Divine Champions

1171819202123»

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    L45TN7 wrote:
    So Nemek said I was shadow banned or whatever the official term is

but i still got 1st place.

as far as I know, I am unable to retaliate or be retaliated. Is that a good or bad thing? icon_rolleyes.gif

And so did somebody else in our bracket (get 1st place). It is what you make of it...you can't be attacked and nobody will ever lose points to you. You can think of it as a blessing or a curse.
  • At 3 hours to go, had to shield to keep a measly 17 pt. lead when the retaliations were threatening to roll in (which they did en masse). 2nd place made a push with about 30 minutes to go, so had to drop guard and risk the shark tank. Pulled ahead with 15 min left, then got hit 2-3 times. Kept chipping away with boosts and eventually their luck ran out and they finally started getting tagged. Finished one last match for 10 pts. and shielded again with 2 min. left right before 2 more attacks came in. 40 pt. lead held.

Shields can be a really fun strategic option when they're reasonably priced. The tourney itself was a massive grindy slog through the muck, but the last 30 minutes may have been the most satisfying challenge I've had to date in PvP. I'll be happy to spend on some for Army of One now that they're back in the reasonable range (and I need the rewards).
  • Nemek wrote:
    L45TN7 wrote:

as far as I know, I am unable to retaliate or be retaliated. Is that a good or bad thing? icon_rolleyes.gif

And so did somebody else in our bracket (get 1st place). It is what you make of it...you can't be attacked and nobody will ever lose points to you. You can think of it as a blessing or a curse.

So basically his PvP is the same as PvE.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    I made a quick push around 4-5 hours before the end because I had to go to sleep and I, surprisingly, managed to get around 675 points. I shielded for 8 hours at #4 with only 50 HP left in the account. Never expected to finish top 5 with 2-3 players just 10-30 less than me when I shielded. By the time I went to sleep I had dropped to #5, but I would fine even with top 15 for the green Punisher (don't care much about the black as it is already at 3 and I don't think I need it higher). It seems the retaliations in the last 4 hours were brutal as no one else managed to get higher than me. Now that I have the option though I have to choose. Green or black Punisher to 4.
  • Nemek wrote:
    L45TN7 wrote:

You're saying two people got first place in your bracket? How do you know that? And why do you have recruit tokens stashed up, L45TN7? lol Gimme! And grats on your Wolvie.
  • pumkin wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    L45TN7 wrote:

You're saying two people got first place in your bracket? How do you know that? And why do you have recruit tokens stashed up, L45TN7? lol Gimme! And grats on your Wolvie.

nemek and my screenshots are definitely in the same bracket, i just don't show up in his. so whoever it was that ended up placing first probably got rewards same as me as it would be tinykitty for them to be denied the rewards they believed they deserved. and the reason i have so many recruit tokens is cause i dont need anymore? (have a full roster - just need the new daredevil) and so won a lot of tokens from the past events. i'd give them to you if i could
  • L45TN7 wrote:
    pumkin wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    L45TN7 wrote:

nemek and my screenshots are definitely in the same bracket, i just don't show up in his. so whoever it was that ended up placing first probably got rewards same as me as it would be tinykitty for them to be denied the rewards they believed they deserved. and the reason i have so many recruit tokens is cause i dont need anymore? (have a full roster - just need the new daredevil) and so won a lot of tokens from the past events. i'd give them to you if i could

That's at least 8600 worth of iso.

However it's not a bad idea to keep them if you don't need to use them. They can be stored, covers cannot.