Afraid to unshield.... lol

Options
Sitting in 2nd with 10th to go. I'm 45 point behind 1st 80 ahead of 5th.
Have 3 matches to get me to 1st but to scared Lol

Comments

• I took the risk when some dude passed me with an hour to go...I waited til 10 mins left, boosted up and went on a holy terror for +150 points over 7 matches...I never got attacked back either, so it worked out well, ended up getting 1st...
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh hey. I woulda broken shield If I saw you did. icon_e_wink.gif
  • My bracket shielded up for the last few hours and nobody broke shield so I was able to pass everyone for first with 30mins left and nobody challenged me for it. Went untouched at the end with a 100pt lead (stopped so as to not present too juicy a target). Not sure if it was because I had strong defense (Rags, Thor, and Aires with 10k, 10k, 8k buffed health respectively) or more that a lot of people did not want to break shield. I think a lot of it was the shields since once you pay the HP it would seem a waste to forgo it.
  • Pentagoon
    Options
    Put up my shield at the 3 hr remaining mark, in a crowded pack for 4th, was going for top 5 for my final Punisher red. I saw some folks progressing dangerously near me, so I broke the shield at the 20 minute mark, said WTH, boosted like crazy, and attempted to make a run for 1st. Made it to 3rd, fought hard along the way, then ended up getting SLAMMED at the last 2 minutes for 70+ retalliation points, fell to 6th, did not get my Punisher Red I spent all day working for. Here's my haiku:

No Punisher red
    I broke shield, prematurely
    Lesson learned. Vodka.

icon_e_sad.gif

--Pentagoon