*** The Hood (Classic) ***

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool would still be my preferred, but it's closer now. Pre-boost nerf he could immediately take him down 65% and then the rest was a formality. Now it's one match, which is still pretty much as quick as it gets.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    My Hood solution: Bring my own Hood, and use the damage boosts. The faster he goes down, the faster Dormammu is only aiding YOU.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Meanwhile Grand forumite chat calls Hood and Loki being obsoleted by new characters who are all seemingly capable of alpha striking them fast and efficiently: Kamala, Cyclops, Cage, some whales use Kingpin, and especially Iron Fist. I wish they'd come here and repeat their words that Hood and Loki need _health buffs_ to not be forgotten in a month, lol. Would really help to show the two sides of a medal.
  • I've been finding Iron Fist attack.png to do most the work, he dies before I can charge a power usually. Either that or 5 purpletile.png to 11 blacktile.png happens and he eats a SS to the face.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should I upgrade Hood to level 166? I was never sure whether that was a good idea since he'd start tanking colours. But with the health buff that might not be as much of an issue.
    I have had him sat at Lv 120 for a while now, but I guess I can dump enough ISO in him to max him out when the ISO price changes.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Deadpool is another frustrating teammate in a Hood fight. You try to kill Hood quick, but DP keeps jumping in front and sucking up your high damage moves.
  • Not sure if a bug or just how it is suppose to work. But when I use Hood's Intimidation power to deal damage and drop the count on a friendly CD tile and the CD tile activates each time it counts down but doesn't activate, would this be a bug or just how it is meant to work.

Scenario:
    Patch uses green to make enemy enemystrike.png
    Antman's Small time cooks CD is out countdown.png
    Hood then use's Intimidation to to deal damage and drop the countdown.png by 1.

Shouldn't Antman's ability activate and steal one of the enemy enemystrike.png tiles?
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    cd != turn

reducing the countdown tile does mean a turn has occurred. Ant-Man only steals tiles every turn, not every countdown.

ETA: so 2* spider-man is a better partner, as you'd rather have the cd higher so it lasts more turns, hood is a bad match for ant-man's blue as it just reduces the number of turns it will be around to steal tiles. although hood may be better for ant-man's yellow...fun choices!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    You can force a pulse of Human Torch's greentile.png tile if you use Intimidate, so this behavior is consistent.

EDIT: Misunderstood the question initially, "consistent" was the wrong word to use.
  • darkmagearcanis
    darkmagearcanis Posts: 401
    edited July 2015
    Ok, that is what I thought, but wanted to make sure. It seemed odd to me. I wish it was the ladder though.
  • You can force a pulse of Human Torch's greentile.png tile if you use Intimidate.

True but Torch's greentile.png CD is set to 1, so when the CD is 0 it activates and resets to 1.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    You can force a pulse of Human Torch's greentile.png tile if you use Intimidate.

True but Torch's greentile.png CD is set to 1, so when the CD is 0 it activates and resets to 1.

That's true.

Just tested and confirmed that Hood Intimidate does not trigger the tile destruction on icon_squirrelgirl.png's greentile.png tiles. So behaving that way for Ant-Man is consistent with current behavior, at least.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    The big item is what is the description of the CD tile. It the CD says per turn when the CD is out lit SG and Ant Man blue the ability does not fire. If it does not say anything hing about turns then it activates when the CD resolves. Ant Man and SG have CD with dual powers one is a passive the other is the CD. HT and Blade are the only 2 that I can think of that are infinite countdown tiles starting at 1 where intimidation will work as the OP is using intimidation
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Ok, that is what I thought, but wanted to make sure. It seemed odd to me. I wish it was the ladder though.

Sorry man, The Ladder quit a little over a year ago.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    so 2* spider-man is a better partner,

Now there's something I never thought I'd read.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    can someone explain Hood's blue power? I have him 5y/5black/2blue right now, and it seems that even with 10+ purple or blue on the board, I'm not seeing his power activate. is there something I'm missing?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    At level 2 it only triggers if (a) there are more than 10 tiles of the appropriate color on the board, not 10 or more, and (b) the other team has a nonzero amount of purple or blue (depending on which color has been triggered). Can't steal AP when they're at 0.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    At level 2 it only triggers if (a) there are more than 10 tiles of the appropriate color on the board, not 10 or more, and (b) the other team has a nonzero amount of purple or blue (depending on which color has been triggered). Can't steal AP when they're at 0.

Ah. The text of "more than 10" is inconsequential, I had at one point counted 14 purple tiles, and was still not ticking upwards/stealing any. The second part of your answer is almost certainly the key to my issue, and TY for that. Can't steal it, if they haven't got it!!! Thank you very much, I just hadn't even thought of that.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I'm the 2* to 3* transition. I have the Hood at 1-5-4 at lvl 94. Everything I've read says the hood is supposed to be this amazing support character, but I've yet to really see it. Apparently, his blue and black are his best skills. My problem is with his blue skill, he just steals one AP from one color - and even that is conditional. 2* Black Widow does the steal much better than that. I just don't feel I can rely on it in PvP.

Then there's his black. I don't use countdown tiles much, but I could see Hood's black being useful then.

I play primarily PvP. Is the Hood really that useful there? Or is there some strategy I'm missing?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    He steals 1 from every color with more than 9 tiles. Every turn. This increases the number of turns until the enemy team's abilities come online and can get yours online sooner. The value of this cannot be overstated.