PVE: Enemy of the State (July 9-17)

Comments

• Finished Hand Fortress on my stream if anyone would like to see this piece of history archived, someday, looking back at it fondly remembering MPQ...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

148.6k and barely #9.. my slice is rough. I will probably look to merc out, ends 5pm tomorrow for me.

Yeah, I've noticed you struggling along with me to stay in that top 10. Hope we both make it. It will be a tough final grind for sure, though.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    It is a tough one. Just broke 200k after my first clear of the final sub still about 20 hours left but realistically only after three covers well maybe four if I merc out.

Anyway good luck with this.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    anyone else getting nothing but 2* covers from their eots tokens, or just me?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:

It's not just you. Maybe the one from the last sub will be the one to break the streak for me. Doubtful, but I just had my 1-purple-cover Elektra do something useful with her ability in the essential nods, so I guess anything is possible icon_e_smile.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else get to the last sub and think "lol devs messed up, they forgot to give Gorgon a red feeder" on the Gorgon + 2 goon node?
  • ZootSax wrote:
    jredd wrote:

It's not just you. Maybe the one from the last sub will be the one to break the streak for me. Doubtful, but I just had my 1-purple-cover Elektra do something useful with her ability in the essential nods, so I guess anything is possible icon_e_smile.gif
    didn't record all my pulls, but grabbed a 4* icon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png so tokens aren't completely borked
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Last sub actually gives two tokens - one from the final node and one from the Torch essential. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    (Of course I pulled 2*s from both... icon_rolleyes.gif )
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, event tokens seemed to get really good for a bit but now normal service has resumed.

Strangely, I seem to do better with standard's than event.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    dkffiv wrote:
    Anyone else get to the last sub and think "lol devs messed up, they forgot to give Gorgon a red feeder" on the Gorgon + 2 goon node?

It's kinda refreshing to have nodes that are actually 'normal' difficulty in stead of a 'trivial' or 'easy' node where after 4 turns the AI is like 'Ohhh.... look at that, you didn't stun me or down me in time? Here, have this Debilitating Slash... In your face!!' (or faster if he has matches some red, and the same goes for wolvie with Adamantium Slash).

I really think Gorgon is stong enough on his own, they didn't need to put him on steroids half... well, 90% of the time. Seriously though, 1 red feeder should be more than enough on 'hard' nodes.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:

I had 3 tokens yesterday and pulled 3*s from each of them. So I think I used up my luck for the next week or so. Or maybe it's karma from pulling about 30 straight 2*s from the DDQ vault.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    jredd wrote:

I had 3 tokens yesterday and pulled 3*s from each of them. So I think I used up my luck for the next week or so. Or maybe it's karma from pulling about 30 straight 2*s from the DDQ vault.

nothing but 2*s on all tokens from the event. The heroic i got from alliance placement last sub broke my losing streak, Spidey yellow.. sold... but hey, seeing that gold icon for the first time in over a week on a token was a momentary hooray.

but so far absolutely nothing on the actual event tokens.

and over 200k, fallen out of top 10, ugh.. make it stop!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on the EotS token 2* streak as well.

Hopefully that'll mean all TaT tokens will be nothing but Ant-Men.
  • SpecOps
    SpecOps Posts: 31
    My overall pulls from the EotS tokens have a really good. I've received two 4 star characters so far: one red Elektra cover and one green Invisible Woman. I needed both covers, so they were a nice surprise to receive from this event.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just cashed in 3 EotS tokens. I got 2 3*s. (Yay!) Yellow Iron Man, and Black Quicksilver. (Boo!)
  • skippytx
    skippytx Posts: 89
    My first four EoTS tokens were 3* characters, the last 2 subs worth have all been 2*.

I have the best luck with Heroic tokens and pulling gold chars.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    StevO-J wrote:

It's kinda refreshing to have nodes that are actually 'normal' difficulty in stead of a 'trivial' or 'easy' node where after 4 turns the AI is like 'Ohhh.... look at that, you didn't stun me or down me in time? Here, have this Debilitating Slash... In your face!!' (or faster if he has matches some red, and the same goes for wolvie with Adamantium Slash).

In an earlier sub, I took like three or four adamantiums to my 120 falcon. The node was astonishing wolf plus two red feeder hands. Thankfully it was an easier difficulty, or else I wouldn't be able to clear that node.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Bummer - finished 106th w/ 172k. Red Lthor reward is a slap in the face bcs I couldn't complete a last run at the Triumph node before 12:00p. I haven't played long enough to know how this compares to past 4* EotS grinds, but I feel like missing out on the t100 w/ 172k (2.4x the final progression reward) is pretty bad.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Bummer - finished 106th w/ 172k. Red Lthor reward is a slap in the face bcs I couldn't complete a last run at the Triumph node before 12:00p. I haven't played long enough to know how this compares to past 4* EotS grinds, but I feel like missing out on the t100 w/ 172k (2.4x the final progression reward) is pretty bad.

It is a new 4* release, im at around 225k myself, and barely hanging in top 10, about 15 people within 5k of me..

New release events tend to be rough, i know it burns to miss out like that.. you should have been able to merc with a t100 alliance for a bonus cover with that score though, just a thought for next time.

Actually, there is still time, alliance rewards are not until after the final sub ends.. you may want to try!
  • jredd wrote:

You mean in this PvE specifically? Or since I started playing MPQ? icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Yes, and yes.

DBC