Divine Champions

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    I am honestly perplexed... I am around 850 points and see no teams worth more than 25 points... most are in the 12-16 range icon_eek.gif
    Am I not supposed to see all the top scorers by now?

I think youre it. I saw the reck at around 1k points, and hes usually 2.4k points by now. I think people dont care about this tournament anymore: maybe brcause everyone already has punisher covers
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    I am honestly perplexed... I am around 850 points and see no teams worth more than 25 points... most are in the 12-16 range icon_eek.gif

Yeah same. Hit 900 but everything is worth 15 points after that and I get attacked for 30ish.
    No Loki for me... sending the tank team in icon_e_biggrin.gif
    BTW you can ignore my PM now, it is a moot point icon_e_wink.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Yeah, I think the primary reason you're not seeing anybody worth any points...is that they don't exist.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Il Palazzo wrote:

Yeah same. Hit 900 but everything is worth 15 points after that and I get attacked for 30ish.

What teams are you guys running to get into the 800s? I guess you need maxed, buffed characters in order to make it...
  • Il Palazzo wrote:

What teams are you guys running to get into the 800s? I guess you need maxed, buffed characters in order to make it...

I ran capped wolvie/thor/obw... how original icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, I think the primary reason you're not seeing anybody worth any points...is that they don't exist.

And they don't exist because the devs have found some way to stop us from tanking.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    wathombe wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

And they don't exist because the devs have found some way to stop us from tanking.

I'm sure you can send out your bag man team without a shield and tank just fine. icon_e_biggrin.gif

(But it does seem like they've made it so that bagman teams won't show up for shielded people...or maybe shielded people don't show up at all...*shrug*)
  • NorthernPolarity
    Il Palazzo wrote:

I ran capped wolvie/thor/obw... how original icon_e_biggrin.gif

Seriously? Damn it, i guess i didnt tank enough...
  • Il Palazzo wrote:

I have max thor, 65 ares, 50 c sorm. And boosts to avoid random wipes. Net gain of iso for matches around zero, if not slightly negative icon_e_sad.gif
    Thanks Psycho, I am in the same situation really, tried to gamble for a black Loki but seems impossible. I had max punisher for a while (cover wise) and just want XWolvie red for the dual row shred. Now if only his skills were made much cheaper, he would be a very interesting aggressive board manipulator... one can only hope
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    By not playing for an entire day, I dropped all the way from #1 to #168 by last night. By still not playing all day today, I climbed to #122, where I sit right now. Maybe my luck will hold. I'll fight my way to #40 and then miraculously climb 45 spots while watching TV with my boyfriend tonight and get #1. What say you? I have total faith it could happen! icon_lol.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    Just had a idea: if tanking from retreating/yielding doesnt work, maybe tanking from a victory works... Just put up a 85 thor / lvl 1 yelena/venom team up, have fun guys!
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Polkio wrote:
    Finally made to 800 .... wait ...what ... no 730 again - only 8 matches for 10 points and I should be good

I discovered that I am really sarcastic

I'm in your MMR bracket, watched it happen, I pushed 940 then shielded only due to having stored retaliations worth 40 points, now nothing is over 23.

The piranha are hungry and hit you 2-3 times over the course of a match
  • Il Palazzo wrote:

I'm confused too, because I swear I saw "Il-Palazzo" in my bracket yesterday, but do not see you in the top 10 (only two above 800 w the top being Telias). Maybe I have the wrong name.
  • What teams are you guys running to get into the 800s? I guess you need maxed, buffed characters in order to make it...

Maxed Ares, Thor and C.Storm

I'm ranked 1 with 806 points. Was pretty easy going to get there, got only attacked twice while getting from 500 to 800 points.
    I see a few people that are worth 20 to 25 points. Most others are between 12 and 18 points.

Guy at rank 2 is 100 points behind me and shielded, so I probably won't need to go any further to win. But I'll look in an hour again and go for 900 points if necessary.

Never had a bracket which was so low on points before.
  • Just had a idea: if tanking from retreating/yielding doesnt work, maybe tanking from a victory works... Just put up a 85 thor / lvl 1 yelena/venom team up, have fun guys!
    It doesn't work. I think that the game will just remember whatever the strongest team you used for the tournament.
  • Jamil wrote:

Maxed Ares, Thor and C.Storm

I'm ranked 1 with 806 points. Was pretty easy going to get there, got only attacked twice while getting from 500 to 800 points.
    I see a few people that are worth 20 to 25 points. Most others are between 12 and 18 points.

Guy at rank 2 is 100 points behind me and shielded, so I probably won't need to go any further to win. But I'll look in an hour again and go for 900 points if necessary.

Never had a bracket which was so low on points before.

I'm #3 at 606. #1 is still at like 750.
  • Just had a idea: if tanking from retreating/yielding doesnt work, maybe tanking from a victory works... Just put up a 85 thor / lvl 1 yelena/venom team up, have fun guys!
    It doesn't work. I think that the game will just remember whatever the strongest team you used for the tournament.

Not convinced this has anything to do with tank teams. I thought people with regular teams out reported not being attacked.
  • I just got shielded from a +4 attack.
    FAIL
  • Il Palazzo wrote:

I think youre it. I saw the reck at around 1k points, and hes usually 2.4k points by now. I think people dont care about this tournament anymore: maybe brcause everyone already has punisher covers

I barely have any punisher covers. But thats because I only have 2 high level characters and I'm in matchmaking hell without any chance of making it out. I dont even have a single ragnarok cover.

People need to stop thinking everybody has all these covers already. More than 2000 people play said tournaments, and only what, the top 100 get punisher covers? Not to change the fact you need 13 in total.

Most people dont have 2-3 teams of fully leveled characters without spending 102981902 bucks into this. This is why I dont care about this tournament, cause it all means is losing my 5 healthpacks for something I can barely win and get 0 rewards out of it.
  • Shielded in 1st at 750 knowing someone will pass me but not caring and thereck hits me 3 times in a row....Luckily I was shielded, but I am fairly confident dude is cheating somehow...