PVE: Enemy of the State (July 9-17)

jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
End times (Central Daylight Time):
Thursday, 16 July, 6:00 AM / 11:00 AM / 4:00 PM / 10:00 PM / 1:00 AM on July 17

Powered Up
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_elektra.png (essential) icon_antman.png (new) icon_thing.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_kingpin.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_humantorch.png (essential) icon_daken.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_spiderman.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_storm.png (essential) icon_wolverine.png (essential?) icon_magneto.pngicon_thor.png

star.png
icon_storm.pngicon_venom.png

Progression awards:
100: cardpack.png (standard)
500: 100 iso8.png
1000: rainbow damage boost
2300: healthpack.png
4700: rainbow AP stockpile
7800: 250 iso8.png
11500: icon_magneto.pngredflag.png
15700: 250 iso8.png
20400: cardpack.png (event)
25400: 250 iso8.png
30800: icon_storm.pngblueflag.png
36600: 500 iso8.png
42700: 50 imcoin.png
49100: 1000 iso8.png
55800: icon_thor.pngredflag.png
62700: 500 iso8.png
70000: icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.png

Placement rewards:
1-2: icon_antman.pngblueflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_antman.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.png , 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.png , 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png , 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png, 2000 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
101-150: icon_thor.pngredflag.png, 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_ms_marvel.pngredflag.png, 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_ms_marvel.pngredflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
301-400: icon_ms_marvel.pngredflag.png, 500 iso8.png
401-500: cardpack.png (standard) x 3, 250 iso8.png
501-600: cardpack.png (standard) x 2, 250 iso8.png
601-800: cardpack.png (standard) , 250 iso8.png
801-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2: icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png
3-10: icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png, 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
11-25: icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png, 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
26-50: icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250: 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500: 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000: 500 iso8.png
1001-10000: 250 iso8.png

Enemy of the state has significant number of subs, although I'm not positive it's a full 7. Be on the lookout for 48-hour subs. (I didn't keep track last time, and the PVE format guide has removed information as it's somewhat outdated.) I'll try to keep this updated as subs progress.

Update after launch: The opening survival wave (Something's Wrong) is repeatable, at least for now.
Update after SHIELD Base sub closes: Something's Wrong is no longer repeatable. The sub which unlocks Avengers Tower is also one-and-done.

Sub 1, SHIELD Base, is 48 hours.

Sub 2, Avengers Tower, is 24 hours. I /think/ the remaining subs will be 24 hours each. (Edit 7/12: no, I misread and it really was 24 hours.)

Sub 3, X- Mansion, is 24 hours.

Comments

• So much for getting a new event for Antman. Just more of the same?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Cayasha wrote:
    So much for getting a new event for Antman. Just more of the same?

The new event is running concurrently. See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=31218
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I'm a noob. I thought the Antman cover was Ultron.
  • I'm going to be letting this one slide until the last day or so.

And are they only releasing 4*s now? I'm getting sick of 4*s. My least-covered 3* at this point has 10 covers, which is ridiculous.
  • jffdougan
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm going to be letting this one slide until the last day or so.

And are they only releasing 4*s now? I'm getting sick of 4*s. My least-covered 3* at this point has 10 covers, which is ridiculous.

Couldn't say. I'm not a fan of the spoiler thread, so I tend to avoid it unless somebody gets really snotty about my ignorance of its contents.
  • As a 2* player:

All three parts of thormneto are boosted? ... Goodbye, reasonable PVE scaling.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

with the vault and movie tie in events, now they're free to make as many 4* as there are 3* *shudder*
  • jffdougan
    As a 2* player:

All three parts of thormneto are boosted? ... Goodbye, reasonable PVE scaling.

Community scaling is dead, so you should only be affected by your own performance.

Also, in 2* land, Captain America is one of the kings of survival nodes.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Was thinking the same thing. Literally any new character is deemed a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png is pretty ridiculous. No offence to icon_antman.png but I see him as a star.pngstar.pngstar.png character, cuz if/when they release Thanos, it looks fairly odd that he's just as rare as icon_antman.png (argument can be made about icon_elektra.png & icon_kingpin.png too)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

with the vault and movie tie in events, now they're free to make as many 4* as there are 3* *shudder*
    if that is truly their vision, I think it would have a lot more support in the community if they addressed iso shortage/costs more than they have. now it is really simple to get your *** guys up to 120 but my goodness ****s get expensive and I haven't even started mine yet. any/all of these could address the iso issue for ****s:
    * LRs all week
    * slight reduction in leveling costs at the higher levels
    * reduction of raw iso costs for those who purchase iso - more would consider if it didn't cost so dang much
    * double iso event(s)
    * increase of base iso award from 20 to ~50

any/all of these would help tremendously. it seems their long-term vision is in **** land, but good luck to the noob getting there when leveling a **** to 220 costs a quarter mil.
  • Marty17 wrote:
    Was thinking the same thing. Literally any new character is deemed a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png is pretty ridiculous. No offence to icon_antman.png but I see him as a star.pngstar.pngstar.png character, cuz if/when they release Thanos, it looks fairly odd that he's just as rare as icon_antman.png (argument can be made about icon_elektra.png & icon_kingpin.png too)
    I doubt we will be able to play Thanos. Ever. He is so powerful that any version of him as a 4* wouldn't do him justice. My guess is he will be released only as an enemy boss, like Ultron. If they introduce him as a playable character, then he will be the first 5* which will probably be the new star rarity debut. After all, by then, the 3* characters will be the new 2*.

I'll wait until the last 2 days of the event before I join. It is a risk, but there is no way I am playing 8-hour refreshes for 7 days.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Narkon wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    I doubt we will be able to play Thanos. Ever. He is so powerful that any version of him as a 4* wouldn't do him justice. My guess is he will be released only as an enemy boss, like Ultron. If they introduce him as a playable character, then he will be the first 5* which will probably be the new star rarity debut. After all, by then, the 3* characters will be the new 2*.

I'll wait until the last 2 days of the event before I join. It is a risk, but there is no way I am playing 8-hour refreshes for 7 days.

I'm hoping that we get a playable Apocalypse for next year's X-Men movie. I could see him as a 5*, but would settle for a playable 4*.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

Just a friendly warning, I was of the same mind for the 1st carnage pve (also a 7dayer) and the last fresh bracket was 4 days before the close of the event and in the end I missed out completely.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr Stoat wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Just a friendly warning, I was of the same mind for the 1st carnage pve (also a 7dayer) and the last fresh bracket was 4 days before the close of the event and in the end I missed out completely.
    great point. i remember that one. still climbed to t50 but it was a chore after joining ~18 hrs after it flipped after i realized that waiting wasn't going to work - they were climbing so slow. still, sitting this one out until Monday. i'll trade 3 days of grinding to risk not getting him. i just can't continuously grind pve any more.
  • Mr Stoat wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Same with me, but at this point, I'd rather miss it than grind seven days for a 4*. That's kind of where I've gotten in the game.
  • MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

I'm hoping that we get a playable Apocalypse for next year's X-Men movie. I could see him as a 5*, but would settle for a playable 4*.
    no tie ins for fox stuff but the thing might b a good sign
    Narkon wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

Squirrel Girl is more powerful and she's playable
    Marty17 wrote:

Say it with me - rarity does not equal power level. We can get 15* agent coulson, D3 doesn't give a kitty
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Say it with me - rarity does not equal power level. We can get 15* agent coulson, D3 doesn't give a kitty

Except that you actually have something called "Level" and 4* start and end at much higher levels than anyone else.
  • raisinbman wrote:

Except that you actually have something called "Level" and 4* start and end at much higher levels than anyone else.
    yet for 4* levels mean almost nothing. It's almost a Buddhist proverb.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:

The character's strength in the comics didn't matter from 1* to 2*. It didn't matter from 2* to 3*. So now it is supposed to matter from 3* to 4*?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter anyways since any character can beat any other character.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    True, kinda like icon_wolverine.png can beat icon_magneto.png