Avengers Elite Training

Comments

• I see anything in the top 100 using less than 200hp on shields a definite win.

ISO from playing. At least break even on hp.
    2000 ISO reward + 3 heroics.

I'll put my 300hp in the hat.

Questionable players though, I agree, should be watched very closely.

I also believe that we will see ICEIX or another Demiurge rep commenting soon.
    Afaik you can't shield. I expect a lot of truce alliances and backstabs, and a lot of attacks on jacobpc on spite alone.

No shield makes it more interesting and makes it less of an HP dump. Even though that means it's a final hour thing. I didn't even look at length yet. I'll update that to main thread also.

And you are totally right!!!

Jacobpc and thereck are gonna have gigantic bullseyes (pun intended) all over them.
  • I disagree with the comment on the devs. An elite training is definitely a top 5 request.
    Also a high ranking request is an ISO / hp only rewards tourney.
    The payoff is fair for the entry.

To me this is what is called the devs listening to exactly what we said and giving it to us. Anyone who has complaints about that has issues.

I don't think the tournament itself is a bad idea. I just don't think now is the time.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it had some interesting progression rewards I might join, but I don't want to fight for 100+ in an unbracketed tournament of high-end players. With nobody over level 85 on my roster (regardless of their number of stars), I think I'd take a net loss.
  • Has anyone actually taken the plunge yet? Curious what the competition looks like... don't have an elite team yet, mid tier, so hesistant to invest 300HP to get slaughtered by lvl 85+ teams
  • DayvBang wrote:
    If it had some interesting progression rewards I might join, but I don't want to fight for 100+ in an unbracketed tournament of high-end players. With nobody over level 85 on my roster (regardless of their number of stars), I think I'd take a net loss.

I think some very minor progression rewards would be a great implementation.

100 - standard token
    250 - 50 hp
    500 - standard token
    1000- standard token x3

Not enough to make you rich but enough to let you recoup some of the entry fee.

• I think some very minor progression rewards would be a great implementation.

100 - standard token
    250 - 50 hp
    500 - standard token
    1000- standard token x3

Not enough to make you rich but enough to let you recoup some of the entry fee.

They do need something to draw in people who aren't vying for top spots. Otherwise the pool of combatants will be very small.
  • Is someone willing to play announcer for those of us playing along at home?
  • With no brackets, I might suggest a slight name change: "Thereck or JacobPC screws a long-time veteran out of 10,000 HP Elite Training" sound about right?

Other than that, it sounds pretty interesting, and will achieve the dev goal of getting us HP-hoarders to part with some of our treasure. Bragging rights for this will be fun (once the soon to come cheating gets ironed out)!
    The best part of this tourney for me is the spectatorship. The drama will be tons of fun for those on the outside.

Betting on TheLadder.

Flattering support, but save your bet icon_e_smile.gif This ends at a bad time for me (4-5am). So I doubt I will even enter this one, despite intrigue.

Anyway, I think there are better/stronger players out there than me, been a while since I won an unbracketed event (i.e. Lightning Round). Good luck to the big guns that post on here icon_twisted.gif
  • Lol, so that is the awesome new tourney mode Ice teased ? icon_e_biggrin.gif

With all the matchmaking problems, broken patch and bugs/cheaters atm + ending at most inconvenient time for me I think I'll pass.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone who joined, is there any MMR Hell situation in there?
  • turul wrote:
    Anyone who joined, is there any MMR Hell situation in there?

Given the event time I don't think I'll be joining myself til tomorrow or at least later tonight.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    We need a live-streaming of the top-10 ranking board...
  • I want to know are there shields? if so how much? and are any characters buffed? if so how much?
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Can confirm that there ARE shields for this event, at the Army Of One prices. Would have been surprised to see an event designed to get people to drop HP without them.

Edit: No buffs that I saw, but roster is limited to Avengers. For alts it varies - ex. 2* Wolvie is unlocked, but Patch is a no-go (ie, not an Avenger at the time?)
  • Right now I'm up to 162 pts just on seed teams alone. And up about 1000 iso from them.

#1 Teeth077 @ 323pts

Nemek at 6 w/ 267.

Shields are now available or 3hour @ 50HP, 8 Hour @ 100 HP, and 1 Day @ 200HP
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    Rewards look great, unfortunately it's another case of the rich getting richer...

Just this. I'm of course passing as I have no shot at any decent reward here, especially since it's not bracketed.
  • The top prize sounds frigging awesome. But that's about it. To at least get a decent return on your investment, you need to be in the top 100. (Anything less is blah - i have over 50 heroic covers already which i have not yet opened).

Considering this is unbracketed (and using shields would increase my initial cost), I have to ask myself "is this something i really really want to waste my life on for the next 2.5 days"?

Hmm, nah not worth my time. If they at least gave some progression rewards i would have considered. So i'll pass..
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    So which characters are avaliable? All Black Widows, Cap, all Hawkeyes, Thor, all Iron Mans, and the Hulk? Is Spider-Man an avenger?
  • Someone (Teeth077) already shielded up at 328....Money well spent....Not..He is in the lead but probably not for long.
  • Shields are gonna make it a little harder for those of us low on HP. It is called Advanced Training for a reason I guess.
    That makes it a little less enticing but I think I'm still interested.

On another note, has any1 thought about teams to use? I am trying to avoid getting 10,000 thorverine responses so let's just pretend their obsolete for the sake of conversation.

I think if I had the covers for it I would run
    Hulk GWBS and spidey

Spidey stuns and heals.
    Hulk tanks and feeds green.
    GWBS pink feeds green while being shielded by spidey.
    GWBS finishes it off.

Seems totally OP.

Since I don't have the covers for that I think I'll be running

Spidey
    Hulk
    Storm C or OBW

Avengers are actually a very weak area for me.