19

2456789

Comments

  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    PR made a good point in line. He actually boosts tiles less than 3* falcon, which is 3x94
  • turulturul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, blue passive should have way better tile improvement for a 4*. (350-500)x2
  • turul wrote:
    Yes, blue passive should have way better tile improvement for a 4*. (350-500)x2

    If it had that, it would have to lose the CD manipulation, and that CD Manipulation is super good. I am ok with the passive as written.
  • turulturul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Yes, blue passive should have way better tile improvement for a 4*. (350-500)x2

    If it had that, it would have to lose the CD manipulation, and that CD Manipulation is super good. I am ok with the passive as written.

    I agree, that CD-manipulating ability is good, but...

    But theres no point in:
    - going over 3 covers in blue
    - improving tiles by <100 in 4* era
    - having CD manipulating ability in a non CD enviroment

    If there is something that does something, make it count, make the tile improvement powerful enough to build strategies with it.

    or forget tile improvement, and decrease 2-3 CDs
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Yes, blue passive should have way better tile improvement for a 4*. (350-500)x2

    If it had that, it would have to lose the CD manipulation, and that CD Manipulation is super good. I am ok with the passive as written.

    I agree, that CD-manipulating ability is good, but...

    But theres no point in:
    - going over 3 covers in blue
    - improving tiles by <100 in 4* era
    - having CD manipulating ability in a non CD enviroment

    If there is something that does something, make it count, make the tile improvement powerful enough to build strategies with it.

    or forget tile improvement, and decrease 2-3 CDs
    So it's the ock green of passives
  • puppychowpuppychow Posts: 1,453
    If this kind of heads up will be the new norm going forward, it's a gamechanger for me personally. Why? Now that I know what pvp events will be coming the rest of this season, I can level up guys accordingly.

    I'm not happy with the fact that a SECOND 4 star.png will be coming in August, but the powers look to be a less useful one and therefore I may not push for all three colors whenever this character is released.

    So in my view D3 took one step forward (great communication), one step backward (release of a low tier 4 star.png character).
  • GrumpySmurf1002GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been asking for a thread like this for a while, so A+ Adding the character sneak preview is a nice touch, I feel like it gets lost in the character discussion sometimes.
  • binarypillbugbinarypillbug Posts: 106
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for the upcoming info. I hope it'll be a somewhat regular occurrence going forward.

    Although... Why are the max level values over 3 times the base values? 4* characters typically have just under 2 times the base level values. Edit: In fact, it seems to be using the 3* template for improving the power of abilities.
  • slidecageslidecage Posts: 2,666 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please make this a weekly topic and not montly. though its a good start at least i know i can mostly just skip all PVP coming just make the 400 pts each to get the Season 10pack since got all of them covered
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    mags1587 wrote:
    This information post is fantastic! Love having the upcoming PvP information.

    Less enthused about yet another 4* character. We just got Jean, we're getting another Deadpool, and now another one? If you're going to keep releasing them at this rate you really should do something about 1) the availability of covers and 2) the amount of ISO it takes to max a 4*.

    i am way more worried about how to earn 1k HP a week to roster these buggers, while still being able to shield in pvp
  • PylgrimPylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    This information post is fantastic! Love having the upcoming PvP information.

    Less enthused about yet another 4* character. We just got Jean, we're getting another Deadpool, and now another one? If you're going to keep releasing them at this rate you really should do something about 1) the availability of covers and 2) the amount of ISO it takes to max a 4*.

    i am way more worried about how to earn 1k HP a week* to roster these buggers, while still being able to shield in pvp

    two weeks*

    I got over 700 HP from the Hulk event so it's fine by me.
  • EichenEichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Everyone guessing that it is a new falcon but it could be a 4* colossus.
  • GrumpySmurf1002GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    Everyone guessing that it is a new falcon but it could be a 4* colossus.

    The hint in the patch notes kinda rules this out.
  • Assuming this is
    Captain America (Sam Wilson)
    It will be interesting to see who it locks out on your team.

    Shouldn't lock out any Steve Rogers versions in the same way that Kamala doesn't lock out 2* Ms. Marvel. But would lock out Falcon. First time we'll have the same person as two different heroes.
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    Assuming this is
    Captain America (Sam Wilson)
    It will be interesting to see who it locks out on your team.

    Shouldn't lock out any Steve Rogers versions in the same way that Kamala doesn't lock out 2* Ms. Marvel. But would lock out Falcon. First time we'll have the same person as two different heroes.
    it should lock out 2* Cap, same shield, but not 3* Cap who uses an energy shield
  • j12601 wrote:
    Assuming this is
    Captain America (Sam Wilson)
    It will be interesting to see who it locks out on your team.

    Shouldn't lock out any Steve Rogers versions in the same way that Kamala doesn't lock out 2* Ms. Marvel. But would lock out Falcon. First time we'll have the same person as two different heroes.
    Um.. Jane/Thor ?

    Also if they follow the whole "one Mjolnir" logic with "one Vibranium Shield" it could lock out both. But why would you want to run this guy next to LCap anyway? I guess if you only had 3 blue covers and nothing else but once you cover red he takes over LCap's job as shields and red damage.

    Since you spoiler tagged yours I will be nice and spoiler tag my reply too.
  • Does this mean they've completely stopped making new 3 stars? That's bad news.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cayasha wrote:
    Does this mean they've completely stopped making new 3 stars? That's bad news.

    Yeah so it seems. I really think D3 is crazy for creating 4s that fast. 4 are not 3 (isnt that obvious?), we are going to need an eternity to max them (or just stop trying).
  • Lee TLee T Posts: 318
    Polares wrote:
    we are going to need an eternity to max them (or just stop trying).

    I stopped trying.

    4* PVE are time away from MPQ, I won't ever play the shield hop dance to get them in PVP and Ultron requires leaving my friend's alliance to obtain anything.. As long as there isn't a DDQ 4* equivalent, my 4* are basically PVE entry ticket for me.

    Back then, before DDQ, the same was true for my 3*. I almost stopped playing the game out of discouragement when I realised I would probably never cover them all.

    DDQ is the only reason I stayed.

    Unless there's some major improvement concerning 4* in the foreseeable future, I will probably quit the game once I'll have covered all the 3* currently in my roster.
  • GothicKratosGothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like they're just trying to create a solid 4* meta. I'm sure we'll see more 3*s (albeit at a slower rate than previously), and even 2*s from time to time, in the coming months. Once that's been accomplished, I feel like we'll see more of a back and forth as the market (movie promos, etc) and the demand (player requests, etc) deems.
Sign In or Register to comment.