Morbius - The Living Vampire

Options
Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Ingest redflag.png Morbius needs blood to sustain himself. He lashes out dealing 300 damage and healing himself for 300 (scales with covers/levels)
Mesmerize blueflag.png Morbius stares deeply into his enemies eyes, taking control of them. Places a countdown tile on the board that transforms the targeted character into an ally. Match damage hits the enemy team, while generating AP for Morbius's team. (tile duration and/or damage/ap generation scales with covers)
Vampire Creation: blacktile.png Morbius lets loose those of his own creation. 2 possibilities for this one. Skill similar to KP's, adding tiles that do damage and heal him/team, OR , he is replaced by a Goon type character, and is untargetable until goon is killed, or if this is a countdown tile, goon replaces him until timer runs out.

The Goon would have a couple basic goon abilities, creating attack tiles, and something similar to "morale boost"

Thoughts?

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He needs a leech ability. Combine mesmerize with heal. Make that yellowflag.png

While the leech ability countdown tile is in play, heal 800 per turn. Maximum 2 turns.

Vampiric strength. redflag.png Deal x damage. If ap pool exceeds y, deal extra. OR if used while mesmerize is in play, deal additional damage.

And maybe a passive blood hunt, blackflag.png that procs one to three redflag.png per turn.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    You could even teeter-totter him ala Daken, making him heal or take damage with redtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png on the board.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    You could even teeter-totter him ala Daken, making him heal or take damage with redtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png on the board.

Thought about that, my take was on those he turned, if X tiles on the board, spawns a goon type countdown tile, as a passive instead of the actual summon goon ability.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:

While the leech ability countdown tile is in play, heal 800 per turn. Maximum 2 turns.

Vampiric strength. redflag.png Deal x damage. If ap pool exceeds y, deal extra. OR if used while mesmerize is in play, deal additional damage.

And maybe a passive blood hunt, blackflag.png that procs one to three redflag.png per turn.

I am liking the possibilities with the yellowflag.png

How about this:
    Mesmerize and Feed yellowflag.png Morbius takes control of an enemy and feeds on his life force. Places a countdown tile, stuns target for X turn, each turn of the stun, target takes X damage, healing Morbius for X damage. 2 covers additional damage, 3 covers adds 1 to countdown/stun, 4th cover, more damage, 5th cover, mesmerized player hands over 1-2 red AP per turn while under his spell.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

I am liking the possibilities with the yellowflag.png

How about this:
    Mesmerize and Feed yellowflag.png Morbius takes control of an enemy and feeds on his life force. Places a countdown tile, stuns target for X turn, each turn of the stun, target takes X damage, healing Morbius for X damage. 2 covers additional damage, 3 covers adds 1 to countdown/stun, 4th cover, more damage, 5th cover, mesmerized player hands over 1-2 red AP per turn while under his spell.

I think the stun plus heal is enough for one ability. With more covers, it's probably like "stun 3 turns. Target takes 1000 damage per turn. True heal Morbius 800. It's a bite. A bite hurts.

Alternately, he could just have a mesmerize stun that makes them lose AP (in turn feeding your AP pool, ala a Ghoul or familiar).

That frees up a bigger attack that heals.
  • Why not just bring in Dracula with the cabal?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is his title really the 'living vampire'? I suppose he invalidates, Blade then? icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Is his title really the 'living vampire'? I suppose he invalidates, Blade then? icon_lol.gif

Blade is a Daywalker, but yes, since neither are undead.. they would both be.

Morbius pre-dates blade by a couple years (1971 vs 1973), and they have clashed a few times.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    I would prefer full on morbid than the hand suckle plasma drainer from the 90s spider-man cartoon.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    background.jpg

There's your cover.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    background.jpg

There's your cover.

Still won't let me upvote!